September 17, 2014 | 1002 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - Poudre Coromandel

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2006 6:23:00 PM More reviews by plummiecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder was recently used on me my a MA during a makeover, and I loved how much my skin glowed so I purchased one. Yet when I got it home and tried it, I barely could tell I had applied any. (I wonder if the glow in the store was attrbuted to the Vitalumiere compact cream makeup she applied under the powder). The color of the powder is a soft peachy pink with very, very subtle shimmers. This product reminds me of my everyday powder, Prescriptives Magic translucent loose powder. I compared Pourdre Coromandel with Prescriptives Magic by applying one to each side of my face, and the effect is virtually identical. (I may like the Magic a tiny bit better).Overall, this powder is pricey at $42, but it is convenient for travel and quick touch ups. This powder is probably suited for fair complexions. I'm not sure if it's LE since it's still listed on the Chanel site. I purchased mine at Macy's and I got the second to the last one. I won't repurchase as I know mine will last forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2006 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Fabiochanel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a beautyfull LE from CHANEL this peachy-pink-gold powder makes your skin glow!!!!!!!
Its simply devine and i especially love it over the vitalumiere (every formulation) its blend wonderfull and makes you look so even and just perfect very radiant but not shiny!!!
And btw tthis powder lasts and last i bought it a year ago and with almost everyday use its still full amazing!!
It comes in a wonderfull sleek black CHANEL compact!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2006 1:47:00 PM More reviews by daveandnic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading some reviews on this powder I took a chance and ordered this. I am so glad I did. This powder gives my foundation a little oomph when I use it as opposed to a regular pressed powder. It gives my skin a slight glow. Nothing over the top or shimmery, but just right. Do not be fooled by the gold overlay you see on the powder at different websites. It's on the plastic insert not the powder its self. This is a light peachy-pink powder. Reminds me of MAC Beauty Powders. Beautiful Powder. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2006 12:23:00 PM More reviews by nionio

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This powder is somewhat like the guerlain meteorites. It doesn't really show up, but adds a little "iridescent" to the face. I would add a little bit of this to my double perfection so that my face doesn't look so dull. There's nothing much to the powder, it doesn't nothing to oil control, or mattifying. It's nice to keep this in your purse for a touch up and it has a nice chanel signature black compact with white logo, velvet pouch, and a travel brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2006 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Mejas

I bought it in sale for 20 EUR, that's why I am not regreted, let it be in my collection, but if I would buy it for normal price 50 EUR I wouldn't be happy about this powder, nice package, pleasant brush, but what powder do to your face - nothing!no matt, no glow, it's really invisible on the face.
When i tryed to apply really a lot on my face, then I noticed it gives a little of pink shade to my face. This powder is just a toy!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2005 9:12:00 AM More reviews by ACEerCP

A slightly peachy, extremely fine-shimmer highlight powder. It's pressed and comes in a suedeish pouch along with a WONDERFUL soft fan brush and pouch for applying (I use the brush included with other products quite a bit!). I'm glad I bought this since I was absolutely dying to have it, but I'm only so-so on it. It's WONDERFUL if you want only a SLIGHT glow to your skin. This is completely office-friendly even, IMHO. The shimmer shows up very discreet on my PPP skin and is a great finish for a luminous but bare look. If you want a true highlighter, look elsewhere. But if you want something with more oomph than the usual transluscent powder that can be worn almost everywhere, definitely check this out. There very well might be better products on the market and it's not HG for me, but it is a nice addition to my Chanel lineup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2005 1:11:00 AM More reviews by kinipela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I gave in and shelled out the $50 for this LE highlighter/powder.

It is a pinky-peach with some golden sparkle--totally subtle and just pretty.

Great for highlighter or great for a powder and a neutral day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2005 4:22:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Of course, I didn't need this (but, YES, I bought it anyway), especially because I have a bunch of similar powders/highlighters at home that I hardly ever use (Guerlain, Versace, Lancome etc.). Anyway, I wanted to have this one because it is quite a versatile, natural peachy-rose color (all of those other powders/highlighters are very fair, almost whitish pink and much more sparkling), it looks pretty natural & healthy on the face and it is not too shiny even in daytime. The powder is not drying (like the regular Chanel compact powder is for me) and I can use it instead of a loose powder - it is easier to take this one when I travel or to wear it in a purse for touch ups. I'm glad to have it but I will not stock it, it is not that faboulous.
Considering the packaging, I would like to see those LE powders in a different, more luxurious containers, not in a regular Chanel black ones, which become a bit boring to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2005 6:24:00 AM More reviews by makeupadorer

Very nice compact - adds glow and freshens during the day. It comes with a very handy brush which allows for perfect touch up application. I think it will last for ages but it is a LE so I may get another one to stock up. If you want a matt oil blotting powder then this is not for you, but it's perfect for those who like a dewy finish with a very subtle shimmer. Ten points to Chanel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2005 5:22:00 PM More reviews by aperfectegg

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First let me say that I NEVER want to run out of this! I am a GGG/hazel eyed lass and when I looked at this at the counter at Nordies -- I though no way -- this will be way too light and chalky -- but NO! It gives a heavenly aura and can actually be worn bare on the skin. I use it as a face finishing powder but imagine it could be used as a highlighter on the very fair or in many ways. This is the absolute best of the best! The Creme de la creme!