April 16, 2014 | 989 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by breeze1234

Meh. I wanted to love this and was excited by all the great reviews, but I just don't find this very moisturizing. My skin is pretty normal (except my stupid greasy nose) and I was looking for a something to help moisturize more around my eyes. I'll keep looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by artey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I have normal skin and this cream makes my skin look absolutely radiant.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 4:56:00 AM More reviews by summerglow123

This is a really nice, well moisturizing gel that i've used mostly as a night creme or when not using makeup. I'm acne-prone and oily skin, with dryness on the top layer of the skin. Moisture surge extended thirst relief works well, my skin feels hydrated without making it oily.

Compared to the 'Moisture surge intense' one i liked this formula a lot more.

Extended thirst relief is a lot lighter gel, and smells really good. It doesn't leave a creamy layer on top of the skin, it feels like the skin can breathe.

The only downside for me would be the price. Because of the gel formula i needed to use it more, so it did not last so long time. Also the packaging is not the best one, since you need to dip your fingers in the jar...

However, it has been one of the best moisturizers that my skin appeared to like, so i would consider to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by ShaynaB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have patchy dry skin in areas, because I have skin problems (eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, and overall sensitive skin). This stuff, coupled with some regular hydrocortisone cream, is a life saver for me!

Also, I like the appearance of the product - it is a light pink gel with a slippery feel to it, not heavy at all. I do not like the jar form factor -- I wish this came in a pump style jar so I don't have to dip my fingers into the jar for each use.

When I put it on my face, it doesn't sting at all, even when my skin is irritated. It does not help with the redness per se (that is why I couple it with the hydrocortisone), but one application stops the flakies in their tracks.

I noticed that there are now 2 versions of this product in Sephora: one for all skin types (oil free) and one for extra dry skin. I am speaking from my experience using the one for all skin types (oil free).

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

Water based gel texture. Doesn't really moisturise. Over scented.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Lo08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this stuff. I have extremely sensitive, dry skin (I feel like a crocodile after a shower) and am constantly dousing my face in moisturizer, which can make make me break out. It's a vicious cycle. I found this on my mom's dresser one morning (she had received it as a free sample) while I was searching for some moisturizer, tried it, and it just melted into my skin. It was like I had finally found whatever was supposed to make skin feel good. Needless to say, my mother never did find her moisturizer after that day! It makes my skin feel soft, nourished and clean without making it feel oily or heavy. The only drawback is the price... It retails for about $45 per jar (I'm in Canada), so not sure how expensive it is anywhere else. If you can afford it and have dry skin, buy it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Ldugas1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolute must-have for travel. The first time I tried this was at an international airport after around 24 hours of travel by bus and plane. While I was waiting for my next flight, I went straight to the makeup duty free to try to put myself back together. This wonderful angel at Clinique then asked if she could help. After cleaning my face with I don't know what, she put this on and it just melted into my skin. By the time she had smoothed it in, she decided that a second coat may be nice (and/or necessary). Since then I will not travel without this. I wouldn't say this is my primary face moisturizer, but it is an absolute necessity for tired, dehydrated travel skin.

I have recently come across a possible dupe with Garnier's Moisture Rescue Gel Cream, but I have yet to find it here in Eastern Europe. If anyone has tried it, let me know.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by chloekas091

I really wanted to love this product because I loved the smell, packaging and consistency. but this stuff broke me out so bad!! and I am not prone to acne. I had to return it after 2 weeks. Such a shame..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by jamieevital

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually got this in a Clinique bonus bag and I might purchase the full size. I say might because even though it`s a miracle in a jar it is quite pricy. I like this product because it absorbs almost instantly and it doesn`t leave a greasy residue. Very moisturizing and smoothens out my skin overnight.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by pianoBUTTER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I never used Clinique prior to this. I forgot to take my Clarins with me while traveling and bought Clinique out of desperation. I wish I could write something good on this product but it broke me out so bad :( I applied correctly as the SA advised. I have one whole jar left, been applying on my legs & feet.. not like it's hydrating, though. I just don't know what else to do with it.