FingerPaints FingerPaints

4.1

on 7/8/2015 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I decided to be girly and paint my nails with this fabulous pinky polish named Brushstroke Blush. What began as "me time" ended with me calling my boyfriend, exclaiming how much I hate being girl at times! The polish is goopy, yet runny and the brush just intensifies the problem by creating a streaky mess.

In order to salvage the rest of my femininity, I added nail polish thinner as prescribed by the directions on the back of the bottle. "Add a few drops to polish" quickly became add a huge squirt of the stuff. Finally, the polish achieved a better consistency and I no longer possess the look as if I'm a kindergartner with no boundary control.

Now that I know what I know, I will probably only buy again if the stuff is on sale and/or the color rocks.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I'm surprised by some of the lower ratings. I found this particular polish- (a drugstore nail polish no less) long-wearing, and reasonably priced.

I purchased this particular nail polish at a local Sally's. They were having a sale, and I chose the colour: " Crystalline Crush" for 99 cents. I would describe this colour as a beautiful cool toned champagne with chunky chrome glitter and part of the "Shredded Chrome Collection". What I loved about this particular nail polish is that although it's a "chunky glitter". It glides on smoothly, and takes approximate a minute, to dry. I used the RubyKisses base and top coats ( which are drugstore brands), and so far I am on my third day with no chips.

I can honestly say that I haven't had a problem with this polish. The irony is that "salon brands" such as OPI, Essie, etc. tend to be gooey, takes a long time to dry, chips withing a few hours, and aren't particularly "cheap" or "good quality" in my opinion. I don't judge a nail polish by their brand, as this was kind of a spontaneous purchase, but I can tell you that this is a winner in my book.

on 9/3/2014 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Decent polish for a decent price, and they have some really nice colours. With a good base and top coat, it doesn't generally chip. Absolutely love Palette of Perfection (a red with gold pigment) and Go Baroque (a sparkly, metallic, iridescent light gold and pink). Doesn't generally take more than one coat, even with light colours. The downside is that it's thick and sort of goopy, and the brush tends to be a bit streaky.

Avoid their matte colours, however; I bought two bottle of their new Film Noir collection (Petal Obsession and Beautiful Mystery). Love, love, love the colours, but they're an absolute pain to apply and get an even coat with. They also peel off in a very odd way, and they seriously do not dry very well, staying sticky for over an hour even with a Seche Vite top coat (which has successfully dried every other polish I own within two minutes, and about twenty with very thick coats). I was going to do a french tip with Petal Obsession and Go Baroque, but even after letting Petal Obsession dry for over an hour, my Orly French Tip guides ended up pulling the polish off. So I tried it again, using my SV top coat, but my top coat just wouldn't dry over the polish and it was a mess. Took it off and did a different colour, and will be returning those ones to the store. It may have been a defective batch; I'm not certain. But I do work at a beauty supply store, and that collection just wasn't selling; I think I know why.

on 2/17/2014 10:17:00 AM

URGH! This polish frustrates me so much. First off, the packaging - I've had three colors from this line and ALL OF THEM had the same packaging design flaw. You have to be the Incredible Hulk to unscrew them!!!

Second, the formulation - very goopy and runny at the same time. I like a thicker formula if it stays put, but this one is odd. It's thick and runs/bleeds.

The pigmentation is amazing, almost all of the shades can be worn with one coat, but I just can't get past the gloopy formula.

I'm really disappointed with these and will not repurchase any more.

on 8/6/2013 10:41:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really want to like this brand. I really do. The colors I've seen are absolutely gorgeous, and the ones that I bought are really easy to apply and don't require many coats. The polish also dries very fast, which is good for impatient people like me.
The problems start about a day later, when it starts chipping. Sometimes it doesn't even take a full 24 hours! Even with a good Essie base coat and SV top coat, it chips like crazy!
This isn't specific to one or two colors, since I bought a bunch at once at Sally's (they were having a pretty good sale, and the polish itself is pretty cheap) and have since tested them all out, having the same exact problem with them all.
I wouldn't recommend this brand unless you're ok with touching your nails up every few hours.

on 1/19/2013 12:31:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I got this nail polish for free at Sally's, the color "laugh my art off" which is a very sparkly blue. It took a lot of coats to get the preferred color but it looks just like the bottle. So far it hasn't chipped or worn.

on 12/27/2012 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Like other reviewers here, I found this product at Sally Beauty Supply for fairly cheap. Thankfully I only bought one bottle (Signed in Wine), because it chipped the NEXT DAY, even with my Seche Vite base/top coat. I'm sure the problem is the nail polish quality. I really like the color, but it's worthless if I've got to re-paint or touch up my nails everyday.

on 6/9/2012 7:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've seen the FingerPaints brand at Sally's but never bothered buying any, the colors were ok probably because I already have a nail polish collection and the colors on display seemed too familiar. BUT, I was weak last time while at Sally's and bought one FP bottle on sale and got second free. The dark indigo blue "Art You Blue?" and a nice warm chocolate "It Baroque". The indigo blue is nice as is but I loved it even better when I applied a layer of matte top coat. The brown color **reminds** a lot of Quo "Coffee and Cream" and OPI Suzi Loves Cowboys.
I'm not sure yet if I would use my FP picks too often as they are "ok" colors, I bought them because I wanted to try the brand and I was really happy with application: 2 coats creamer, dried fast, the everage wear power 4-5 days with mild chipping. Nothing over the top but NOT disappointing at all. : )

Bottom line: if OR when FP brand releases some unusual colors in the market I probably would buy them.

on 5/15/2012 6:02:00 PM

i have only tried black and i LOVE this color. i will be buying more when i have the $$ for it. it dries in like 45 seconds and with orly won't chip as a top coat (2) times, it dries in under 5 min. mind you this is on artificial nails. but with a 4yr old and a 2 yr old i dont mind painting this on their nails. it dries so quickly. and it looks great and shiny.

on 4/27/2012 2:57:00 AM

FingerPaints are by far my favorite nail polishes!

I love the color selection, and the packaging is nice. The brushes are always good and apply nicely. The polishes usually are perfect as far as being exactly the right thickness, one coat usually does it, two coats are more than enough. I always make a beeline to these polishes at Sally's!

Popular Polishes