September 30, 2014 | 2013 users online

Shampoo - Nature's Gate - Aloe Vera Treatment Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by ginnymat2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I so want to like all of the Nature's Gate shampoos but this is not one of them. It just does nothing for my hair - it feels like it's not clean and its conditioner is just as blah.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by heyjoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Unimpressive. I find it incredibly hard to find the right all or mostly natural shampoo for a somewhat dry scalp and sensitive skin. I do love aloe vera, which initially drew me to this 'poo. I'm almost through this bottle and although I've found it to be pretty gentle as I've not had a major eczema breakout on my scalp due to using it, the downside is that it's actually kind of dried out my hair and scalp, making it a little flaky and mildly itchy. Dry, tangly hair. This shampoo also oddly smells like bubblegum, which I find confusing and a bit unpleasant. I really don't recommend this. I definitely wouldn't get this again and probably won't even try another shampoo from this brand. And the search continues...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by pr0cessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If, like me, your hair tangles easily, you might want to have a really good conditioner on hand when you try this shampoo. I love that it's natural, but it feels a bit like washing your hair with dish soap. I have seen this problem before with other sulfate-free, coconut derived shampoos. Feels like washing with castile soap. Leaves my hair rough and tangled. If I follow with a good conditioner I'm okay though. My hair is long, fine, wavy, color-treated, prone to breakage & tangles so I'm always looking for something gentle. This leaves a squeaky clean feeling, and lathers well, but as other reviewers noticed, the next day my hair has a certain oily, flat quality. I also am not a fan of the smell. It is like bubblegum, not good I will use up the rest of this bottle because it's cheap but won't buy again. I wish the Nature's Gate herbal shampoo was sulfate free, because I really like the smell and feel of it, but it fades my color.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by hdbnsc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have fine medium length curly hair. My daughter has long thick wavy hair. We can both use this product with excellent results. It does not weigh my hair down, it does give hers too much volume. It has helped with her tangles, it has given us both more shine. I really like this shampoo. I have used several of their conditioners with great success as well. I would have given it 5 lippies, but I'm not ready to call it a HG product yet.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by sunshine1102

This product is disgusting! I wanted something that was more natural for my hair, and this product made my hair oily THE NEXT DAY. Usually I can go without washing my hair for 2-3 days, which is great since my hair is super thick and wavy. (I flat iron every day) I used it with the conditioner, and it was a waste of my money, I couldn't wait for it to be used up. I used it on days I knew I would wear my hair in a bun just to get rid of it. Save your money and buy something else. Plus it smells disgusting, even my boyfriend noticed.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2009 4:08:00 PM More reviews by missrosemary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

Yuck! This made my hair flat, dry and lifeless. It's really inexpensive but it's not worth it. I wanted to try something more natural but I won't be using this ever again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by LuckE3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this stuff! I have super thick, fluffy, frizzy hair that does whatever it damn well wants. I discovered this stuff by accident in Longs Drugs, and thought I'd give it a try. That was three years ago and I still consider this my HG Shampoo (and the Aloe Vera Conditioner too). My hair is soft and shiny, the smell is incredible, fresh yet sophisticated. This shampoo is so gentle I use it to wash my dog sometimes (when I have leftover shampoo) and my makeup brushes. This stuff de-tangles really well and I truly believe it has made my hair healthier than it's been in over a decade. My only gripes about this is that they changed the bottles. I liked the older ones because it was easier to judge and you could see the color of the product. And that this stuff does contain parabens, so it's not totally natural.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2006 10:04:00 AM More reviews by hushbirdie

I love Nature's Gate shampoos, and this one is excellent! I just wish I sniffed the bottle before I bought this one. The odor is bubblegummy, but in a way that just smells like public restroom deodorizer! Since I have it, I'll use it just to finish the bottle- thankfully, the scent isn't too strong and it doesn't linger in the hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2005 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Krista61188

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG shampoo. It smells so nice, like bubblegum, but lighter and fresher. I had high hopes for this line and it passed with flying colors. I washed my hair last night, then let it air dry while I slept. I woke up and instantly touched my hair it was like touching silk. I was amazed. I brushed my hand through it and my hand did'nt get stuck. I practiclly shricked with joy. I went downstairs and looked at my hair, it was amazingly shiny. I love this product. I bought it at my health food store, they dont sell it in department stores or drug stores. By all means if I can have these kind of results oviously this company is a miracle worker. I love aloe vera. I love nature's gate. I can't rave enough. I am telling all of my friends!!!