November 25, 2014 | 1565 users online

Lip Gloss - BeneFit Cosmetics - The Gloss - Chaperone

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2008 10:37:00 PM More reviews by lgoddard2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This gloss is alright. Smell and taste are not very good, kind of chemical-ish. The color is good on me. A very good neutral. I said no to purchase again because I was just not that impressed (as I usually am with other BeneFit products)!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2007 12:25:00 PM More reviews by carriespooner

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received this one in a swap from a lovely MUA'er. She knew it would be perfect for my coloring and she was right! I'm NW20 with red hair, freckles and green eyes. This color is great for daytime. My lips have pigment so it does show nicely as a peachy nude color. So colorwise, I do love it.

I had to take two lippies off for the scent. I just really wish it didn't smell. It's a plasticky type of smell and I smell it all the time when I'm wearing it. Yes.. because it's right under my nose. I don't find that any other lippies do that even if they are fragranced. This one just lingers and I'm 'aware' of it constantly. I do have a bionic nose so it very well could be me.

Price retail was 14.00 and I would pay that for a lip gloss. Packaging was cute. Loved that too. I fear I wouldn't buy a replacement for this one unless I become used to the scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2007 1:09:00 PM More reviews by rosefleur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE IT!! I like the texture of this gloss but then I'm not a fan of sticky glosses like Lancome's Juicy Tubes. It's a pretty peachy pearly colour which looks fab over most lipsticks. It's a nice neutral shade, great for day or night. I think this shade is more suited to people with quite a lot of natural colour in their lips.

It's nice at toning down lipsticks.

For reference, I wear it over Benefit's Lip Plump and Bobbi Brown's lipstick in plum berry.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2007 7:49:00 PM More reviews by LaGitana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I was searching for a DIFFERENT nudey lipgloss, since I own MAC's C-Thru, Mad Cap and Viva Glam V and VI, and I originally intended to buy Streakin', but the sales person showed me Chaperone and I inmediately changed my mind. This color is a sparkly nudey pink, with a little more kick to it than Streakin' (this one's a little more muted). On my slightly pale lips (BTW I'm a C40, green eyes, brown hair w/highlights), the color looked sort of MLBB with sparkle. What I don't like about this glosses is the consistency: their much more liquid-y than MAC's lipglass, therefore they don't last as long, which is why I gave them 3 lippies. I also don't like their plasticky smell, a little more artificial than MAC's. The price is average ($14), the packaging is good (tube with wand applicator), and the color is nice for both daytime and nightime.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2006 1:40:00 PM More reviews by 16stars

I thought this was okay. I got this as my first lipgloss, and as time passes, i became really dissapointed with it! the color was fabulous, but the texture felt so liquidy. i have preferred if it was a little stickier.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2006 2:50:00 PM More reviews by jasanna143

A beautiful shimmery nude pink w/ a touch of peach on me at least. I love how it makes your lips pop and is perfect on top of just about any l/s. I would buy this again if I run out. It's a staple for me but so is any l/g in general! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2006 10:53:00 PM More reviews by diducdakitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

love this! the perfect pinky nude color!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2005 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Whatsername712

I highly recommend this color if you have dark hair and or medium skin. I wanted to get a Benefit gloss because benefit is for a good cause. I've been looking for a gloss that I can wear everyday without looking too over done (like my MAC Lipglass's, they're beautiful, but too much for the day) so I got this gloss, and was surprised at how pretty the color was! A light shimmery nude pink. While I love the color, the texture is much like the Covergirl Wetslicks. It doesn't stay on, but then again, not many glosses do. It's pretty, natural, and versatile. I will buy it again if I ever run out!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2005 4:14:00 PM More reviews by pinkiegurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an awful color for any fair skinned person. Looks like you glued sand on your lips.