July 26, 2014 | 1017 users online

Eyeliner - Chanel - Le Crayon Kohl in Black Jade

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I don't normally wear colored eyeliner and usually stick to a basic black, but this blackened emerald liner is a gorgeous exception. It goes well with my brown eyes and isn't too obviously green or metallic/shimmery like some colored liners can be. Definitely a sophisticated and subtle option for those who are used to wearing neutrals but want to experiment with color. Texture glides on easily and staying power is pretty good for a pencil liner. This is my first Chanel eyeliner and won't be my last.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't own many green liners or shadows but this one is such a stunner that I couldn't pass it up. It's such a deep, mysterious color and it looks amazing on. I don't feel like it's detracting from or competing with my hazel eyes. As others have mentioned this is a blackened green. There's a beautiful glint and sheen when the light hits it and the perfect amount of deep, emerald green shimmer. It sort of reminds me of Laura Mercier's Kohl Eye Pencils, which I wear often. This looks like it has more pigmentation and it doesn't fade on me like the LM's tend to do.

I can smudge this for a hazy effect and it doesn't lose the impact of its gorgeous color. It doesn't fade or disappear at the end of the day but it does transfer to my upper lid a little depending on the type of shadow I'm wearing, and it smears if I rub my eyes. But it doesn't smear on its own, and overall it stays where it's supposed to. It's a firm, dense pencil but still soft and glides on without skipping or much pressure. The texture of the Chanel Khol liners are one of my favorites. They're just easy to apply and not overly soft and creamy. This is my only green liner that gets any mileage and whenever I wear it I get compliments.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

I've been devoted forever to dramatic black liner and never even considered using colour. But I'm so glad I bought this because it's really awakened me to the potential of colour liners. I LOVE this shade, an emerald green-tinged black. I've since experimented with other blackened green shades, but they've all being either too green or else (in most cases) have looked completely black. I tend to wear liner on the waterline (stops my large eyes from looking too big - I don't want anime eyes that could throw the rest of my facial features out of proportion!!) Because of my choosing to line the waterline, this liner isn't totally suited to my needs. (But it would be unfair of me to knock it for that!) It doesn't apply very strongly and doesn't have either the creamy smooth feel or staying power of other pencils. (And I'm not just talking about famously rich, creamy and pigmented pencils like Urban Decay 24/7. I've used a Bourjois green/black kohl pencil which gave a much stronger line with less effort - though the colour wasn't a patch on the Chanel.) So I get quite a faint line, that needs to be topped up regularly. However, the actual colour looks beautiful for being watered down by my waterline! Rather than black with a twist of green, I get more of a greyish green shade that looks so sheeny and almost metallic when it catches the light. Now, I've already said I'm a longtime fan of dramatic black, so I never would have considered that a softer shade like this could give me enough definition. But it really does, making my eyes and not my eye makeup stand out. My eyes are a bluish green and a swipe of this liner makes the whites look sharp and seems to bring light to the iris colour. I've had so many compliments since wearing it, with people telling me how refreshed I look - but without them being able to pinpoint why! I was even approached in the park by a total stranger a couple of days ago who commented on how my eyes 'sparkled'. And this was the morning after the night before - I'd been to bed for less than two hours! (Maybe a coincidence - or maybe the green sheen counteracted redness?) I don't love the price and my eyes would love a more waterline-friendly formulation, but the colour is so good I know I'm going to be tempted back for more.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by LenaOfDC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted so badly to like this eyeliner but it did not stay in place! I looked like I had a black eye or had been sleeping in my makeup within an hour of application. I gave it 3 weeks and ended up returning it - it was just too expensive to go to waste.

When I returned it I put a swatch on my hand and as it turns out Clinique has a waterproof eyeliner called Ivy and it's IDENTICAL in color and only $13.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A very high quality eye liner.
Pros:
Goes smoothly.
Highly pigmented.
Works well for a smudge effect.
Lasts long.
Cons:
Not very good staying power if applied on a waterline: has a tendency to get in eye corners.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by fragranceisall

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My HG eyeliner! Goes on smoothly, lasts a long time. I've been using Laura Mercier, have liked the black violet, but this is even better; I hope Chanel never discontinues this product now that I've discovered it. Enhances my green eyes like nothing else. I only wish I'd had this in my beauty arsenal during my young, vampish days!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If I use kohl, it's black. They tend to smudge off the waterline of course, but this one does so in a fairly un-messy way. I have brown eyes, and the black-green nature of this color really flatters them without screaming harsh black. Its truly a unique shade. It does not irritate my sensitive and dry eyes and is safe for contact lens wearers (at least for me).

Please make sure you don't buy the mechanical pencil that is called Jade--that IS a teal color, and not the same as this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by xoxokris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best eyeliner in my opinion. It goes on practically black BUT makes my brown eyes pop. I always always always get compliments when I wear this. People say that my makeup looks great or my eyes look so pretty....when I tell them it's most likey bc of my green eyeliner they don't believe that it's green. it's like magic. I don't get compliments when I wear just black or brown eyeliner so I've concluded that this green one must be it so i highly recommend this color for people with brown eyes. It does last a while and goes on smoothly so give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by poonamkaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This liner is fantastic! The kohl doesn't drag or skip, the colour payoff is great, it's akin to a brighter, more green forest shade. Long-lasting wear, great application, excellent sharpener that comes with the pencil....love!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Rivoli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a dark green, easy to apply pencil. Beautiful color-truly deep enough of a color to really define the eye without looking harsh. Close to a black emerald green. I find this pencil is not quite as soft as Armani or Prestige water proof kohl, but neither offer anything quite in this shade, so you need to press a tad harder to get a rich application. No smudging, lasts all day (really really). The pencil is expensive but really delivers.