Maybelline Express Finish in Blushing Bride

3.8

on 8/15/2010 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very pretty color, but very streaky application. Blushing Bride is a pretty milky nude that applies sheer but with lots of streaks. It gives nails a polished look with one coat, and I think one coat is all you can get before the streaking starts to happen. Didn't notice the drying time to be very long, but what's the point if the nail polish coats unevenly? Even though its a super pretty and natural color, I would not buy this again.

on 3/28/2009 1:49:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this color, but the application is terrible. Streaky, dries slow (ok, not slow but slow enough to get messed up in between) and just a PITA to apply.

If you are considering this color, I suggest Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Bamboo Shoot instead. Same color (maybe a tiny bit pinker), but waaay better application! I wrote a review about that one too, and it has become my go to sheer, as it is everything I wanted blushing bride to be but without the application frustration!

on 8/23/2008 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

pleasantly surprised by this product. gave me a nice subtle opaguey pink. streaked abit, but dries really quickly.

a cheap alternative to OPI's superior polishes.

on 7/7/2008 8:43:00 AM

I love this color! I'm wearing it right now! Slightly streaky, but if applied carefully and with two coats, you're good to go. You MUST let the first coat dry a few minutes before you do the second, or you'll get bubbles! Its quick dry so it goes very quickly. This product is one of my make-up case must haves!

on 7/3/2008 11:24:00 PM

Well, this was a huge disappointment. I got this after seeing the great reviews here but after having tried this polish I have to agree with the previous reviewer. This is indeed horribly streaky. For this to be at all even you need to apply 4 coats, at which point the polish looks messy. In addition to this, the polish takes forever to dry. I ended up taking the whole thing off. I may use this with only 1 or 2 coats for a transparent look although it will still look streaky. Finally, the color itself is nice but not outstanding. I wonder now whether the formulation of this was recently changed; there's no other explanation for the huge difference between the reviews here and what I experienced with this product.

on 7/2/2008 11:43:00 AM

A lovely shade of sheer whitish pink, but the application... bleh. Streaky, streaky, streaky. And that is *with* a ridge-filling base. I simply could not get this to apply evenly, which makes even the prettiest of sheers look shabby as a mani, IMO. There are plenty of better brands out there with similar sheer pinks. For one: China Glaze Hope Chest is practically a duplicate of this shade, and a ChG has the superior formula.

on 6/5/2008 9:57:00 AM

I have found three absolutely wonderful and amazing products because of makeupalley and this is one of them. I simply can not rave about this enough. I have been looking for this color forever. It is the perfect sheer whitish, pinkish, color ever - and it looks amazing with a tan! This is the color I always wanted my fingernails to be and never quite managed to get right (the closest I came was by layering Sugar Daddy and Limousine both by Essie). Not only do I absolutely ADORE the color, but it also really does dry in a couple of minutes. I can not even believe it. I HATE getting manicures and will do almost anything to avoid them. This has saved me buckets of time, and more importantly - money!!!! I love this product. This is my HG nail polish. I say that without a single reservation. I am so grateful to MUA for helping me find this. P.S. I don't use this on my toenails because it's too sheer.

Blushing Bride is a creamy-milky color that I instantly fell in love with when I saw it at the store. I'm wearing it on my toes now (a few coats were needed so it didn't look translucent) and it looks so chic! I lovelovelove this polish.

on 4/23/2008 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Blushing Bride isn't my favourite polish at all. If you have the time to apply it very neatly, then this might work, although you'll probably get frustrated. The coats never seem to be even; this polish streaks quite a lot. Two coats doesn't seem to even it out that much. It's a sheer, milky white with just a hint of pink with lots of shine. It dries quickly to a nice sheen and slight hint of (streaky) colour. My skin tone doesn't like pinky (nude) colours, as my nails are naturally very pink, so I like to even them out with a milky white colour. Unfortunately, I don't exactly love this; as it is just too streaky to apply and the more coats you apply to try and even them, it just gets thick and gluggy and doesn't seem to help. Not pretty. But I love the price; you get heaps in one bottle.

on 4/16/2008 12:12:00 PM

Absolutely fabulous color! Classic, chic and the best part- super cheap! This color is a go to when you want a quick, natural and polished nail. Applies evenly, doesn't chip and gives yours nails a clean, salon fresh look even if they're not in great shape to begin with. I think a sheer, french nail looks so fab and after trying OPI's Funny Bunny and Peace, Baby I decided to try something else that didn't chip 2 hours after I applied polish! This is definitely winner.

Popular Polishes