April 20, 2014 | 1962 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - INTENSE XXL mascara

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ive tried a few maybelline double ended mascaras and this is the worst I have tried from them. I have straight, short lashes. The primer made them stick together and the mascara part made it even worse. It doesnt hold a curl and it flakes alot on me :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 6:20:00 AM More reviews by ooohdiamonds

Great mascara- it really accentuates my lashes. It is not clumpy and reasonably priced for the decent quality product you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by AUSSIEMUMMA

Great mascara that gives a very dramatic look to lashes. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by BriannaSlone

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this mascara! I'm Asian so my lashes are almost nonexistent. This mascara gives me a super full flirty look with a coat of one of each end. The brush size is perfect to get all of the smaller lashes. The formula dries quickly, step 2 can be applied quickly after. It's definitely my HG drugstore mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 4:20:00 AM More reviews by mrsyogantoro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm not a mascara-person but I can say that this is the best mascara I've ever bought! I always have difficulties to curling and lengthen my short and flat asian lashes, but this mascara would work for me. The primer absolutely made my lashes twice longer, unfortunately they are in white color so it was a little bit hard to cover them with the black one. A little cons because it may clumps a bit if you swatch too much. But overall I really like this product. Too bad it's discontinued in my area.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by AppleBlossom012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have extremely straight eyelashes that are beyond difficult to maintain curl and length. I also have really bad luck with drug store mascaras and tend to purchase high-end ones due to the fact that they have a better curling and lasting power. The difference in prices is ridiculous though. $20 or $8?? I was convinced that there must be a good drugstore product and after watching a video of a girl on Youtube with a similar dilemma using XXL, I decided to check it out. THIS REALLY WORKS! You know from right of the bat that the magic behind this product is the white primer. WHY THEY DON'T SELL THE PRIMER ALONE IS MESMERIZING. I could purchase tons of this. It LENGTHENS, CURLS, and DOES NOT FLAKE. I would recommend NOT purchasing the WATERPROOF version simply because it is NOT WATERPROOF and because you would need an oil-based makeup remover to get it off. That simple negative aside, this is one of the BEST DRUGSTORE MASCARAS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Maybelline Intense XXL Volume+Length Microfiber Mascara is a lash primer and mascara duo. I purchased it in Gloss for $8.99 AUD, I think it was on sale. I haven't seen this mascara in any US stores. I'm not sure why as I think this is a great mascara.
I'll start off by reviewing Step 1, the microfiber lash primer. Like most lash primers, its white and a little goopy. Not goopy in a way that would clump your lashes, but in a thickening way. The primer seems to have a lot of microfibers visible in it and I find it very lengthening and a bit thickening. Sometimes I even wear it with other mascaras. I've only tried 2 other lash primers and this one certainly tops them in both lengthening and thickening.
Now for the actual mascara. As I've said before, I love Maybelline mascaras and this is no exception. Combined with the primer this is very lengthening while keeping my lashes looking fairly natural. Like other Maybelline mascaras I have no flaking, smudging, itching, or irritation. I get all day wear from this.
Removal is easy due to the microfiber base, but is fairly water resistant without makeup remover.
Both the primer and mascara have the same long, thing, straight brush with traditional bristles. The shape of the brush makes it easy to get right to the roots of the lashes for extra volume and length. The tapered tip also helps to get into the inner corners for those small lashes.
I definitely recommend this excellent mascara duo if you can find it. I hope it's not discontinued, as I really want to repurchase it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by alee26

I hated this mascara. It was very clumpy and the formula made my lashes clump together. I would use the primer side first followed by the mascara, but every-time the layering process would create clumps and give me spidery lashes. I ended up finishing the product by just using the mascara side, but using it alone didn't provide much definition for my short thin lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by beztanya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't even know how many of these mascaras I've used over the years - it is most certainly my HG among drugstore mascaras. It works great on my lashes, and even better than Lancome Definicils or Hypnose. I am still looking for myHG in the high end, but I know that I will always be coming back to the XXL.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by trinitycharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

On my average length, stick straight, Asian lashes, this was "okay". Nothing special. It only made my lashes look SLIGHTLY darker, and SLIGHTLY thicker....but didn't do much for length. It didn't take too long to dry, but the tube dried out fast on me. This also flaked a little bit, and always made my eyes kind of red after a while. I've bought this tube twice (first time was recommended by my Asian friend; second time just to try it out again). I'm moving on. Don't understand why a lot of Asians like this.

***MASCARAS I'VE TRIED:
-L'Oreal Voluminous (1x)
-Almay Bright Eyes in Black Sapphire (1x)
-Estee Lauder Magnascopic (3x)
-Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara
-Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara (4x...favorite so far)
-Tarte Lights Camera Lashes (1x)
-Clinique High Impact (1x)
-Maybelline Lash Stilleto (1x)
-Bad Gal (2x)