September 2, 2014 | 1207 users online

Polishes - FingerPaints - FingerPaints

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

URGH! This polish frustrates me so much. First off, the packaging - I've had three colors from this line and ALL OF THEM had the same packaging design flaw. You have to be the Incredible Hulk to unscrew them!!!

Second, the formulation - very goopy and runny at the same time. I like a thicker formula if it stays put, but this one is odd. It's thick and runs/bleeds.

The pigmentation is amazing, almost all of the shades can be worn with one coat, but I just can't get past the gloopy formula.

I'm really disappointed with these and will not repurchase any more.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Rahrl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really want to like this brand. I really do. The colors I've seen are absolutely gorgeous, and the ones that I bought are really easy to apply and don't require many coats. The polish also dries very fast, which is good for impatient people like me.
The problems start about a day later, when it starts chipping. Sometimes it doesn't even take a full 24 hours! Even with a good Essie base coat and SV top coat, it chips like crazy!
This isn't specific to one or two colors, since I bought a bunch at once at Sally's (they were having a pretty good sale, and the polish itself is pretty cheap) and have since tested them all out, having the same exact problem with them all.
I wouldn't recommend this brand unless you're ok with touching your nails up every few hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Healsforhugs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this nail polish for free at Sally's, the color "laugh my art off" which is a very sparkly blue. It took a lot of coats to get the preferred color but it looks just like the bottle. So far it hasn't chipped or worn.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by DisaChantel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like other reviewers here, I found this product at Sally Beauty Supply for fairly cheap. Thankfully I only bought one bottle (Signed in Wine), because it chipped the NEXT DAY, even with my Seche Vite base/top coat. I'm sure the problem is the nail polish quality. I really like the color, but it's worthless if I've got to re-paint or touch up my nails everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by d1d1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've seen the FingerPaints brand at Sally's but never bothered buying any, the colors were ok probably because I already have a nail polish collection and the colors on display seemed too familiar. BUT, I was weak last time while at Sally's and bought one FP bottle on sale and got second free. The dark indigo blue "Art You Blue?" and a nice warm chocolate "It Baroque". The indigo blue is nice as is but I loved it even better when I applied a layer of matte top coat. The brown color **reminds** a lot of Quo "Coffee and Cream" and OPI Suzi Loves Cowboys.
I'm not sure yet if I would use my FP picks too often as they are "ok" colors, I bought them because I wanted to try the brand and I was really happy with application: 2 coats creamer, dried fast, the everage wear power 4-5 days with mild chipping. Nothing over the top but NOT disappointing at all. : )

Bottom line: if OR when FP brand releases some unusual colors in the market I probably would buy them.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by gfunkymonkey

i have only tried black and i LOVE this color. i will be buying more when i have the $$ for it. it dries in like 45 seconds and with orly won't chip as a top coat (2) times, it dries in under 5 min. mind you this is on artificial nails. but with a 4yr old and a 2 yr old i dont mind painting this on their nails. it dries so quickly. and it looks great and shiny.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 2:57:00 AM More reviews by limelipgloss

FingerPaints are by far my favorite nail polishes!

I love the color selection, and the packaging is nice. The brushes are always good and apply nicely. The polishes usually are perfect as far as being exactly the right thickness, one coat usually does it, two coats are more than enough. I always make a beeline to these polishes at Sally's!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Beautifulbride6807

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this nail polish! The one I own is in Gossamer White. It was free at Sally's Beauty with the purchase of two ion brilliance hair colors. So, I tried it today and the color is lovely! It is a nude pink. It is very forgiving. I do not apply nail polish well, applied about 3 coats, yet it still looks smooth and beautiful. This is my new favorite nail color. The best part is that I got it for free! :)
Edit: This nail color does not last very long at all! Be sure to have a great top coat with it. It chips like nobody's business!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by gumpergirl

I can't say enough great things about FingerPaints nail polish!!! It is without a doubt the greatest polish I have ever used (and believe me I've tried everything from OPI to China Glaze to Essie). I only wear dark colored nail polish, so chipping is a huge issue for me because I used to constantly have to redo my nails! Not anymore! I use a base coat (Rock-Hard), one coat of polish, and a top coat (Rock-top coat). I went over two weeks without chipping even the slightest bit! I could have gone longer, but I really wanted to try another color. The only complaint I do have is that the formula for Black Expressionism was pretty thick the first time I used it. I squeezed in a little polish thinner, and problem solved! Also, the price is awesome when compared to OPI. I really can't tell you how nice it is to have to change polishes either for a color change or because of growth! The only time I've been able to do that is with gel polish. I haven't really had a chance to look at all of the colors, but I know there are quite a few (with super cute names if you're in to that sort of thing). Overall, I really recommend trying this polish out. I'm not sure how it is without a base/top coast, but with those, this stuff is the bomb!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by LAsCene

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was at Sally's and never heard of this brand and decided to give it a try. I'm SO IMPRESSED! Doesn't chip and is VERY long lasting. I did put on a base coat (CND stickey) and top coat (Seche Vite) It's been almost a month and still looking good. Move over OPI this Finger Paints could have something on you.