October 23, 2014 | 933 users online

Shampoo - Nature's Gate - Chamomile Replenishing Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by baharh

I picked up this shampoo and conditioner on a whim, while shopping at whole foods. I had used the pomegranite version of this shampoo line along time of ago and i remembered i hated it because my hair and scalp didn't feel clean. Anyway, i noticed this was the last bottle left on the shelf and wanted to find out why it was so popular. I haven't changed shampoos for over a year now since that day. It is gentle enough to use everyday, it cleans well, and leaves my hair feeling soft. The conditioner is nice and creamy too. I have thick curly color processed hair and this stuff agrees with it.....Thank God.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by ginnymat2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I come back to this shampoo occasionally but it is nothing special compared to the performance of other Nature's Gate shampoos or other shampoos in general. I actually like the scent over some of the other Nature's Gate shampoos but as far as performance it leaves my hair kind of hay-like. Its matching conditioner is light and doesn't really lend itself to my hair feeling wonderful.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by janedoe1575

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this because it was so gentle and didn't strip my red hair color but after using it for a week it made my scalp itchy and flaky. Maybe I am just having a mild allergic reaction to it, but I'm throwing this out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Christy26u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure why this hasn't gotten better reviews. Some people's sensitivity to the smell seems a little exaggerated to me, but to each his own. This hair is simple, and it works. I use the new and improved which works for color treated hair. It brings out the natural highlights in my hair and my hair looks wonderful! I adore the smell, actually. I have fine, dark blonde hair that is normally dry on the ends and can get oily at the roots. I use both the shampoo and conditioner and my hair is very balanced and happy. I rarely heat style and I can go a day without washing if I want.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Just a normal shampoo. I didn't notice any miracles or sins with this. It cleaned my hair and that's about it. It's a good value to since you only need a small amount to get a good lather and the bottle is large and costs under 4 USD, depending on where you buy it. I probably won't repurchase due to the stale floral scent (just like cheap guest room soap). I infinitely prefer the original herbal formula's scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2008 11:28:00 PM More reviews by zhenya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised this doesn't have better reviews. I've been using the "Chamomile Replenishing Shampoo" (it seems the "Herbal Chamomile Shampoo" has been renamed or replaced) for a couple weeks now, and my hair has been really happy. It's very gentle (at least on my coarse-ish thick hair) and rinses cleaner than any shampoo I can remember. However, I don't use any styling products in my hair, and I'm pretty sure this would leave product residue behind if I did... But for me, this leaves my hair incredibly soft. The price is right and the scent is mild and pleasant. I like to keep a bunch of shampoos in rotation, and this one might become a regular.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2008 7:45:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't stand the smell, it's just too cloying, I also find this very heavy and yet, dry.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2008 8:45:00 PM More reviews by laurentothemax

I bought this on a whim, used it once and immediately stuck it in a box underneath my sink. Maybe I got a bad batch but the consistency of this shampoo was more similar to hair gel and it smelled like rotten baby powder. I can't say whether it did anything for my hair because i rinsed it and used my normal shampoo right afterwards just so i wouldn't power-vomit from the smell of this one. it gets two lippies because its really inexepensive, so i wasn't completely infuriated with myself for never using this stuff again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2007 9:18:00 PM More reviews by saintsvalentine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This a review for Nature's Gate *replenishing* chamomile shampoo for color treated hair. The one in the white bottle with pink letters. I normally use redken so soft shampoo, but i couldn't find it one day so I bought this instead. Its fragrance is the best of any shampoo i've ever used. It's very nice. I also really like the bottle.It lathers great - and most importantly, i feel good about the ingredients and the company's no animal testing/no animal byproducts policy. I also have dry, damaged dyed hair and this works just as well as my redken shampoo. It makes my hair shiny and feeling really clean, but not dried out. My HG shampoo; if you use with conditioner your hair will smell perfumy the entire day, but I like this because the smell is very light and pleasant.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2007 5:46:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I believe this product is now called Chamomile Replenishing Shampoo. I bought it because I was curious to try a natural shampoo, but I'm not impressed with this. It leaves my fine, almost-oily hair feeling stiff and dry. I will not repurchase. Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Equisetum Hiemale (Horsetail) Extract, Geranium Maculatum (Geranium) Extract, Hedychium Coronarium (Hawaiian Ginger/Awapuhi) Root Extract, Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, Bisabolol, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Ergocalciferol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance.
continued >>