November 26, 2014 | 1726 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2014 2:19:00 AM More reviews by OrangeMintPop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I brought this at CCO- Cosmetic Company Outlet and I been on the search for this for a few years now. I heard that the older version that was released a few years ago is more pigmented. I brought this 3 weeks ago at Napa Valley CCO and I am so in love with this highlighter. It works as both a highlighter and a blush. On my NC 20 skin tone, it appears to be a light rosy sheen. This is also a good deal because I brought it for $22. Watch my video for a demo and review. Also do not use it with a dense brush as it would pick up too much product and make your face look like a disco ball. Use a stippling brush. I prefer the MAC 188 brush to apply and it gives me the perfect amount of my cheeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Shaunesyd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this product forever! It makes your skin look so healthy, and in the winter time even a little tan. There are subtle sparkles, but it's hardly noticeable. I actually think it makes you look even more radiant.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by makeuplovesme2

amazing product.... such a pretty color and a subtle frost finish... i am light medium and i use it as a blush as well as a highlighter... can be worn in day(ofc with a soft hand)..and night...
only problem was that it did emphasize my pores.. :(
other than that everything about it is pretty... wear time is also long enough ..i would say about 5-6 hrs..
definitely would buy again if ran out of it but that aint gonna happen, because i don't think anybody can finish this huge amount in one pan in a single lifetime...haha

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 9:51:00 AM More reviews by LarissaQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This highlighter is very pretty.
It gives a healthy glow on the skin, and it's not too shiny, so it can be easily used during the day.
I tried to use it just like blush, but my skin isn't so light.... So i Can't.
It's a little peach color, a little coral....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by katey1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

When I swatched this on my hand at my local counter I actually caught my breath it is so pretty!

I use it as a blush as I am fair - it doesn't quite work as a highlight for me, but will try again when summer comes. It's not just for nighttime - I wear it during the day (with a light hand) as well.

I find that though the colour doesn't last all day (5-6 hours on my combination skin), the shimmer does. There is no chunky glitter, just a lovely, glowing golden-peach on my fair skin.

You get so much in a pot, which is great, considering the 22 price tag is pretty hefty, and it will last me years. It's my first MAC MSF highlight, and I'm so impressed that I've ordered Lightscapade off the strength of reviews from MakeupAlley - I can't wait for it to arrive!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

I first got into makeup the year this was released for the first time in macs in the groove collection. It seemed like everyone was raving about it on youtube plus it was so so pretty. Sadly my local mac counter was sold out of it. I waited for a year or two for it to be re released so when it was I got it the day it was released. This is my absolutely favorite coral blush. It makes my fair NC20 skin glow. I have had it for a year and am not even close to running out. I will definitely repurchase for the rest of my life!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by TheHateress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I recently received my 'A Fantasy of Flowers' version of Stereo Rose and I am quite smitten. I don't own it from the previous releases and was hoping for a nice peach colored sheen, however I ordered it sight unseen from MAC's website, and received a lovely coral, pinkish shade with light gold veining.

I was really hoping to be able to use this as a blush, but instead have found on my NW50/55 skin a glow that is akin to what I had long wished NARS Orgasm to be. Applied with with a blush brush, and blended out it gives a beautiful lit-from-within glow, but does not deposit any perceptible color. On fairer skin, I imagine that your undertones will determine whether this reads pink or peach.

I applied it in a 'C' shape, from my temples down to my cheeks, and also to the inner corners of my eyes for a subtle appearance of brightness. The finish isn't sparkly, but it certainly is frosty and absolutely emphasizes pores. Wear time is about 6/7 hours.

I would definitely pick this up if you're looking for a nice highlighter/blush, and hope that if MAC opts to include this again in another collection, make it deeper. I paid $30 and would most certainly buy this again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by MarkeriaFace

IF YOU EVER ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO COME ACROSS THIS PRODUCT YOU WOULD BE A FOOL NOT TO PURCHASE IT! This has to be one if the most, if not the most versatile MSF I own. The one thing I love about it is that it works for EVERYONE. For more fair completions it's great as a blush, same for darker complexions and depending on how applied can be used as a highlight. This is definitely one of my most treasures Mac products ❤️

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by browneyessmiles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous, bright coral highlighter which I personally used more as a blush as it has the pigmentation for it. I have a light, warm/yellow-toned skin (MAC C2, Becca Camel, Nars TM Alaska) and this gave such a pretty pop of color on the cheeks. Unfortunately I dropped the pan and it completely shattered beyond repair. MAC has some great things but so many of them are limited edition - I wish they would make this and their other much-loved items permanent..

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by MsKrissyMakeup

I personally am a HUGE fan of the MAC MSFs. I was so excited when this came out with the Apres Chic collection because I didn't have anything like it in my collection. I also thought it would be great for a summer sun kissed look! When I received it I thought it was gorgeous in the packaging alone! It comes in the standard MAC MSF packaging. Being that it sold out so fast on the MAC website I purchased mine on the Nordstrom site where it also sold out quick. When I got it, it was my go to shade for blush/highlight. The MSFs are so versatile that they can be worn as shadow, blush, or highlight. Right away I received so many complements on my glowy skin when I wore it as a blush. I was super excited about this product, but about 5-6 hours through my day the product oxidized into my skin so bad that I just looked like an oily mess. I tried wearing it over a beauty powder also from MAC in the shade Shell Pearl and applied it very lightly almost just as a highlight and it lasted all day once I set it with a powder. This is what worked for me. I didn't want to let the product just sit and waste away I had to find what worked for me and my skin (I have combination skin) Overall I am satisfied with the MSF, not nearly as excited or happy about it as I was waiting to receive it. Wouldn't purchase again only because this is a product that will last me quite some time being that I don't wear it everyday! Hope this helps ladies!