August 28, 2014 | 1431 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 5:29:00 AM More reviews by RomanXI

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been experiencing slight dry skin from my face washes and this is a dream. Within 30 seconds of applying this all tightness/dryness is eradicated. It is a gorgeous colour light gel, and it dries so quickly , leaves no residue and dries ever so slightly matte. The game changing thing about his product is once it's absorbed it doesn't feel like there's anything on the skin, and when I went to wash my face the product changes texture to reveal itself there. It basically you get 12+ hours hydration with no residue or stickiness! That's the great thing about this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by sonianala

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good for temporary dryness, but I wouldn't use it long term. I'm not sure how it would benefit my skin from prolong use.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow. This is perhaps the best moisturiser for my very oily skin, especially during the summer. I have PCOs and unfortunately the last few months my skin gives me a very hard time because of this. My cycle has gone all eratic after getting gastritis and not being able to eat properly, and as a result my skin has been really crap. I was already on prescription cream (Duac 5%BP and 1%Clindamycin) and I started using it twice a day when I am not going out. My skin has gone from very oily to normal and frankly I love it...
Anyway, I started using Clinique's Acne Solutions Clinical clearing gel on days when I go out of the house in the morning (another winner by the way), and a bit of Moisture Surge on top as my skin can feel dry sometimes, mixed with either a bit of foundation (usually Clinique's Even Better) or Body Shop's gel bronzer, and my face remains oil free ALL DAY!! This is a first...
It doesn't make me oily at all, I don't even bother with my face all day when I wear this. I think Clinique should actually market this as an option for oily to very oily skin, and forget the DDMG! I think I will be using the Moisture surge during the summer and keep the DDMG for the winter.
It's an excellent product. A bit pricey sure, at least Clinique seems to be giving it with all its Bonus Time gifts, and somehow I ended up with plenty of samples that will last me for quite a while...
It is definitely worth the try if you have oily skin, and when my samples run out I will purchase without second thought. It didn't break me out either (but then again nothing from Clinique breaks me out...). Well done (again) Clinique!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by AnnaKF

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Clogged pores very badly causing whiteheads, blackheads and tiny bumps all over my face. The skin on my face feels as a sand paper after using this creme gel just once. I did not change anything in my skin care routine except for using this creme gel once. Before using this my skin was baby soft, no clogged pores, no whiteheads, just an occasional hormonal breakout around chin area once in a while. This creme gel has now damaged the skin on my face. This goes without saying that I would not recommend this to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2014 4:53:00 AM More reviews by jackiech100

It's not the best moisturizer I've used, but it is very effective and soothing. I use it in the morning before putting on my makeup. It's slightly sticky feeling, but not as much as some cheaper products I've used. My biggest gripe is the price. I know it's Clinique which is an expensive brand, but I don't love this product enough to pay almost $40 for it. I'll most likely go for something else when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This wonderful product has been a staple of mine for approximately 22 years.

When my skin feels thirsty, I will use this product over my moisturizer; however, during winter, I use this product over my moisturizer three to five times a week.

Clinique also makes moisture surge intense. My personal choice is to stick with this pink gel because it hydrates very well, and has a cool temperature when first applied to my face. The consistency of this product is thick, so I will make the bed, start the dishwasher, etc., while product is absorbing into skin. When I return to apply my makeup, my skin looks and feels soft and hydrated. I call it the "baby smooth" feeling.

Clinique makes a moisture surge for the eye area; however, this product does not cause irritation or puffiness around my eyes. Thankful there's no need to purchase an extra hydrating product for the eyes (save money!).

Clinique advertises their products as 100% fragrance free. As with all brands, Clinique has its own unique scent. Would classify it as a very clean and slightly ingredient type scent. I find the scent pleasant, but if one prefers a floral scent, don't be deterred by this because the "Clinique Scent" dissipates a lot within the first twenty minutes after applying product.

*Mentioned scent, because when I use makeup or moisturizer from another brand, will instantly notice the brands unique scent.

Highly recommend Moisture Surge!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 2:57:00 AM More reviews by stellar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was not at all impressed with this product. I bought it when the SA working at the Clinique counter suggested it to go with the DDML+ I was also purchasing for my insanely dry skin last fall. She said she used both when her skin gets extremely dry. I was desperate, so I went for it. This really does nothing for my skin. Somehow, after I put it on (when I use it by itself) it actually seems to make my skin feel more dry and tight. My skin has now recovered from the horrible dryness (thanks to DDML+) and still, even when I try to use this my skin just feels tight and dry. I will sometimes use it when I need a lighter moisturizer to go under certain foundations or TMs or BB Creams, etc, but when I do I always have to put a ton of the DDML+ on that night to counteract its effects.

When I bought it the SA told me it's the more moisturizing formula out of the two (compared to the other Moisture Surge product) so that's why I bought it. However, when I went back a couple months later to buy something else, a different lady was working at that time and she said the *other* one was the more moisturizing product. I don't know who was right, but I'm so unimpressed with this one that I won't be trying the other one, either. I feel the name, description, and claims of this product is highly misleading and should be marketed more toward those with combination/oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Jdeliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best moisturizers that I've tried. It works wonders as an after-sun moisturizer. Great and great. Doesn't make my skin break out. Decent price for its quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Celphi

Clinique changed the ingredients as per ending of 2013, the new formulation is bad, listing dimethicone as second ingredients after water. Clogged pores badly causing whiteheads and the product doesnt absorb well into skin, it feels like they are just sitting on skin. Will not repurchase

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Georgiaokief

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This moisturizer is great for people with sensitive skin living in temperate climates. For years it was the only moisturizer I would put on my face. It's lightweight, quickly absorbed and didn't leave my skin feeling greasy or heavy. I would say it provides mild to moderate moisturization.

The down sides are that it comes in a tub, which is hard to keep sanitized. It doesn't contain any UV protection and it doesn't really cut it in arid (desert) climates. It's also a tad expensive, but not as bad as a lot of high end moisturizing products.

But I would recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin, who doesn't like greasy feeling moisturizers. It's great underneath of makeup because it isn't remotely oily and is pretty quickly absorbed into the skin. All in all, I was pretty happy with it. Until I started getting older and needing more UV protection.