July 28, 2014 | 2032 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Gel eyeliner in Chocolate Shimmer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by amstoica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first BB gel eyeliner that I finally purchased after hearing so many good things about it for years. Chocolate Shimmer is so beautiful and exactly what I wanted because it is something different than the typical dark brown or black. What I love about this color is the way it shimmers in the sunlight and the color really brings out my green eyes. The lasting power is fantastic and it stays put during a very long work day no matter how hot and humid it is. It is the only gel liner that hasn't transferred at all, not even a little bit.
Unfortunately, I won't be buying it again. The reason is that it dries up too fast. I am not sure if the shimmer somehow causes it to dry up faster because this is the only one I have but it is very annoying. During the first month or so of using this liner, it went on so nicely and now when I apply it, it drags across the lid and I have to re-coat the brush a few times to get enough product. This shouldn't happen with a $25 liner. I have heard so many people talk about how amazing this liner is and it was for about a month but it can't be amazing if it dries up after month one with 80% product left in the jar. All in all, the BB gel liner is better than Lancome which dries up even faster and the staying power is better than anything from the drugstore but I will be trying the Clinque cream liner next and continue my search for the perfect gel liner!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by furiana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This liner gives me raccoon eyes within two hours no matter what I do: prep eyes, less product, set with powder, etc. Disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had Bobbi Brown's Sepia Ink for years until it finally dried out. Needed another basic brown eyeliner for day. Reading that this one has a bit of shimmer, I thought it would add a little "something different" (it's so boring just buying brown eyeliner!) I bought this online and was worried it would be TOO shimmery, but needn't have. It's very subtle and suitable for work for my nearly-50 eyes. I have green eyes, and it highlights them nicely, but I think it would look *spectacular* on blue eyes. The brown is neutral--neither too warm nor too cool--and "chocolate" exactly as described. Lasts and lasts--at least on the top lid. As I get older I find that nothing stays on the lower lashline without migrating into my fine lines (boo). Packaging--solid, tasteful, classy like all BB stuff. Overall, a strong winner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I love this color! I've got dark brown eyes, NC20/25 black hair/asian. This is just a really natural looking,subtle eyeliner.My only con is that it doesn't last as long as I would like. It tends to fade before I finish the day at work.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by neverecho

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best ever - the color is really pretty and it has amazing staying power (all day and night). One little pot also lasts forever - although after a while it does start drying out which makes it a little more difficult to apply but it still stays on. I will never use another liner. The price is totally worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

I really wanted to love this because I was hoping I would be able to notice some shimmer in it but after applying, it looked like a basic brown gel liner. I would highly recommend trying Maybelline's Eye Studio Lasting Drama gel liner in brown instead of this. It is longwearing, smudge proof and much less expensive! The packaging is also very similar as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Catttt

Blackened brown base with bronzey-red shimmers. Texture is a bit harder than my older BB gel liner, not sure why. I use this for warm/neutral looks and Black Mauve Shimmer for cool/neutral looks. Love.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Samantita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Went into Nordstrom with the intention of buying the Caviar gel eyeliner. I have black hair with graying streaks, medium brown eyes.
Was steered towards the chocolate shimmer and I must admit that the chocolate shimmer is perfect. Although this eyeliner is a little on the pricey side, the fact that it stays on until removed with eye makeup remover makes it worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by lovesyndrome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love. I was so impressed with this product. Normally, I do not wear eyeliner at all because I just cannot get it to work for me. I need a super thin line because there is very little space between the fold of my eye and my lashline. Any line that is too thick or too dark just makes me look odd. I've tried pencil, I've tried liquid, but I've never tried gel liner, and I just love this one. It is the easiest to apply (I use Sephora's Professionnel Angled Liner/Eyeliner Brush #15 which makes a perfect thin line which I can get right next to my lashline) and the color is great. Much softer than a black but still dramatic enough. Also, staying power is great! Lasted all day long, even throughout my sweaty martial arts workout! HG.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Bchow1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a dark shimmery chocolate brown gel e/l. I wear dark green contacts and this color does some amazing things to my eyes. This is my second most used gel liner (1st is my HG MAC Nightfish FL) and have gone through about 1/2 the jar already in less than a year. This has even passed my cry test too! It stayed put when I was upset! Yay! Its not as creamy I find as some of my Fluidlines though but it works just as well, maybe even better! Would definitely rebuy this when it is finished.