November 20, 2014 | 1823 users online

Gels/Soaps - Mary Kay - Purifying Bar for Normal Combination and Oily skin

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2005 2:55:00 PM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Bar size is 4.2 oz, smells very strong like Ivory and other cheap/strong scented soaps, white in color, hard milled and comes with a case and small white tray inside the case so water can drain from bar. I got this bar in a swap but I heard its normal prices is around $17. The box says " safe for sensitive skin, 100% fragrances free, non comedogenic, removes makeup and impurities to leave skin feeling clean and refreshed. Removes excess oil and dirt that may contribute to clogged pores and blemishes."

*I felt this bar did live up to its claim* It produced a very nice lather and the case tray will make the bar last forever and not become soft. My very oily acne/blackhead prone back and chest felt very clean and "purified" like all of the sweat, dirt, and oil from the humid day were completely gone yet my skin was soft but not coated with any left over product. The strong soapy scent was annoying but once I dried off it was gone. I use this from the neck down and I am very satisfied with how my skin looks and feels- no scales or residue, just clean looking and feeling skin. One thing I noticed with this soap for oily skin that was unlike other soaps is I was not left with a tight dry feeling anywhere on my body. Even other soaps that help clear up blemishes will dry them out leaving them flakey but this just deep cleaned my skin perfectly. Unlike other soaps my skin was not stripped of all moisture then 4 hours later a big oil slick. I did not feel the need to moisturize my back or arms like I do with other soaps I I would definately buy this bar (on ebay because its discontinued) and shell out the full prize because its worth it to have blemish free yet moisturized body. This bar also has very few ingredients which I love! Ingredients are: Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Water, Quaternium-26, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Eucalyptus Oil.