MAC Cultured

4.4

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Absolutely my holy grail lipgloss. Gorgeous cool pink with just a dash of shimmer/sparkle but looks natural and polished and fresh. Pretty much the only gloss I use every single day.

on 3/1/2015 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I would definitely buy this again! I really like this lip gloss. It gives me a pop I had been looking for. It looks good with or without lipstick or liner. It's perfect for everyday use or for when you want to feel glamorous. I initially bought it to go with MAC Snob lipstick. It looked good, but I liked cultured better.

on 8/22/2014 12:28:00 PM

Every review I read about Cultured that made me want to buy it said, "pretty cool pink that has a lilac / lavender tone to it". Well, on me it was a pretty pink that was skewing a touch warm (even the MAC MUA confirmed it was skewing warm on me)! The color is fine, not quite as warm toned as Nymphette, but nice mid toned pink. I saw no lilac or anything. I honestly want to rate this lower than average. But lot's of people seem to love it. And I just happen to pull out warm in anything that will have an iota of it. I am NW20, almost black hair, brown eyes, deep soft winter. If you an NC, or darker toned, I think you will love it. But it was NOT the "pretty cool pink that has a lilac undertone" lipglass I wanted that everyone described. In fact, if you google images of this there is a pic of a girl who has hair, eyes, and level of paleness as me, but she skews more yellow toned than me. This looks like a mauve with a slight lavender tone to it on her. On me, it did nothing...but that picture and the one review below about how her husband said, "you look great" are what made me want to try this shade so bad. Alas, I guess you never know for sure until you try it.

on 5/26/2013 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

It's so hard for me to find the right lip gloss. I received cultured as a gift and almost returned it because I really dislike how stick mac lip glosses are and pink is not my thing. Well cultured had become my favorite lipgloss (I don't wear lipstick). I have some tricks that help make cultured perfect: I first exfoliate my lips with the lush lip scrub. I then apply some rosebud lip salve and line and fill my lips with too faced perfect lips lip liner over that. Then I apply cultured lipgloss and bam perfect sheer pink pouty lips that aren't too shiny or sticky or opaque. Perfect!

on 10/5/2012 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Discovered Cultured about 2 years ago & have been hooked ever since. Has a pale pink w/a hint of pastel sheer purple. Its a soft color for everyday wear. Like to wear it alone or on top of Chintz or Up the Amp. My hair sometimes will stick to the gloss but it smells good & usually lasts until you eat a meal.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This was the first ever lipglass that i got from mac. I wear this everyday day. I love it so much. I finished my first one already and i am gonna buy it again. It has such a nice pink natural colour. It feels so soft on your lips and it is not sticky. It has great pigmentation. I recommend it for a beginner in makeup or someone who likes lipgloss.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I cannot stress enough how much I love this lipgloss. It's not too pricey, can be returned (in sixes!) for more, it's just the right thickness to stay put, it smells sweet but not sickening, and it's SUCH a pretty color! I'm pale and very particular about my lip colors, but I think I could live a very happy life with only Cultured and VGVI if I had to. This is a creamy, minimally shimmery pale pink that is great for everyday wear. It borders on Barbie pink when applied heavily, but what the heck, my coloring is similar to Barbie's. :)

Great colour (LOL, I say this for all my MAC reviews), especially in summer. I find the shade goes really well with my colouring. Stays on long too, which is a plus ; the minus however, as other MUA reviewers mentioned is that it is quite sticky but I wear a clear lipbalm underneath to prevent the cakey/sticky effect.

on 4/2/2012 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I like this color and use it mainly in the spring and summer. It has subtle gold shimmer which looks nice with my coloring, I am a very pale redhead. However, it is a little sticky and I would have given it a 5 if it lasted longer on my lips.

on 2/19/2012 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I was actually very surprised at how much I liked this lip glass. I purchased before consulting MUA first (shocker!) It's the perfect pink for WOC without being chalky or ashy. I would definitely recommend this!

Recommended for Medium Skin