Ouidad Curl Quencher Conditioner

3.6

on 6/23/2013 9:17:00 AM

I hate her prices, but can't live without Ouidad products. My fine wavy hair is never better than when I use them. You can get a travel size set to try them cheaper.

I use this set - Climate Control gel, Curl Quencher shampoo and conditioner, occasionally Botanical Boost Leave-in for curl support, Styling Mist hair spray and occasional Deep Treatment for shine. I also do ACV rinses twice a week and occasionally throw in Coconut Oil or Coconut Milk pre-shampoo treatments. When I henna my hair in tandem with these, the health, thickness and shine of my hair is even better.

Hope this helps.

on 4/29/2013 10:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I purchased the shampoo and conditioner- I can't really think of them individually, so I'll review both here.

I have waist length curly hair (I'm half Persian if that helps with knowing the consistency) that I started paying more attention to it a couple years ago when it began looking really shiny and healthy, seemingly of it's own accord. I always alternate between cheaper drugstore shampoos/conditioners (I like John Frieda's Root Awakening) and more expensive ones. I've steered toward experimenting with the latter lately, figuring they'll be better for my hair. I want to find the absolute best. My favorite so far has been Biolage's Hydratherapie. Recently I used some of my roommate's shampoo for black hair and loved the effect. I figured using hair care specifically designed for curls couldn't go wrong. That's where this came in. No! I'm completely unimpressed with the Ouidad Curl Quencher Set. I paid $30 for the shampoo and conditioner at Ulta with my 20% discount... as a college student, that's kind of a lot. No big deal if it actually made my hair look nice, but it doesn't. I'm annoyed I chose to experiment with this over using the discount on my tried and true Biolage. Since I started using Ouidad, my hair went from looking pretty to looking blah. It's not a complete mess, but it just doesn't look as good as it normally does. I would like that the conditioner defines my curls- if it didn't come at the expense of making my hair look greasy and weighed down. I've been trying to stick to a regime where I only wash every other day, but Ouidad Curl Quencher makes it really difficult. I made it to third-day hair recently and it looked disgusting- like I had gone months without washing. I also feel like I may have more split ends, or maybe they're just more apparent. I'm only halfway through the bottles and I'm about ready to cut my losses and have pretty hair again. I gave one lippie for the shampoo smelling uncommonly good.

7/5
I've updated it to three lippies. Not sure if my hair got used to it, but it started looking a lot better, though a bit weighed down. I especially appreciate it since I bought John Frieda's new hydrate and nourish Root Awakening set, which leaves my hair dry, frizzy, and snarly. A shame because I loved the old Breakage-Prone formula... but I'll save that for its page.

on 12/4/2012 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Like all Ouidad products, this one does what it says - it conditions pretty well. Works best when used with the Ouidad shampoo.

But for my dry hair, I find coconut oil does a muchhh better job than any conditioner out there, so I won't be buying this again.

on 3/19/2012 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought Ouidad Curl Quencher Shampoo on a big sale and they gave me a one-use (maybe 2 tops) sample of this for free. Its's not bad - but does not smell nice (none of the Ouidad products smell good to me.). After one use I can't really give it a fair evaluation as it takes me a week or two to assess build-up and other issues - but for one use it was fine. I won;t buy Ouidad products again. I like Phyto, Kerastase and Redken better.

on 1/23/2012 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was anxious to try Ouidad products - even though I have only wavy hair. They had a 15% off sale, so I got this, a sample of the curl quencher conditioner 9didn;t use it yet) and the deep treatment.

,br>
This shampoo seems OK, but I need to use it for a few more consecutive days to make a final comment. So far it doea moisturize and does not strip color. It does not smell great though - not awful but a bit chemically.
So far, I like Kerastase much better.

on 9/19/2011 10:54:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I've only used this product for less than a week, and I already can feel a difference in my hair. I have fine, permed and coloured hair- obviously damaged by all the chemical treatments. Before using this conditioner, my hair was very dry and always in tangles after a shower. However, this conditioner helped to soften and moisturize my damaged hair, and now i no longer have tangles after a shower! I also like the pleasant scent of this conditioner too. Definitely a good conditioner for dry and damaged (permed) hair. Would most probably repurchase.

This has been one of the better conditioners I've come across in my quest for a replacement for Body Shop's Brazil Nut Moisture Mask (I'm trying everything. I'm probably at about 10 different products by now). After using it for about a month my hair did feel softer, but it was difficult to detangle in the shower. I have curly/wavy hair and being able to get all my knots out during bath time is important to me. So although this product isn't terrible, it's just not right for me. I'd recommend it for those with straight hair and minimal tangle issues.

on 7/12/2010 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I asked for a sample of both this and the matching shampoo from Sephora, washed and conditioned my hair with it twice, and can't recommend the product. I have long, thin, curly hair, and I like that neither one of the products dried out my hair or left any residue or buildup. However, I also didn't find them particularly moisturizing, and my hair wasn't left any softer, healthier, or shinier. My main complaint with the Curl Quencher products, however, is that they seemed to work against the natural texture of my hair. After air drying, my hair definitely picked up more curl and wasn't as loose and wavy as usual. However, because my hair is thin, it gets tangled and gunked up with product easily. So unlike a lot of other girls with curly hair, I comb my dry hair frequently and rarely put product in it. And I don't think that this shampoo and conditioner is made for that. I think these products are ideal if you have curly hair that you wash, style, and then don't touch until the next time you wash it again. Because the more I combed my hair, slept on it, put it up, took it down, went about my day, the worse it looked. This caused more frizz, flyaways, and less curl definition than I like, so I wouldn't recommend them to anyone with similar hair texture or anyone who doesn't like to put product in their hair to hold the definition of a curl.

on 3/14/2010 1:14:00 PM

I use this along with the Curl Quenching Shampoo and I love it! I have coarse curly hair and this makes my hair look shiny and healthy without the frizz.

on 3/2/2010 10:13:00 PM

My daughter and I both have wavy/curly hair (her hair is more curlier and mine is more wavier)...... I have had success with WEN however, my little girl uses other product lines and her hair has been a mess lately ....... I purchased for her both DevaCurl and Ouidad and Ouidad worked great on her hair (DevaCurl, not so much) ......... I purchased Ouidad years ago for myself but obviously did not make much of an impression on me because I cannot remember anything about it ........ I now purchased the Ouidad Curl Quencher Conditioner and matching shampoo and was impressed by how nice it made my little girl's hair, that I tried it out and have to say I like it alot as well ...... the shampoo did not feel very moisturizing, (my wet hair felt dry and I thought that I would hate Ouidad) however, after using the matching conditoner, I felt a difference in how quickly it moisturized and conditioned my hair (WEN and Ouidad are the only two products that I note a real difference and my comb just glides through my wet hair) ....... After towel drying my hair, I added a bit of Living Proof Wave Defining Cream, (another item purchased for my daughter to tame her curls) let my hair air dry and am pleased with my results. Ouidad Curl Quencher Shampoo and matching conditoner is a hit for me and especially for my daughter. (My hair still looks and feels better with WEN, but I will use Ouidad as my secondary line.)