September 21, 2014 | 1071 users online

Styling Products - Alberto Vo5 - Red Styling Mousse - Curvaceous Curls

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by NatalieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Why, oh why, do I fall in love with discontinued products? I just picked a can of this up at my local store that sells discontinued/old packaging products. Having curly hair, I have an extensive arsenal of products and sometimes feel like a bartender in the morning, whipping up a mixture of anywhere from 2-4 products depending on the weather. What a pain curly hair can be! But I digress. I figured this was just $2.49, so took a chance. I didn't like it the first few times I used it, as it seemed to have little hold and frizz-fighting power. But I kept with it, and hit paydirt when I used about 2 very big handfuls of mousse. When my hair is dry, I just crunch it very gently it to break the cast. Then my hair stays gorgeous and virtually frizz-free until the evening. I checked the Alberto V05 website and this is indeed discontinued. I have to go load up on this stuff!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 2:25:00 AM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the price of this styling mousse! Under 4 buck and it holds my curls at a dirt cheap price. Unfortunately I think this mousse is discountined I have not seen it in a while and just finished my last can of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by sarahhjosephinee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite curling mousse so far! and I have tried a lot.
It makes my perm look amazing, even though I got it in March and its coming out. Never frizzy or dry with this stuff. I love it.

:) Definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by dancingpanda

Firstly: let me say I am a student and so I looove the idea of affordable haircare products for curly hair, so this is great for me. I haven't tried the CG method and am unsure whether I can afford to have a load of expensive products shipped over, so in the mean time I am so glad I came back to this product!! I hadn't been able to find it in Boots for ages and my naturally wavy/ringletty hair had been a frizzy mess as a result, I've tried similar products from John Frieda, Umberto Giannini etc and they didn't work at all.

I find that as long as you don't overdo it and make sure you spread the product evenly, it doesn't go crunchy on your hair, the trick is not to do it when your hair's still too damp, because then you end up applying more than you need to. It has fairly good hold as well, although I do add a bit of boots curl creme for extra hold and definition once it's dry and my curls stay defined throughout the day!

It does have a slight fragrance, it's nothing special but it's not so unpleasant that it'd stop you from using the stuff.

I've also used it over an extended period of time before and it didn't dry out my hair at all, it was more dry when I wasn't using it if anything.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by kzolin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This mousse is so drying that my hair becomes a halo of flyaway ends. Definitely not the look I'm going for.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by shimmersweetie

This is a pretty decent mousse! I'm going to try a few others just for fun, but I may end up coming back to this one. The scent is nice...maybe a bit perfume-y but not overpowering. Makes my curls bouncy and soft. I do agree with SierraMascara that this stuff only feels crunchy if I use too much of it in one spot.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by jenzbugrulz

I love this mousse as much as I do their volume mousse. This keeps my curls curly without being too sticky or weighing my hair down. Definately a repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2008 7:17:00 PM More reviews by SierraMascara

I love this mousse. I have naturally wavy/curly hair and this makes it soft, bouncy, and more defined. All I do is apply it to damp hair, scrunch like crazy until it's almost dry, get some hairspray in there, and voila. The scent is light, I like it. My hair doesn't get crunchy unless I accidentally get too much in one place. My hair stays lovely all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2008 1:00:00 PM More reviews by whitneyb123

I have naturally curly hair and this product works great for keeping my hair looking good all day. It doesn't weigh my hair down, but still provides great hold. I also like the other products in the V05 red line - however, I think they have discontinued the curl holding spray - which worked great when used with the mousse. I am going to see if I can still find it at drugstore.com.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2008 3:04:00 PM More reviews by angel12794

i really love this product for my natural curls cause it keeps them frizz free, for as long as i want them to be, and for that price, i'll definetely repurchase this product, cause this is one of the few products that lasts and makes my curls soft. but it doesn't last me long since i have long hair but it's cheap enough to keep on buying