September 21, 2014 | 2019 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Miss Clairol Conditioning Haircolor

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 10:33:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I go to 2 different colorists in 2 different salons.
My "old school" colorist uses "Old school" miss Clairol - and guess what?? It works - it comes in a nice 6R/6RV which I love and it covers grey (I am about 5-10% grey mostly at the temples).

It lasts a solid 7-8 weeks and does not turn brassy unless I have alot of sun exposure.

No issues here - and I have very fair skin that eats up color!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by dzoys

I get my hair highlighted for 15 years and every colorist manages to not understand how to get my highlights the alpine tone. Clairol has these awesome 9 level colors. Arctic blonde is a blue base, which i mix equally with flaxen blonde, a blue-violet base. It ALWAYS corrects the yellow tinge (which only i seem to notice in the first place).

The new SOY line does the job as well. (yes i use shimmer lights, when that is not enough, clairol is net in line) 15 minutes max of clairol developed with #10 peroxide developer saved many colorists from getting beaten down). I also apply it to shampooed hair for the water weakens the peroxide even more (i do not desire lift and my hair lifts so easily- turns RED in the sun).

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by lizlowden

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used Miss Clairol permanent hair color 88N (light neutral blonde)for over 40 years with great results. Unfortunately the new Soy based product is not true to color and does not cover grey. It has lots of red and washes out after only a few washes. (This is also a blessing since the color is terrible.)

I have tried Wella 8N (little too dark) and also L'Oreal 9 Pastel Blonde (N) Not as good as the ORIGINAL Miss Clairol but much better than the Clairol NEW IMPROVED PRODUCT WITH SOY.

Miss Clairol was a very good reliable color. Since it was not broken, why did they insist on fixing it? I am done with Miss Clairl products.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Sunkissed27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've used every boxed drugstore dye in the world and in the past 2 years I started purchasing dye from Sally's also(I always switch brands), I have to say Miss Clairol and L'Oreal Feria are my all time favs. I always get results that aren't darker then shown which is my prob with most dye. My natural color is dark brown and I always use light-medium brown shades. Miss Clairol is the only dye I've stocked up on. Right now I use Lightest Neutral Brown and love it. I highly reccomend it, it hasn't damaged my hair at all and I never get brassiness even with golden brown shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by trulls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Shade I used: blondest strawberry

Somehow I always thought that Wella was better, due to their really smart color guides, but as it turns out (at least in my experience), Clairol is a better match. Perfect blonde shades are always a bit tricky to produce, and most people want a cooler outcome. I, on the other hand, am a sucker for warmth and have had a tough job chasing after the right hue. Until now. This shade is warm, natural and lively, yet bright. It keeps that greenish tint at bay, and it will never look artificial. Yes, the formula has a really strong chemical smell, but all products like this have, so don't stick your curious nose down the bottle (I did). If a cooler, ashier shade is desired, "blondest strawberry" isn't going to be satisfying. But if you long for that creamy, buttery blonde with a slight rose gold tint, this product is excellent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by purplebird

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used Miss Clairol Brass Busters in 5AA to tone down the school-bus yellow brassiness in my dyed hair. It did the trick nicely. I got ash brown hair. This is why: 5AA has a blue-violet base, which is perfect for cancelling out orange-yellow. It isn't often that you find ash shades that are not green based. This is a useful ash color. Sure, it fades eventually, but they all do. If your brown hair has developed taxi yellow highlights, this will dampen them. Find it at Sally Beauty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I usually use L'Oreal Preference Beige Blonde, however over the summer my hair got a bit too warm for my liking, and no matter what I did the box dye didn't cool the blonde enough. So I bought two bottles of Miss Clairol ~ one in Winter Wheat (regular line, beige blonde, violet base) and one in Flaxen Blonde (in the Brass Busters line, ash blonde, blue-violet base) along with 30 volume developer. I have long hair so I needed to use both and mixed them in with 4 ounces of Pure White developer and UnRed. I left it on for 40 minutes, rinsed and conditioned. My hair is definitely much cooler, same level 9 blonde - not quite ash, not quite beige, somewhere in between. My hair feels very silky and I had no issues whatsoever with sensitivity or hair damage. For reference I am normally a dark, dishwater blonde and have been dyeing my fine, long hair for years. I am extremely happy with my results and will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by holleyann090

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i've never done an all over color on my hair. i had red highlights and wanted to cover them up. my hair turned out perfect. i love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used the Clairol Professional soy creme complex the last two times I colored my hair,and before that Nice n Easy for years, and overall I loved it, but I wanted it to cover my gray a little bit better. My hubby and kids said they didn't notice any gray, but I did when I look closely in the mirror. I'm about 25% gray. So I decided to try the Miss Clairol, largely based on all the good reviews on MUA. I used a level 6n gray busters (1/2 oz) and level 7 dusk blonde (1 1/2 oz) mixed with 2 oz 20 creme developer (I had bought a big bottle to mix with the creme haircolor and thought, what's the difference? I probably should not have done that, but at this point I don't notice that it mattered). I read on the Clairol pro website how to mix the graybusters with the other colors. The color turned out really nice; it's a nice dark blonde, but I don't notice that it covered my grays any better than the creme formula. I can still see a few.
I much prefer mixing and applying the creme color to this. The smell is much nicer, almost non existent, and I love the thickness. I didn't notice really bad fading with that one, even though other reviewers complained of it. Miss Clairol stunk terribly (as soon as I opened one of the bottles it was very overwhelming, strong and bad) and was really drippy, even with the creme developer. I'll see how long my color lasts without fading, but at this point I'll stick with the soy protein complex, or if I'm in a hurry and it's on sale, Nice n Easy.
24 hours later: I do NOT know why this is called "conditioning hair color." This morning in the shower I wet my hair and applied conditioner; and tonight my hair still feels like STRAW. It's way worse than when I used Nice n Easy (store brand!!). Plus I still smell that nasty chemical smell floating around my head. The color has to stay perfect for at least three weeks for me to use this stuff again.
Another note: I thought it faded fast, but all haircolor I use fades fast on me. But, I goofed when I mixed it up. I was mixing colors and only added 1 1/2 oz color instead of the 2 oz I was supposed to, so that didn't help me, I'm sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by FlameDancer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The color choices in the lighter end of the spectrum are amazing. I used to be a tried and true Wella brand redhead, but when I went to a strawberry blonde color, nothing looked natural or light enough in the Wella line. I found Miss Clairol Blondest Strawberry, and I'm madly in love. If I use it alone with a 40 vol. on my dark brown hair, I get a really natural, light auburn red color, and if I use it over pre-lightened hair or mix it with one of their high lift blonde shades, I get an amazing, glowing, bright strawberry blonde that everyone thinks is natural. Seriously, more than one natural redhead thought I was a natural redhead too.

As far as damage goes, it's going to make your hair a little drier and a little more brittle just like *any* dye will, but it also leaves your hair feeling really soft and shining like crazy, like any *good* dye will. The damage is nothing a really good haircare routine can't handle, and there's nothing like that bright, shiny look and soft feel of freshly dyed hair. I love it!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No