Bobbi Brown Gel eyeliner in Chocolate Shimmer

4.5

BOBBI BROWN LONG-WEAR GEL EYELINER INGREDIENTS (2010): isododecane - cyclopentasiloxane - polyethylene - trimethylsiloxysilicate - disteardimonium hectorite - propylene carbonate - lecithin - phenyl trimethicone - hydrogenated polyisobutene - methicone - barium sulfate - bht - phenoxyethanol [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) - mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - carmine (ci 75470) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)]

on 6/27/2015 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Why did I wait so long to try this gel liner? I had been faithful to black liquid liner for ages when I decided to go for a softer liner look but I didn't want to use pencil as it fades by mid day on my oily lids.
I decided to try the Chocolate Shimmer gel liner as the colour was dark enough to show up on my lids but doesn't look as harsh as liquid liner and the shimmer isn't too obvious.

This liner stays put from the time I apply it in the morning to the time I remove my makeup in the evening. The formula is a bit on the dry side compared to other gel liners (MAC and Clinique gel liners are more moist in texure) but it's still creamy enough to glide on my lids without pulling or tugging.

I use this liner every day and I know I'll finish it off to the last bit and yes, I'll be repurchasing another one.

on 3/3/2015 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I BOW TO THIS PRODUCT! I think that says it all! The colour, the consistency makes every other gel eyeliner seem like a joke. This is the BEST of them all, the queen of them all! The colour, chocolate shimmer, is PERFECT, the lasting power is UNBEATABLE, the packaging is BEAUTIFUL. I have nothing bad to say about it! Just well done Bobbi Brown and thank you for making such masterpieces available to us!

on 10/11/2013 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is my first BB gel eyeliner that I finally purchased after hearing so many good things about it for years. Chocolate Shimmer is so beautiful and exactly what I wanted because it is something different than the typical dark brown or black. What I love about this color is the way it shimmers in the sunlight and the color really brings out my green eyes. The lasting power is fantastic and it stays put during a very long work day no matter how hot and humid it is. It is the only gel liner that hasn't transferred at all, not even a little bit.
Unfortunately, I won't be buying it again. The reason is that it dries up too fast. I am not sure if the shimmer somehow causes it to dry up faster because this is the only one I have but it is very annoying. During the first month or so of using this liner, it went on so nicely and now when I apply it, it drags across the lid and I have to re-coat the brush a few times to get enough product. This shouldn't happen with a $25 liner. I have heard so many people talk about how amazing this liner is and it was for about a month but it can't be amazing if it dries up after month one with 80% product left in the jar. All in all, the BB gel liner is better than Lancome which dries up even faster and the staying power is better than anything from the drugstore but I will be trying the Clinque cream liner next and continue my search for the perfect gel liner!

on 2/25/2013 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This liner gives me raccoon eyes within two hours no matter what I do: prep eyes, less product, set with powder, etc. Disappointing.

on 11/13/2012 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I had Bobbi Brown's Sepia Ink for years until it finally dried out. Needed another basic brown eyeliner for day. Reading that this one has a bit of shimmer, I thought it would add a little "something different" (it's so boring just buying brown eyeliner!) I bought this online and was worried it would be TOO shimmery, but needn't have. It's very subtle and suitable for work for my nearly-50 eyes. I have green eyes, and it highlights them nicely, but I think it would look *spectacular* on blue eyes. The brown is neutral--neither too warm nor too cool--and "chocolate" exactly as described. Lasts and lasts--at least on the top lid. As I get older I find that nothing stays on the lower lashline without migrating into my fine lines (boo). Packaging--solid, tasteful, classy like all BB stuff. Overall, a strong winner.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this color! I've got dark brown eyes, NC20/25 black hair/asian. This is just a really natural looking,subtle eyeliner.My only con is that it doesn't last as long as I would like. It tends to fade before I finish the day at work.

on 2/11/2012 1:37:00 PM

The best ever - the color is really pretty and it has amazing staying power (all day and night). One little pot also lasts forever - although after a while it does start drying out which makes it a little more difficult to apply but it still stays on. I will never use another liner. The price is totally worth it.

on 1/5/2012 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to love this because I was hoping I would be able to notice some shimmer in it but after applying, it looked like a basic brown gel liner. I would highly recommend trying Maybelline's Eye Studio Lasting Drama gel liner in brown instead of this. It is longwearing, smudge proof and much less expensive! The packaging is also very similar as well.

on 10/28/2011 7:10:00 PM

Blackened brown base with bronzey-red shimmers. Texture is a bit harder than my older BB gel liner, not sure why. I use this for warm/neutral looks and Black Mauve Shimmer for cool/neutral looks. Love.

on 6/15/2011 4:36:00 PM

Went into Nordstrom with the intention of buying the Caviar gel eyeliner. I have black hair with graying streaks, medium brown eyes.
Was steered towards the chocolate shimmer and I must admit that the chocolate shimmer is perfect. Although this eyeliner is a little on the pricey side, the fact that it stays on until removed with eye makeup remover makes it worth every penny.