January 31, 2015 | 2045 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2015 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Sensitivity1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this in duty free and so sorry I didn't try a sample first. This is overrated in my opinion. Firstly looks nice, although dislike that you have to keep dunking your fingers in. Prefer pumps etc. the texture is beautiful.. for the first 2 mins then it feels like a horrible fake mask film over your face. No moisturising in my experience. I have combi skin. So not too dry but this offered no moisturising and my skin felt dreadfully dull. The next day, looks like all that silicone feel and sealed in by film did it's trick as horrible little rasht breakout all over which hasn't happened for a while as I've been sticking to gel moisturisers and such. I'm now trying kiehls gel. Hope for the best. Trying to find a replacement for creme de la mer gel moisturiser. Just something that soothes and won't irritant while providing gentle moisture. Minimising pores and providing balance and glow would be great!! Any suggestions???

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2015 10:15:00 PM More reviews by teague436

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best overnight lotion. Hydrate perfectly into skin and does not cause breakouts. Would highly recommend

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2015 5:42:00 PM More reviews by olfactorysensation

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used to use this when I was younger and I ended up with a sample tub at Sephora recently. I don't know if the formula has changed or if it's just that my skin has changed, but I really did not like this.

At first it applies nicely, it feels moisturising on the skin and made me feel very hydrated post mask application. However, I noticed that once it started drying I was left with this sticky residue on my face that was very irritating.

I ended up wiping it off and reapplying my Clarins moisturiser because I couldn't stand the feeling of it on my skin. I the Moisture Surge cream again on another evening and still experienced the same stickiness. Threw the rest of the sample out and won't be trying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2015 11:23:00 PM More reviews by klmacfarlane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My skin is dry to normal in summer but in winter its very dry and prone to patches of eczema. This product just doesn't moisturise my skin at all, even in summer.

It's silky smooth and gel like to touch and very soothing and cool when applied. But then it feels like it just sits on top of your skin and doesn't sink in, which seems to be proved by my skin starting to feel tight again only about 20 mins later. So unfortunately it was a complete waste of money for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2015 9:20:00 PM More reviews by cakesy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when everyone says this is great for dry winter skin. I am usually oily, but this winter have developed a lot more dryness and irritation. I've been trying various things to give me moisture without giving me acne. I found this LESS moisturizing than most anything I've tried. It might be nice in the spring. But I put it on after the shower and my face felt dry and tight again within 15 minutes; I had to put another moisturizer over the top (which I'm sure wont help the acne I've suddenly been fighting in addition to my new dry, sensitive skin.) I think it's probably a nice enoug lighter moisturizer, but I wouldn't recommend for dry/sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2015 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Makeupprincess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is another great product that tames my winter skin and really soothes it. I didn't buy it but found it in my Mom's stash over Winter Holiday. Well, she said, you can take it and use it! Yay! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2015 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Georginaa

On my second jar of this. My thoughts:
- Skin feels very supple and plumped (instead of oily like many moisturizers) after using this
- Great moisturizer underneath makeup as it does not interfere with it but can prevent flakes/ fine lines from showing due to dryness
- Pretty much a no-brainer: you can use it in the morning, midday, or in your night-time skincare routine on top of any thicker moisturizer (if that's what you need)
- However, I'm surprised to see how people claim it works well for them in "colder months" - it's most certainly not moisturizing enough to be used on its own in dry/cold times. Even "oily" skin needs a bit of oil in the cold months, cause skin will produce more oil in reaction to its dry condition, making the "oil" situation even worse. For me, my skin goes flaky in like an hour if I just use this alone in winter.
- Overall, a great lightweight, non-greasy moisturizer.
- PS. Before the Overnight Mask came out, Clinique claimed you could use this as a mask but I guess the Overnight Mask does a much better job at this :)

Please kindly rate if you find it help/unhelpful, thanks and hope it helps! x

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2015 12:54:00 PM More reviews by kiwiwachs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wish I had read the reviews before purchasing this product! I have very very dry skin and in the winter I started looking for a better moisturizer. I had been wanting to try this one and purchased it in a Christmas set. It basically destroyed my skin. The more I used it, the drier and tighter my skin got. It felt like it just sat on the top of my skin instead of sinking in and actually moisturizing. Thank God for coconut oil otherwise I don't think my skin would have gone back to normal. Thankfully I was able to return it but I will never ever ever buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2015 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Erinjay

Favourite product ive ever used! I have very dry skin and it really helps.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2015 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Zarahshortlash

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This burnt my skin severely. Up until a few years ago I had combination skin with a very oily t-zone, but lately age has made my skin dry and sensitive, and Winters in Sweden does not improve that condition. So, this year, I really needed something that would reboot my moisture, I had tried Avenée Skin Recovery Cream (Rich), but that made my skin itch and turn red. After reading reviews here at MUA I decided to go for Clinique's Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief. Big mistake!

It gave my skin burning red patches, stinging every time I put on the cream. It left a sticky film on my skin that took a very long time to sink in (more than 15 minutes) which made it very difficult to put on makeup. I had to wait a long time between using the moisturizer and putting on foundation (Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation). My skin turned all bright pink and sore.

The jar is not practical - I bought small 'spatulas" to avoid putting my fingers into the cream.

Did it moisturize? Yes it did, and it did plump up some of my fine lines, but the cost (i.e. burning skin) was not worth it. I stopped using it after two weeks since my skin didn't improve, only got worse.

I caution you reader to be really careful before buying this product. It might help you (as it has for other MUA:s), but it might also ruin your skin. I ended up buying the far less expensive Eucerin AQUAporin Active Rich and that has calmed my skin - almost normalizing it!