Sonoma Scent Studio Ambre et Encens

3.7

Not tested on animals

on 2/1/2013 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I find this similar to POTL, and I see I'm not the only reviewer who thinks so. It's drier and less sweet.

on 6/17/2006 12:13:00 AM

I *knew* I liked amber - just couldn't find the right blend. I love this. Rich amber, sweet, but not too sweet. Blended perfectly with the vanilla, incense and spices. This is everything I've wanted in a fragrance. Warm and woodsy, slightly spicey, with the vanilla and amber providing just enough sweeteness. And definitely fbw.

on 6/9/2006 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

While I love SSS Ambre Bois and SSS Incense, Ambre et Encens had something
different going on with it, a higher sharper note that was loosely
akin to lavender is the best way I can describe it, that stuck out
and kept distracting my attention. Not what I was expecting, and didn't
quite work for me.

on 2/17/2006 11:12:00 AM

Dry, resinous amber sweetened by vanilla and some spice. Very lovely and reminiscent of the rich amber in POTL and Ambra del Nepal. The notes are well balanced, and the blend is neither too dry, too sweet, nor too ambery. One of few amber-dominated fragrances I truly enjoy.

on 1/27/2006 6:23:00 PM

Very happy with this - I thought I wanted to order her dupe of Ambra di Nepal, so when I opened the box (very fast shipping) I was disappointed and was going to return it and try again. However, after I sprayed a little - this is lovely. Toes the line ever so carefully between incense and smokiness - just enough vanilla to keep it lightly sweet but does not become like pipe tobacco nor it is gourmand. The amber note is adding smoothness and weight to the fragrance. Lasting power is awesome, nine hours and it is still there, but it is light and diffusive enough that it hasnt become boring or weighty. I have problems with some ambers (headache) and while I like incense fragrances, many of them tend to bring me down with their gray weight. It is my obsession with finding the right one, that leads me to keep trying. This one is not at all depressive or heavy or morose. It is the smell of golden light thru a stained glass window. Something slightly earthy to it, too. In color is ranges from caramel to chestnut brown. In sound it is leaves crunching underfoot.

on 9/19/2005 9:57:00 PM

Very sweet, creamy, and the Amber of the very very resinous kind. This one would smell terrific in cold weather. unfortunately it's too thick and strong for Miami weather otherwise a keeper!

on 8/7/2005 1:36:00 PM

Laurie was so gracious to send me a sample when the site just did not work for me, she sent several samples and I loved this one and am ordering the one ounce, interesting fragrance, and different again for floral me, love when someone mentions a new one I like and is affordable, am buying the one ounce, fantastic customer service and emails, what a nice site, will write more when I get the whole bottle but loved the sample
Have the one ounce bottle and love this fragrance, it is easy to wear and not expensive, very nice cs and would shop there again, many samples, and so nice, great prices

Popular Fragrances