Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara

3.3

on 7/1/2014 5:57:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I love this mascara. It defines and lengthens my lashes with the first sweep and then adds volume with the second. I find the best results are had with 2 thin coats of each side. 2 white then 2 black.
I would also sweep the brush downward on the tops of my upper lashes to get rid of any left over white color. Works like a charm!
I would definitely purchase again but unfortunately this product has been discontinued in my province (or all of Canada for all I know...). So sad :(

on 5/9/2014 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm not even sure which mascara I used but I know it was Meybelline XXL. It was the best mascara I have tried and made my lashes look amazing.

on 1/14/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Ive tried a few maybelline double ended mascaras and this is the worst I have tried from them. I have straight, short lashes. The primer made them stick together and the mascara part made it even worse. It doesnt hold a curl and it flakes alot on me :(

on 5/29/2013 6:20:00 AM

Great mascara- it really accentuates my lashes. It is not clumpy and reasonably priced for the decent quality product you get.

on 1/3/2013 1:18:00 AM

Great mascara that gives a very dramatic look to lashes. Love this!

on 12/28/2012 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love this mascara! I'm Asian so my lashes are almost nonexistent. This mascara gives me a super full flirty look with a coat of one of each end. The brush size is perfect to get all of the smaller lashes. The formula dries quickly, step 2 can be applied quickly after. It's definitely my HG drugstore mascara.

on 9/25/2012 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I'm not a mascara-person but I can say that this is the best mascara I've ever bought! I always have difficulties to curling and lengthen my short and flat asian lashes, but this mascara would work for me. The primer absolutely made my lashes twice longer, unfortunately they are in white color so it was a little bit hard to cover them with the black one. A little cons because it may clumps a bit if you swatch too much. But overall I really like this product. Too bad it's discontinued in my area.

I have extremely straight eyelashes that are beyond difficult to maintain curl and length. I also have really bad luck with drug store mascaras and tend to purchase high-end ones due to the fact that they have a better curling and lasting power. The difference in prices is ridiculous though. $20 or $8?? I was convinced that there must be a good drugstore product and after watching a video of a girl on Youtube with a similar dilemma using XXL, I decided to check it out. THIS REALLY WORKS! You know from right of the bat that the magic behind this product is the white primer. WHY THEY DON'T SELL THE PRIMER ALONE IS MESMERIZING. I could purchase tons of this. It LENGTHENS, CURLS, and DOES NOT FLAKE. I would recommend NOT purchasing the WATERPROOF version simply because it is NOT WATERPROOF and because you would need an oil-based makeup remover to get it off. That simple negative aside, this is one of the BEST DRUGSTORE MASCARAS.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Maybelline Intense XXL Volume+Length Microfiber Mascara is a lash primer and mascara duo. I purchased it in Gloss for $8.99 AUD, I think it was on sale. I haven't seen this mascara in any US stores. I'm not sure why as I think this is a great mascara.
I'll start off by reviewing Step 1, the microfiber lash primer. Like most lash primers, its white and a little goopy. Not goopy in a way that would clump your lashes, but in a thickening way. The primer seems to have a lot of microfibers visible in it and I find it very lengthening and a bit thickening. Sometimes I even wear it with other mascaras. I've only tried 2 other lash primers and this one certainly tops them in both lengthening and thickening.
Now for the actual mascara. As I've said before, I love Maybelline mascaras and this is no exception. Combined with the primer this is very lengthening while keeping my lashes looking fairly natural. Like other Maybelline mascaras I have no flaking, smudging, itching, or irritation. I get all day wear from this.
Removal is easy due to the microfiber base, but is fairly water resistant without makeup remover.
Both the primer and mascara have the same long, thing, straight brush with traditional bristles. The shape of the brush makes it easy to get right to the roots of the lashes for extra volume and length. The tapered tip also helps to get into the inner corners for those small lashes.
I definitely recommend this excellent mascara duo if you can find it. I hope it's not discontinued, as I really want to repurchase it.

on 8/6/2011 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hated this mascara. It was very clumpy and the formula made my lashes clump together. I would use the primer side first followed by the mascara, but every-time the layering process would create clumps and give me spidery lashes. I ended up finishing the product by just using the mascara side, but using it alone didn't provide much definition for my short thin lashes.

Popular Mascaras