August 31, 2014 | 983 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - Disco 2000 Eye Shadow Quad

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Sheepie1813

I bought this for half off on Sephora.com. Urgh. The colors look really nice in the palette, but I am having all of the problems that other reviewers mentioned. There is barely any pigment in these shadows--especially the purple, which goes on white (!) and the black is more of a sad gray. I'm pretty young, but the glitter just looks terrible. It's rainbow glitter and it falls allllll over the place. The yellow is a nice highlighting color but just fades to glitter after about an hour. I think I have to go take this off now.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2008 3:16:00 PM More reviews by risa_ris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love these colours, love the packaging. But why does it fall all over my face? I have tried and tried again, but nothing stops it from ending up all over my cheeks.
The formulation in these shadows is all wonky, if they fixed that up I'd be using this everyday!! Best colour combos ever. Especially the glittery champagne one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2007 1:40:00 AM More reviews by crazysexycoolchick

In general, I love hard candy quads, but not this one! It has almost no pigment, just tons of chunky glitter that gets everywhere. Also, the powder is NOT soft and finely milled. It is gritty and coarse. Don't waste your money on this one gals!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2005 1:33:00 PM More reviews by mlee1112

This was my very first Hard Candy purchase. I also have the Wallflower and Hypnotic quads, and Disco is the least pigmented of the three (this one's all about the glitter!).
PROS: Love the cute compact! Great for going out or just a fun eye look (the brown and lavender colors are especially wearable for daytime). Nice variety of colors and decent staying power.
CONS: Texture is a bit gritty due to all the glitter, colors not pigmented enough IMO. And, the glitter does get everywhere! I would have to frequently check to make sure I wasn't walking around with it all over my cheeks, forehead, etc.
I wore this a LOT when I was in college but rarely reach for it now, mostly because the glitter is more appropriate for a night out. And, I still have a lot left, so I definitely won't be repurchasing.
EDIT: I recently checked the Hard Candy website, and it looks like they changed up the colors a bit (I bought mine back in 2000 or 2001). The new colors (navy instead of black, and frosted taupe instead of glittery brown) seem much more versatile and wearable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2005 8:00:00 AM More reviews by alisha_the_kitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the eyeshadow quad "Disco". Great color combinations, they look very pretty when worn together. They look good on their own, too. The mini shadow applicator and liner brush are very convenient. The eyeshadows are very glittery, so I have to hold a tissue under my eyes when applying them to prevent a lot of the glitter from falling on my face. The shadows stay on pretty well if I use an eyeshadow base.

EDIT: I just came back to edit this, and I saw that the reviewer above me noted on the color change. I have the old eyeshadow quad (with glittery black, brown, lavender and gold shades). I wore this today for the first time in a year or so, and I have to say that I'm not in love with this as much as I used to be. Of course, I'm older now. I don't wear or buy glittery shades anymore. I prefer shimmery, frosted or metallic shades. And no matter how much I try and keep the glitter under control, it somehow ends up all over my face. It's so aggravating. I wouldn't buy this again - especially since they replaced the pretty gold shade with a tacky yellow one. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2005 7:54:00 PM More reviews by PrincessVela

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've had this FOREVER! I love the colors, mirror, and the little brushes. The only thing is, there is a little too much glitter in the shadows, and the consistency is somewhat hard and gritty. The staying power is about average...I usually end up with little glitter pieces on my cheekbones after a few hours. I use the black as an eyeliner, applying it with the little slanted brush..because it's so glittery, I use it when I go out at night. The colors are very versatile; it is easy to create a subtle (yet glittery) makeup, or a more dramatic one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2004 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Luv2sparkle1067

This is such a beautiful set of shadows!!! Its totally awesome b/c you can get a look for either day or night!! I get more complements on this shadow then anything else. the brown color in it is totally cool and natural. the compact that it comes in it really cool too and its nice for your purse b/c it has a mirror too!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2004 9:12:00 PM More reviews by hair2show

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The colors are very cute...however, when you put it on, it stays more UNDER your eyes and on your face than on your lids! For the price, you think the sponge tip applicators would be a better quality! The little disco pouch is cute...but who the HELL wants to keep putting it in and out of there over and over again? I bought it because I loved the look of the frosty shade and I thought I would like the brown on my blue eyes. Although the brown was a little too rich, I could still use it but the key word here is "sparingly!". I'm not saying this is BAD, just for the price you would probably do better with just a single color you know you will use then 4 pretty ones to brag about due to the name! lol

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2004 1:40:00 PM More reviews by LIPSTIXCat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I now know what it feels like to have glitter scraping your eyeballs. :o(

This is a beautiful set of shadows - in the case. They dont go on smoothly, and if you try to "build it up" to have a bit of color going on, youll end end with glitter in your eyeballs, which is not a whole lot of fun.

Nice set of colors, not nicely made. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2003 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Lynnx47

I just wasn't impressed with the textures of the shadows... The glitter got all over my cheeks and the shadow wasn't pigmented enough and didn't blend evenly.