October 1, 2014 | 1247 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Morning Burst Exfoliating Scrub

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by HausOfCanvas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product sucks if you are looking for a good exfoliant. It would be better used as a facial cleanser as it does not actually remove build up or dry flakes...I would not suggest this product to anyone or buy it for $1

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Fruitable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My only gripe is that it doesn't take off all of the flakes, but in terms of a daily scrub, this works very well. Since I've started using it, I don't get those weird almost-pimples every day anymore.

First week: my skin looked stunning after two scrubs. Glowing. Then I broke out on my forehead and on my cheek (ok, like three pimples). This may have been the stress.
Second week: Continued routine. I did squeeze out my pimples, but Neosporin took care of scars. Redness did seem to die down.
Third week: Lots of dryness, but no more pimples. Pigmentation is nuts, but my cheeks have never looked any better!
1 month: even skin, with barely any flakes. NO PIMPLES. This may be the first time EVER.

Okay, it took a while, and I'm a hormonal teenager, but I think this has totally helped.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by manamana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this a while back and never re-purchased it. For starters, I have to say..I have yet to ever re-purchase a scrub because they seem to last me forever (I generally use them once a week).

I enjoyed the citrus y scent of this product and thought it was appropriate to associate it was the words 'morning burst'. However, I felt that the exfoliating beads may have been a bit too harsh; esp. since I was told several times that an exfoliate should be gentle.

It's really not terrible, but I would rather use something a lot more gentle.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by sparklykitty12345

Breaks me out every time I use it, and I've tried this on several occasions to make sure it was this scrub, and it definitely is. I don't really like the smell either, it smells bad. Also, the design of the packaging makes it really easy to squeeze too much out of the tube. Nothing good to say about this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2011 1:12:00 AM More reviews by gitsNshiggles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I heard so many good things about this cleanser, from reviews but I guess my skin is too sensitive to it or I'm allergic to an ingredient in or something because it made me breakout like mad. It was so disappointing!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by ceriseangel2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This works pretty well. It doesn't exfoliate as much as I expected but it smells pretty good and controls my breakouts but can be over-drying for the skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by lilbunnie

I once had the cleanser only version of this, and decided 2 weeks ago to get this one with scrubbing beads. What I don't like is that when i use it there's way too much coming out of and I already went through the bottle in just 2 weeks! I don't think it's that good to exfoliate daily, and I think i'll just go back to the non exfoliating one, lasts for at least 6-7 weeks + my boyfriend liked it too.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by DRag0ness

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My sister actually purchased this a long time ago. I usually use a St.Ives Olive Scrub which I love so much but I decided to try this one morning. At first I didn't think it was so bad, it exfoliated, wasn't very gentle, smelled nice and I guess I didn't think it was that bad. I used it a second time today and I don't if the beads are sharp or something but while I was using it a part of my nose started to burn and one of the beads had cut me. Like this wakes me up in the morning but it's not very gentle as I am used to using gentle exfoliaters but when it cut me I was pretty upset with that. In all, I think it depends on personal prefernce but overall I wouldn't really recommend this and I'm going to stick to my St.Ives scrub.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by genesis81

I don't use this stuff on an everyday basis but I really like it when I feel like my face needs a new scrub. Using it regularly would probably dry out my face way too much.
My husband loves it, he uses it every morning in the shower. The price is really cheap so we will continue to buy it. I would say we have been using it for at least 2 years now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Smells good.

CONS: The granules are a bit too harsh for my teen's face.

ALTERNATES: Alba Botanica Natural Acne Dote cleanser or some name like that is helpful for one of my teens. The other needs to use Paula's Choice CLEAR cleanser and toner/exfoliator for beautiful results. AND We like to use Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer to keep flakes away.