November 24, 2014 | 1789 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kanebo - Moisture Polish Essence

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovely moisture serum aimed at a slightly younger age group than mine. Really refreshing and very soothing. Very light comfortable texture. I find that for my dry mature skin I need a bit more. The packaging has changed from the picture. The 40ml lasted 6 months of almost daily use. Highly recommend for younger, dehydrated skins.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2006 4:47:00 PM More reviews by nata779

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have mixed feelings about this product. It really is very moisturising, has a gel serum texture with tiny silver-ish beads in it. However, it leaves some film on the face, and it's too rich (surprisingly). I mean that if I apply some oil-free moisturiser on the top of it - I'll get really oily within an hour. So don't let the watery texture fool you out. I think it's good enough to go by itself. I still need to make up my mind about it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2005 1:08:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree with those reviews: very nice product, sort of deep moisturizing-refreshing...especially pleasant to use when your skin is dull and tired. I use it under Kanebo Sensai Emulsion II but also under my other day creams.***UPDATE (01/22/2007): I have tried many serums in the meantime and I still think this is one of the best hydrating serums, maybe the best that I have use. I will purchase it again, I am sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2005 12:18:00 PM More reviews by bastet

I have sensitive combo skin and get red, dry, flaky patches on my cheeks for no and any reason. Usually it's worst when the weather changes (spring, autumn), but also when I am stressed the condition gets worse. You can't really wear blush when your cheeks are flaky and foundation doesn't look good either, so I am always desperate to fight my dry, sensitive cheeks. Moisture Polish Essence is a relatively new product in the Kanebo international IB line and I was introduced to it when I got a free Kanebo facial. I've been using it for several weeks now and so far it's the best product I've tried for keeping away these dry patches.

It comes in a pump dispenser (heavy glass though) and is sort of a slightly sticky shimmery gel. You need only a tiny amount (one pump for cheeks only, two for the whole face), you're supposed to apply it after patting on lots of toner, when your skin is still wet to seal in moisture, but I've also used it without toner and it works just as well. (you don't get this plump skin feeling without toner though). I stopped using it for a week, because I reacted to a hair shampoo and wanted to wait for my skin to calm down... and the flaky patches returned.. used it again and after a few days they were gone and my cheeks feel silky and look flawless.

It's quite expensive- Euro 75.90 for 40 ml, but it should last for at least 8 months. I definitely don't want to be without this anymore! continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No