October 23, 2014 | 1939 users online

Hair Treatments - Goldwell - Color Glow Treatment in Stay Red

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2008 12:52:00 PM More reviews by OrchidGoddess

When I had my hair coloured red (really red), my stylist recommended I use this to keep it looking fresh and vibrant. I used all of the products in the Colour Glow line (shampoo, conditioner, fluide etc) And it worked great!! It really makes your hair red. I found it could stain a little so you need to make sure you scrub well (hands and the tub in a couple of spots) but to me it's worth it to keep my hair from fading. Definately a 5 lippy product! The smell was good, and when you use the products together you have one heck of a head of red red red hair!!

Final Verdict: The whole line is fantastic!!
Recommend: If you've got red red va-vavoom hair, then this is for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 8:57:00 PM More reviews by MsMaggie

I LOVE this product. And I just wanted to share that diamond beauty supply has it on sale!!!!!!!! I just stocked up.

I use this like a conditioner- I guess thats what its for- but they call it a "treatment". Color deposits well and lasts - my hair feels very soft after using it as well.

I never bothered to use the smhampoo from this line- but just bought some (it was half off...) I'll review that once I use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 1:08:00 AM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm giddy when I find another HG product and this one has raised above that HG status for me. This is a color-depositing fluid in a pump jar, that I put on my hair after washing and conditioning and leave-in, not rinsing it out. I dye my originally dark brown hair with L'Oreal Excellence light auburn, and do my own highlights with Clairol Herbal Essences Highlights in rich copper. This Goldwell Stay Red product brings out my highlights to an intense, yet natural, and eye-catching red, while leaving the rest of my hair it's medium auburn dyed color. I'm going to stock up on this product b/c it looks so pretty and leaves my hair soft and shiny. I only wash my hair once a week, and this color treatment lasts the whole week. This treatment does leave color on bare hands, so I use Lava soap (which is an abrasive soap to remove paint from hands, and sold in the regular soap aisle of stores) to remove the color from my hands.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2007 6:42:00 PM More reviews by New_Life_Wanted

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you want flaming red bright hair get this. Five stars if this is what you want. However, if you want an auburn shade stay far away. OMG. I have to figure out how to get this crap out. Thus, I give it one measly star. Not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2007 12:19:00 AM More reviews by MariannaS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

~Excellent treatment. Does a good job of reviving my red streaks. I have a sick feeling this is going to be discontinued one day, anything that's good always gets the boot~.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2006 11:50:00 PM More reviews by d_copper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

BUY THIS.

Right now for a proper review. My hair is black, coarse and straight with slight kinks. It is also very frizzy. I had it bleached and then dyed red.

This product is a treatment and is meant to be used once or twice a week, interpersed with other conditioning products. The reason is because it is very pigment rich (amazingly rich, Pantene Colour Expressions has nothing on it), and I think if you over use it, it will irritate the scalp (it did to mine but I was using it everytime I washed my hair).

You use this as a substitute for a conditioner and the amount should be generous as you are re-depositing dye into your hair. You are suppose to leave it for 3 to 10 mins, but I leave it on for 2mins and the results are still stunning.

Performance: Best thing ever. People keep on asking me if I went to the hairdresser recently because this system keeps my colours that fresh. The only caution is that this is a yellow-based red dye, so if you have magenta or blue type of red hair and wish to keep it that way I would not advise using this. It doesn't help with the frizziness, but it does not dry out my hair.

Smell: Smells vaguely like cherries.

Value: It is actually quite inexpensive for a salon product and even with my frequent usage I have had the same bottle for 4 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2006 1:35:00 AM More reviews by fabchic

Ive tried John Frieda's color glaze and that product really suxed. Myy stylist told me to give the goldwell a try and im so happy i did... So far i noticed that this product really does what it says..it deposits red pigments and it made my fading red highlights really vibrant.. :) Ill def be repurchasing this product

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2006 6:37:00 PM More reviews by kinipela

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dye my hair red and I use this every other day to "deposit" color yet I do not see much of a difference in color fade or brightness and you have to make sure to wash your hands off or else they will be reddish.

I buy it on-line for about $12 but not going to rebuy after I make it through my stash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2005 8:38:00 PM More reviews by rjulie510

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been dyeing my asian black hair red for few years now. Dyed red hair fades fast by nature, and maintaining my vibrant red hair hasn't been easy. I tried few color deposit conditioners, and Goldwell Color Glow treatment in Stay Red is one of my favorites. Color is neutral slightly blue toned deep red. Not too warm, not too cool, and its neutral tone make it suitable for many different shades of red. It's very well pigmented yet it's not heavy nor it builds up. I run it through my hair, leave on for few minutes, then rinse off. Followed by a regular conditioner. It makes my red hair vibrant again. I have already re-purchased this, and I will buy it again when I run out of my tube. My favorite color deposit conditioner along with Aveda personal blends conditioner and Aveda madder root conditioner. Unlike Goldwell Color Glow Fluid in Stay Red, which was completely useless, this works!