April 20, 2014 | 1741 users online

Palettes - BeneFit Cosmetics - Nice Ride

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2005 5:48:00 PM More reviews by tadpoleSYR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

lately, my goal has been to branch out from my usual go-to brands (nars, ga, stila, and mac) and try new things. benefit, with their cute names, equally cute packaging, and innovative products, caught my attention. i immediately gravitated towards the roadside collection palettes when they first came out. i decided to pass up on the two eyeshadow sets because i already had shades similar to the ones being offered (both sets contained neutral brown and beige shadows), so i decided to buy one of the lip cream trios instead. i chose this one because the other one ('ex's make great speedbumps') seemed too matte for my tastes.so how did my little test trial run fare? let's just say i bought it yesterday and i just got back from my trip to sephora beacuse i had to return it. the colors looked lovely, but they didn't translate itself onto my lips as well as i had hoped. the berry/wine shade was the only one that showed up on me...barely. my lips aren't even that pigmented! the other two shades (a pale nude and a golden, frosted babydoll pink) either didn't show up on me at all or made me look like i was on the verge of vomitting. to top it all off, it had a nasty plastic-like aftertaste that lingered even after i wiped it off my lips. the price wasn't bad ($20), but it wasn't worth keeping either. this less than pleasant experience is making me less apt to want to try other benefit products. continued >>