Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

on 8/25/2015 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Great moisturizer

Pro
Sinks into the skin
Doesn't cause a shiny t-zone
Moisturises my dry cheeks
Barely a scent
No break outs
No allegic reaction (yay!!)
Perfect for the summer

Con
Packaging, I prefer tubes
No Spf

on 8/16/2015 8:27:00 PM

AMAZING PRODUCT! My skin was reacting to a regrettable attempt at getting rid of acne and hyper-pigmentation. It was super dry, flakey, sensitive and had a generous sprouting of spots/pimples (note to self: avoid desire to pile on ALL THE CHEMICAL EXFOLIANTS, skin is gonna rebel big time). Enter this baby - after just a few days my skin was back to 'normal', my active breakouts were slowly healing and there was a significant decrease in flakey skin. If I felt that my skin was still 'thirsty', I would slather more of this moisturizer on, wait for it to sink in and slather a bit more on. Product did not break me out and I find it, as other reviewers have, perfect for under makeup. It sinks it quickly in the morning as it is a light gel texture (I find I like to layer a moisturizing essence underneath for an extra boost of moisture) and provides a great base for makeup.

I do wish it came in a tube rather than a tub. It is a bit pricey however a little does go a long way. The whole moisture surge line from Clinique is superb. I also have the spray (great for 'fixing' your makeup) and the overnight mask for days I need a little extra moisture. All in all if you have dehydrated skin, I would definitely recommend this.

on 8/12/2015 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Favorite moisturizer ever! First I do believe this is a good moisturizer on its during the day but where this truly shines is used under makeup and over your serums. If u have issues with flaky skin when wearing foundation, using this like a primer will help like no other actual primer I've ever used. It seems to seal in your flakes and foundation goes on so smooth. Which is also why I love this over my serums....at night I also use another moisturizer since I combo skin and can get dry but this on top and seals it all in and my skin is plump and SMOOTH (I also use Clinique turnaround serum) u can get the .5 oz travel for less then 9 bucks so u can try it...its def worth it!

on 8/3/2015 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have really oily skin but had never really used a moisturiser as I always felt it left my skin even more greasy and caused breakouts. This hydrates my skin at night and I believe it stops my skin from producing extra oil in an attempt to hydrate itself. It's a winner!

on 7/25/2015 11:53:00 PM

This is my daily moisturizer, it doesn't break me out and is decently hydrating enough to wear under makeup. On some of my dryer patches this doesn't provide enough moisture, so I'll pat a bit of Nivea cream (German formula, I'm a snob) onto them. I wish it was less expensive and I wish there were a pump type of deal. Sometimes the cardboard comes out of the lid and flops on the floor when I take the cap off, life is hard. I'm gonna have to go with an HG on this baby.

on 7/16/2015 1:14:00 PM

Many use this as a moisturizer, but I was told by the Clinique SA this should be used on top of moisturizer, as an add-on treatment.

The Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief does exactly what it says on the tub, it provides extended relief to parched skin.

This helped me through harsh winters, when my cheeks would turn so dry they crack. It not only seals moisture in, but provides that extra layer of hydration that kept my skin supple, moist and comfortable.

Now that I'm back in a tropical country, I only apply this at night and I wake up with fresh, hydrated skin. If you suffer from dry / dehydrated skin, I highly recommend layering this on as an added treatment because this stuff really works.

I only took one star off because of its packaging - tubs aren't exactly hygienic, are they? ;)

on 7/9/2015 3:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This moisturizer is my favorite to use in the middle of winter when my skin is super dry and chapped. It is a watery, yet thick gel that gives my skin SO much moisture. It leaves the skin feeling wet, rather than greasy, and very silky soft. It's very hard to explain, but the results of using this speak for themselves. If you suffer from very dry skin, I would recommend this.
However, I do not use this year round, and therefor I do not keep it on hand 24/7. It's kind of a splurge/extra during the winter if the cold/wind is particularly rough. I prefer to use their Moisturizing gel (the yellow one in the pump bottle) for every day.

on 7/1/2015 8:22:00 AM

I have combination skin and this moisturizer is what I use pre makeup application. It is the best base I've ever used as it hydrates enough but isn't greasy. Perfect for my skin type. Don't like that it's in a jar. Would repurchase.

on 6/21/2015 5:37:00 PM

I love love love this product! It's a little pricey but I will definitely repurchase this! My skin was soo dry and dehydrated other moisturisers seemed to be a quick fix and greasy.. I'd highly recommend this product.
Great for under make up too, I use it every morning and evening my skin condition has improved drastically no more dry skin for me!! No more Flakey patches or tight sensitive skin it's wonderful!

on 6/8/2015 1:45:00 PM

This stuff broke me out just after one night. Glad i received a sample. Need to try this first before you buy it

Popular Moisturizers