Lancome Poudre Soleil-Sun Kissed bronzing powder

4.1

on 12/27/2014 8:37:00 AM

I've had this bronzer for quite some time but never had to use it frequently. Now I can not stop using it, it is definitely my go to bronzer. It applies on very nicely and gives me a nice sun glow which I love. A little pricey but definitely worth it!

on 5/16/2009 5:41:00 PM

When the m/u artist at Lancome applied this product in the store, I looked fresh faced, tanned and as if I were back from some wonderful tropical vacation. The color pay off is surprisingly natural - not orange, but authentically tan looking. Even though this product has shimmer in it, I didn't notice any strange streaks of glitter or sparkle. It's not a flat color by any means - it just manages to look super natural. Unfortunately, what is becoming the problem with me and Lancome makeup, my skin didn't like this product. First off, the smell is VERY overwhelming and reminiscent of an older lady powder. A review on Macys.com likened the smell to roses, but I didn't get that impression at all. My skin didn't break out from the product - it's oil free - but that didn't stop the product from becoming super oily and heavy on my skin in a matter of hours. When I looked in the mirror that evening, my nice natural island tan suddenly looked very heavy, contoured and spackled on. Again, this is probably just my skin, but normally when a product is oil free, I'm able to get longer (and better) wear out of it.

This bronzer retails for $36 and can be found at any Lancome counter or their website. Packaging is a simple snap shut compact, but even so, it didn't feel secure when I closed it. The first time I opened it, there was a lot of loose product inside on the mirror, sides of compact, etc and this was a brand new compact. There seemed to be a gap between the two sides so that it didn't meet securely in the middle when shut. I would be afraid of the powder breaking should you accidently drop it or product escaping in your purse or makeup bag.

*Of interesting note*
When I was returning the product at Macys, I mentioned the smell to the sales associate who was helping me. She was actually from the Clinique counter, so take this with a grain of salt, but she told me that Lancome is known for adding heavy perfumes to their products to mask the scent of the ingredients used. Kind of scary and I can see it being true!

on 4/28/2009 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this in a GWP and am very happy with it. I never would have bought a bronzer on my own, because I am pale and I assumed it would look weird. Tried this on a whim, and was surprised and pleased at how subtle it is. It has minimal, sparse shimmer in the pan but does not deposit sparkle on me. I have the Poudre Solaire color. I use this when I want a warmer look; otherwise I use Lancome Blush Subtil in Miel Glace. I am a NW15/20.

Would definitely repurchase but I doubt I'll use it up as I've yet to make a dent.

on 11/9/2008 1:09:00 PM

I love this bronzer, even more so because I paid $6 at the outlet. The gold mirrored compact is perfect, and I love the wavy design. But better than the packaging or price is the effect it has on me. The color I have is perfect, and the effect of using it with blush gives it a really nice sunkissed look

on 8/10/2008 2:14:00 AM

I have this in Bronze Terre. I am an NC30 and I tan in the summer so right now, it doesn't really show up on me that much (I am using Nars Casino). But I think this color would look great in the winter, when my skin is back to light/medium. I also prefer a more subtle looking bronzer in the winter months. It isn't orange-y and the shimmer is very subtle. Doesn't make me break out either.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I think bronzers are for everyone, but you just have to do the leg work and find the one that is perfect for your skin type and skin tone. That said, I really love this bronzer. I have it in Bronze Riche, which is one of the darker ones, I am tan but like to only do one application so this helps me to hurry and go, because for me a lighter one would make me have to put on a few or several swipes to get the achieved look. I love that it has just the right amount of shimmer to and goes on smoothly. It is expensive, but it's Lancome, so what does one expect. I'm sure there is one that is cheaper and works and looks the same, which I would like to find myself =)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have this in Bronze Solaire and love it! The shade is beautiful on my medium skin (not too orangey like most are) and builds up wonderfully without looking cakey or fake. Consistency is almost creamy (but it's not) and I would recommend this highly.

on 8/14/2006 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Received this as a GWP (Bronze Lumiere). Like the consistency but the color is too orange for my light olive skin (LOLA). Would not repurchase this color.

on 11/29/2005 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

only bronzer i use! it's awesome, smells good, and goes on not too heavy. very natural glow. i have this in 'bronze lumiere' and it's a very natural color for my pale skin color. i like how it has a little sparkly shimmer but doesn't show up too shimmery on my face. this lasts a longgg time, it's very pigmented so you get your money's worth.

on 7/18/2005 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've got this in Bronze Mystique.This is more like a palette containing 3 different bronze shades in a single compact.The shades are dark bronze,light bronze and pinkish bronze-each with shimmer.These are all lovely.The packaging is really gorgeous and the powder itself smells magnificent!But there are some drawbacks.
* I think a product like this should have come with a brush.
* The shimmer is not that natural like Blush Subtil Shimmer or Illuminatrice loose powder bronzer (both Lancome).Imagine something between shimmer and glitter,you'll know what I mean.

So I don't think I'll ever buy this again.

Popular Bronzers