October 2, 2014 | 1338 users online

Masks - Mario Badescu - whitening mask

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Econobabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this whitening mask. It smells great, it even helped me stop smoking. When I got the urge to light up a cigarette, I would distract myself with the beautiful scent of this product while doing the mask treatment. It brightens up your skin evenly. It really does seem to work, and I would buy it if I had more money. I would consider this a luxury item, if you want to really pamper yourself, try this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by BarefootedALIEN

This product definitely worked the first few times I used it. The lightening affects are subtle and very gentle. However, I noticed I was getting tiny pimples where I used it AND my face began getting redder. After a few hours, it would disappear or I could use make up to hide it. I discontinued use, and I don't miss it. I read on "Paula's choice," that because of the jar packaging, the product looses its potency. I don't know what happened in my case. I used it several times, saw good results and then more acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2014 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Lefox92

Not a fan of this product.
The positives are: it smells nice, spreads on easily, a little goes a long way
The negatives are: it's leaves a heavy clay residue on the face that no amount of soap can wash off (like, after you rinse it off, your skin looks clean, but actually you can still feel the heaviness of the clay in your pores), it doesn't work: after 3 weeks of using it 3 times a week my skin has shown no signs of improvement from acne scarring, uneven skin tone and sun damage, lastly for this reason I don't think it's good value for money.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by emarieet

I have combination skin and I break out very easily. I also have redness on my chin. After I use this product, my face feels refreshed, smooth and the redness is reduced. I love the smell and I use this when my face breaks out but I usually do it two to three times a week. You don't need much when you put it on. Along with the Whitening Mask the other products I use from Mario Badescu are: Flower and Tonic Mask. Drying Lotion, Cucumber Cleansing Lotion and Special Healing Powder. I believe all of these products have made a big difference in my acne. I break out less and I don't have to wear makeup anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Galaxydreamz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Use;
Almost every other night as a spot treatment (leave it on the whole night)

Pros;
-SLOWLY lightens hyperpigmentation
-nice calming effect on skin
-skin is smooth after mask
-no strong smell
-not drying
-Product lasts awhile (even though jar looks tiny for the price)

Cons;
-No immediate results
-flakes like crazy if you leave it over night
-doesn't cure zits
-doesn't prevent acne marks

Basically, this jar has lasted me three months. It has helped lighten old acne marks a bit (any progress is great progress). Like it and will repurchase when done. I do recommend using another spot treatment for active zits though because this wont do much.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by GoingCoen

I like this mask when its on and I like the results that it gives, however, the reason why i gave it 3 lippies, is because 1, it leaves this weird waxy residue on my face thats really hard to get off, and I'm not the only one that gets it, and 2, JAR PACKAGING. stop with this! jar packaging makes all of the antioxidants and all the beneficial ingredients in ANY product go bad! the product goes bad so much faster with jar packaging! But it is a good mask and I have noticed changes in my pigmentation so I guess it does what it says.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 4:46:00 AM More reviews by Bellajean2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my opinion, this mask is wonderful!. In four days this mask has reduced my post acne hyper pigmentation by over 60%. It is such a great feeling to get fast results as I've had these marks for over a year now.
I used this mask at night and left it on. I mixed some 15% glycolic acid gel with some whitening mask and spot treated over night. I have also been using the glycolic gel 3-4 days a week at night. Try this if your skin is used to glycolic acid, otherwise it may cause too much redness and irritation! Maybe in a few more weeks the marks will be completely gone....Patience is the key!

I really hope this information helps....

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

This mask is really nice for people who have acne scars. I don't think it does much for like dark age spots, but I do notice an improvement in my acne scars (even the really old ones)
I apply this once a week for about 20 minutes, and I do like the results so far. I have not broken out or had any weird skin reaction to this product (or any of the MB products) which makes me really happy! It says on the "tub" that you can use this 2-3 times a week, but I do find it a bit drying so I stick to once a week.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by linachu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This masks does slightly reduce my acne marks. I use this once a week all over my face, and 2-3 times a week at night dotted onto the marks. It may not 100% remove dark spots but my face does look brighter after using it. It also helps to dry up pesky whiteheads and clear pores. It smells sweet and has a very strange consistency. The packaging is not hygienic, but I'm not too bothered since I wash my hands.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by maysundstrom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nothing special really, will not buy this again.