August 20, 2014 | 1819 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Graphite Shimmer Ink

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by furiana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this product for tightlining. It's fairly dry, which is fine for push eyeliner brushes, and the color is perfect for someone on whom black is too stark. The tightlining lasts all day. The price is steep, but I have a chocolate shimmer eye liner from a year ago that's still good. This one should last forever too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by salady28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Ever since I got given this by my sister-in-law a few years back and I've been addicted to it. I love the slight shimmer it gives but it is still black enough to look chic.
The formula is much dryer than the MAC eyeliner gels, so for those of you who prefer a slightly wetter formula this probably won't tickle your fancy much. But for me, after trying a friend's MAC eyeliner gel I still liked my Bobbi Brown one. Because it is a much dryer formula you need to melt it a little on your hands to fully work with its potential.
I use this when I want a long-lasting, more out-there look.
It's staying power is amazing, I wear contacts quite often so I use eye drops a lot. But these just don't smudge which is awesome. Because of that you have to use eye and lip make-up remover, which is fine by me coz that's what I always use anyways.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2013 8:12:00 AM More reviews by mecepeda

Having worn this for years, I can say with certainty that this is simply the best grey eyeliner I have yet to find, regardless of formula. I love Bobbi Brown's long-wearing gel eyeliners in general, and would rank graphite shimmer a close second to my all-time (and sadly discontinued) favorite, bronze shimmer. Like all of BB's gel liners, the formula for graphite shimmer is amazing; it dries quickly upon application (but not so much so that you can't correct mistakes), stays put through all kinds of weather, and is smooth enough to draw beautiful, precise lines. If you think that you are hopeless at liquid liner, please try this product before giving up entirely - it's that good. As for the color, it's a beautiful deep charcoal grey with just enough shimmer to softly flatter but still be appropriate for all ages and settings. I have applied this with both the MAC eyeliner brush and Bobbi Brown's eyeliner brush....while both are good, Bobbi Brown's allows for a cleaner line with less effort. The final bonus: I see no signs of this gel liner drying out. As long as you keep it tightly capped it lasts for a very long time. Overall, this product is definitely worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by flixbix

Color's great. Stays on in the winter. My sweaty oily lids can't keep this on in the summer. I don't mind the drying out because I think it helps me with precision. Love the color. I feel like the MAC fluidlines are harder to maneuver because they spread too easily (more like using liquid liner)--but those are my favorite for the summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2011 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Verondear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hear lots of good reviews about Bobbie Brown gel eyeliner for oily lids. I have oily, hooded lids and purchased this product with high hopes. The eyeliner doesn't stay put as everybody us raving. The color is graphite but turns out to be dark bluish when applied on my eyelids. It also transfers to my upper lids after a few hours. I'm sure it is because of the condition of lids but am not a big fan. Maybe the black caviar ink would look better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by GlamDiva

I like the Granite color, softer than black. But the product dried out
very quickly despite sealing it snugly - all gel eyeliners have this problem.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by arielicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This cost about $40++ where i'm at. And it's pretty pricey since there are many copies of gel eyeliners out there. Staying power is decent. Smudges on my oily lids after a couple hours.. say.. 3-4hrs? Nice colour though. Won't repuchase as i'll be looking out for an eyeliner that works better on my oily lids.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

I already have Espresso so I knew I would like the formula. BB gel liners are HG for me as they go on easily with the ultra fine e/l brush and last all day and through workouts. I was debating between this and Caviar Ink because I wanted a deeper color for the winged cat eye/nude e/s look. While Graphite Shimmer is pretty and different because of the slight shimmer, it didn't give me the depth in color and oompf that I was looking for. It gives a soft smokey look that is pretty, but again, not the look I was going for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by mcalcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good product. The color is pretty and it has a good staying power. I took a lippie because the color is not as intense as I would like it to be. I wanted a dark color that wasn't black but that could show up nicely and enhance my eye color, but it looks a little "blah".
Anyway, maybe in someone with light colored eyes it could look better. My eyes are dark brown, almost black. Anyway, it's a good product and it doesn't dry as much as MAC Fluidline in my experience.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by cancerofthepuppy

I LOVE Bobbi Brown gel liners however this one is way different for me, I'm not sure if I got a "bad" one or what but the color is beautiful, it looks just like a graphite pencil would look like, dark gray with shimmer. But this did two things my other two gel liners didn't do which is 1) it runs like crazy, my other two Bobbi Brown gel liners stay put, no running or smudging at all, this runs every single time I wear it 2) it dried out insanely fast. I would definitely not repurchase this again.