November 24, 2014 | 1236 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by mluckyg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After extensive reading, now I know to avoid Dimethicone, Siloxanes, Cyclomethicone (anything ending with "cone" and "xane") in my moisturizers, serum, foundation and other skincare products.
These silicone-based products have caused deep under the skin large adult acne which are hard to get rid of.

Since 98% skincare products contain silicone ingredients (even the expensive ones like SK II have silicone in their moisturizer/serum), I have difficulty finding a good moisturizer. When I don't wear any moisturiser and foundation, I don't get new under the skin pimples.

This Clinique moisturizer has lots and lots silicones ingredients in it which has caused me more big under the skin adult acne. Silicones cover pores like plastic mask to reduce moisture loss from skin but they also clog pores, and make skin drier in the long run.
For acne prone skin, using silicone-based products might make it worse.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Nurselily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This DEHYDRATED my skin awful thing

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by annieface

I got this as a gift, but I certainly wouldn't pay full price (or close to it, for that matter) for it myself. Yes, it is light, but as someone with really dry skin, light doesn't do anything for me. To lend perspective, I smother Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream on my face in the winter. THAT is what I need and what actually works for me.

I use this during the day in the winter but mainly to use it up and feel like I'm doing something with it. It doesn't make my makeup go on any better than not using it, and the moisturization is minimal. In the summer, it is slightly more useful since I am oilier, but it definitely doesn't provide "extended thirst relief" for me for half the year.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by oliviachann

I do have to preface this review by saying that I do work for Clinique but I do purchase majority of the products with my own money and none of the things given to me affect how I feel about them. The only thing that is affected is my knowledge about these products. You can see the rest of my reviews in my profile.

I love this product. I recommend it to all my clients and I use it on a daily basis myself. I have normal skin, which in the Clinique line is a Skin Type 3 or a Combination Oily skin type. I should start by saying that I don't like heavy creams. SPF is somewhat of an annoyance to me since I don't like the stickiness of it. What I was looking for when I started using the Moisture Surge was a cream that would hydrate my skin without making it weigh down or sticky.

The texture of the Moisture Surge is perfect. It's a light weight gel texture and it doesn't add any weight to my skin care routine. It's recommended that it is used as a booster moisturizer but in the summer, it alone is good enough for me. I use it as the last step in my skin care routine so any serums will come before it. It's definitely hydrating especially when my skin shows a few dry patches especially with the change in weather from summer to fall and fall to winter and works very well as a night cream since I don't mind going a little bit heavier during the night time.

I think the packaging is not bad although slightly unsanitary but I like the jar. I also think that the price is not bad for the amount that you get and a jar does last you a very long time. Of course, it is much better to get this during any gift periods as you get many samples that come along with it.

All in all, I will purchase this product again, whether I work for Clinique or not. It is such a great cream that it has earned a permanent place in my skincare routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by hmd2266

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. Make sure you use the clarifying lotion or another exfoliate first, otherwise this is worthless.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Ratten1996

My first moisturizer and always.

Price is acceptable,packaging is simple and bold. Water-gel like consistency,in soft peach colour. Smells like chemical but bearable.

I have normal skin, no major flaws. I like it because it provide the right amount of hydration for me,light weight,fast-absorbed,nothing sticky left over my face. My face always feel supple and moisturized whenever I use it,so I believe it work well for me. Plus,it's mild and cause no sign of allergy. It might not be sufficient for people with dry skin though.

Will probably stick to this if I can't find a better substitute.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by babylima

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

doesnt do much to my skin. my skin feels tight after using it. also despite its smell is not strong, it feels unnatural and chemical to me. not recommended for dry skin types. maybe will do for combo/oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Let me preface by saying that I have extremely dry skin - to the point where it flakes off in patches, and very few products have done much good to make a difference. After seeing so many good reviews of this moisturiser, and having a gift card, I figured what the heck, I'd try it... and I've been quite pleased!

I find that the Moisture Surge on its own isn't quite enough for my skin - which doesn't surprise or bother me because literally nothing is, but I find that when I use it in combination with my other two favourites, Argan oil and Badger Balm, it's AWESOME.
My routine is as follows: I cleanse, tone, apply Argan oil, apply Moisture Surge, and then apply Badger Balm on any particularly dry or sensitive areas - typically under my eyes, edges of my nose, and chin. I have to say, I LOVE the feeling of the Moisture Surge - I've never used something with a jelly consistency before, and I'm very pleasantly surprised. It spreads and absorbs quickly and locks in moisture, but gives a "dry" feeling to the face if that makes sense - it's not oily, or creamy, or slippery, and makeup applies over it like an absolute dream. I use it during the day time, and in the evening typically put a heavier cream on.

As for particulars, the price is a bit steep - I believe it's 34. I don't particularly mind, because I'll keep using anything that works on my uber dry skin, and I'll definitely repurchase, but it's admittedly not a cheap product. That said, I'm not going through it super fast despite using it everyday, so really it's not bad value. The Moisture Surge is a gentle light pink colour, is fragrance free, has a gel-like consistency, and comes in a clear glass pot. I think the only thing I really have issue with is the pot, as it's not really the most hygienic, but it's a small qualm with a great over all product. I can imagine that it would be amazing for oilier skin types, but dry skinned ladies - don't rule it out - you can really make it work for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Gimmesandyy

I use this as my daytime moisturizer because i do have oily skin. It's so nice and light that my makeup glides on like a dream. Doesn't feel stick or heavy nor does it clog my pores. I mainly use it during the morning and it's been a lifesaver

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Beccask

I have pretty oily skin. This product is amazing for that. And doesn't leave my skin oily at all. The only thing is I'm not really sure if it's doing much for my skin or not. It's also quite expensive. But it is definitely the best moisturizer I have come across yet!