July 29, 2014 | 1587 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This wonderful product has been a staple of mine for approximately 22 years.

When my skin feels thirsty, I will use this product over my moisturizer; however, during winter, I use this product over my moisturizer three to five times a week.

Clinique also makes moisture surge intense. My personal choice is to stick with this pink gel because it hydrates very well, and has a cool temperature when first applied to my face. The consistency of this product is thick, so I will make the bed, start the dishwasher, etc., while product is absorbing into skin. When I return to apply my makeup, my skin looks and feels soft and hydrated. I call it the "baby smooth" feeling.

Clinique makes a moisture surge for the eye area; however, this product does not cause irritation or puffiness around my eyes. Thankful there's no need to purchase an extra hydrating product for the eyes (save money!).

Clinique advertises their products as 100% fragrance free. As with all brands, Clinique has its own unique scent. Would classify it as a very clean and slightly ingredient type scent. I find the scent pleasant, but if one prefers a floral scent, don't be deterred by this because the "Clinique Scent" dissipates a lot within the first twenty minutes after applying product.

*Mentioned scent, because when I use makeup or moisturizer from another brand, will instantly notice the brands unique scent.

Highly recommend Moisture Surge!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 2:57:00 AM More reviews by stellar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was not at all impressed with this product. I bought it when the SA working at the Clinique counter suggested it to go with the DDML+ I was also purchasing for my insanely dry skin last fall. She said she used both when her skin gets extremely dry. I was desperate, so I went for it. This really does nothing for my skin. Somehow, after I put it on (when I use it by itself) it actually seems to make my skin feel more dry and tight. My skin has now recovered from the horrible dryness (thanks to DDML+) and still, even when I try to use this my skin just feels tight and dry. I will sometimes use it when I need a lighter moisturizer to go under certain foundations or TMs or BB Creams, etc, but when I do I always have to put a ton of the DDML+ on that night to counteract its effects.

When I bought it the SA told me it's the more moisturizing formula out of the two (compared to the other Moisture Surge product) so that's why I bought it. However, when I went back a couple months later to buy something else, a different lady was working at that time and she said the *other* one was the more moisturizing product. I don't know who was right, but I'm so unimpressed with this one that I won't be trying the other one, either. I feel the name, description, and claims of this product is highly misleading and should be marketed more toward those with combination/oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Jdeliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best moisturizers that I've tried. It works wonders as an after-sun moisturizer. Great and great. Doesn't make my skin break out. Decent price for its quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Celphi

Clinique changed the ingredients as per ending of 2013, the new formulation is bad, listing dimethicone as second ingredients after water. Clogged pores badly causing whiteheads and the product doesnt absorb well into skin, it feels like they are just sitting on skin. Will not repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Georgiaokief

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This moisturizer is great for people with sensitive skin living in temperate climates. For years it was the only moisturizer I would put on my face. It's lightweight, quickly absorbed and didn't leave my skin feeling greasy or heavy. I would say it provides mild to moderate moisturization.

The down sides are that it comes in a tub, which is hard to keep sanitized. It doesn't contain any UV protection and it doesn't really cut it in arid (desert) climates. It's also a tad expensive, but not as bad as a lot of high end moisturizing products.

But I would recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin, who doesn't like greasy feeling moisturizers. It's great underneath of makeup because it isn't remotely oily and is pretty quickly absorbed into the skin. All in all, I was pretty happy with it. Until I started getting older and needing more UV protection.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by cleopatra6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Now- this product is overall good. It does moisturize the skin and makes it feel soft and supple. However I don't recommend it for people with dry skin- the name of the product is highly misleading. It is great for normal or oily skin. During the summer i like to put SPF cream on top of it and i have to say that it does make a difference in the end of the day.No effect on wrinkles or fine lines what so ever , it is just moisture in a jar!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by cpetersen

This is the best moisturizer for my skin! It makes me skin feel super soft and it doesn't clog my pores at all. This is a must have for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by BumblexX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

THE NAME DOES NOT LIE!
I've been using this on my face after cleansing and toning and it instantly makes it feel super refreshed. It has quite a watery gel-like consistency and a little really does go a long way.
I love using it in the winter when my skin gets extremely dry and this stuff just makes it so much better and takes away any dryness on my face!
It is very pricey for such a small tub but this would definitely be my one splurge item. There really is nothing like it that I have found in drugstores or for cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by jmakena07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First time reviewing!this moisturizer is almost $50. I found my skin moisturized well through the day! Down fall it had no SPF!& honestly mine got done & didn't feel the need to restock! Just bought my olay $8 moisturizer with SPF

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by sevbu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

no moisture for the dry skinned ladies i should say. maybe normal skin wouldn't like it much either.
little 7 ml jar was sent to me as a gift. as the name indicated "surge" and "extended" i gave it to my mum right away. when she tried, she said " are you kidding me? this does nothing to my skin!" she is 65 years old and she has extremely dry skin, on the contrary, i have oily t-zone, well, it didn't do wonders for sure, but i really liked under the make up.
foundation glides almost perfectly over this (not sure but feels like it has slicones). so i must say it feels like a primer instead of moisturizer. the name definitely misleads.

it has mildly chemical scent and packaging is an ordinary jar
i didn't hate it. i can give it another go as it didn't make me shiny.