The Body Shop Powder Plus Foundation

4.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

As a spot-prone, oily, teenager, an effective powder is one of the most important things to have in my makeup bag; this product is certainly it. When purchasing these powders, I find myself using them up very quickly as the coverage is so great. I apply them before and after my concealer, aswell as after my foundation. Although it is extremely easy to blend and provides good coverage, when I use my Body Shop Foundation with it, it enhances the foundation and concealers oiliness, which makes my skin almost look greasy. Not a fab look.

Despite this, the packaging is cute as it comes with a mirror and a section where you are able to keep your sponge to apply it to your face. However, I find that the powder itself breaks easy (but that may be to taking it everywhere with me) and the packaging does not always click into place, allowing the powder to smudge in the inside of my bag as it does not close properly.

Overall, It's coverage is extremely good but it does not matte my oily skin as much as I would have hoped. The packaging is helpful, but is not 100% reliable. It's a good value for money, and I would recommend buying it.

on 2/19/2013 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

It's a great product for people with oily or combination skin. It has a good coverege, it looks nice and a little goes a long way. However, on my dry skin it looked cakey and it kind of peeled off on my nose and forehead. The product is good quality, but it's suitable for certaing types of skin; it's obvious. I don't know why I bought it in the first place knowing my skin type :-?

on 11/11/2011 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my most raved about powder! I use it every day to set my concealer, and to mattify my skin and and add a bit of pigmentation to my skin. It's a light powder, you can't feel it once it's on the skin, and it's soft and easy to blend!

I'm on my third compact! I use them up until I have to SCRAPE powder from the edges! It doesn't have a lot of coverage, but it's not translucent.

I use shade 3 on my tan nw25 skin!

on 3/9/2011 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I cannot explain how much I love this product! My shade is in 01. Whenever I wear this everybody compliments me on how my skin looks like it's glowing-however it does sparkle in the light (which isn't actually bad haha). I find that this looks extremely natural and especially when I take a separate fluffy brush and set this under/around my eyes it makes my eyes glow and stand out as well as the fact that it looks so natural! It takes away the wet look I get from my tinted moisturizer (and I occasionally wear concealer) and it makes my face look matte and glowy! It gives me so much of a glow and I cannot stress how much of a glow I get haha. It might be because this is the perfect shade and product for my skin but I really do think you should try it especially if your shade is close to 01 because I have had such a good experience with it. I would definitely say it is comparable-possibly even much better than MAC's MSF powder. The price is okay but it is cheaper than a lot of other really good quality products.

on 5/27/2010 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

is a bit dry for my skin

on 12/18/2009 6:02:00 AM

This gives a nice light coverage without feeling heavy. I find this a bit pore clogging during the summer if I use too much on my cheeks, but it works well on my t-zone. It doesn't give much coverage so if you're looking for a good cover up this should probably be used with a foundation or concealer. For the price, the product lasts a long time and the silver compact is so cute! Overall I'm happy with it and will buy again.

on 6/18/2009 7:09:00 AM

I am a liquid foundation girl.
BUT, great coverage for a powder - tho settles into my old lady eye wrinkles and makes me look atrocious - So I intend to use it as a powder in the T zone. If you are a powder foundation person - than by all means - it's got a great buildable coverage... and has a nice middle of the road price... and who doesnt love a trip to body shop :)

on 6/9/2008 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Very nice, finely milled powder with medium coverage. The silver compact is gorgeous, very retro-chic, imo! I find this a tad pore clogging if i use it every day all over my face. However, I love how this makes my pores disappear so what i usually do is use TBS Flawless Skin Protecting foundation (which in itself is a beauty treatment b/c it seriously improves the actual texture and clarity of my skin) all over and then i use this powder with a small fluffy brush just over my t-zone (avoiding cheeks, which is where i'm prone to pore-clogging). Since the 02 shade is a tad light than what i need for foundation, this method allows me to use it just where i have dark shadows, so i supposed i use it more as a highlighter than an actual foundation.

This combo works perfectly to keep me polished and matte all day.

For my NC15/20 winter skin i use shade 02.

on 2/2/2008 9:20:00 PM

Great coverage....similar to shishedo powder foundation....only cheaper.

after trying alot of foundations i went back to my old choice. i used to use body shop all in one face powder when i was in high school. after that i tried mac,lancome,prescriptives and clinique but wasn't satisfied. so i decided to give the body shop a try. to my surprise when i went to the store i found out that the ugly package has been changed but the colors are the same. i fell in love with the product right after i used it. it gives such a natural look and i use it with the body shop's vitamin c face spritz and serum instead of a moisturizer, it does wonders in summers. for the price of $16.50. this product is sure worth it.