Revlon Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Charcoal

3.6

on 12/21/2014 4:58:00 AM

I love the colour of this liner, it's perfect for day-time wear. But, and this is a deal breaker for me, it doesn't apply smoothly. I have to go over again and again and even then it looks patchy/uneven close ups. Also it takes a vigorous rub trying to take it off. I am sure there are better alternatives out there, so I will not repurchase.

on 4/16/2014 11:58:00 AM

I can't speak to longevity yet, but as for color, I love it!!! It is a true charcoal shade. I have almost black hair, lashes and brows. I was using Rimmel Taupe eyeliner for a soft thickening effect on my mascara-less lashes. Then the thought of using a charcoal color came to me and it seemed brilliant. Of course black works well, but can make me look too done up for casual tmes. I had tried blue, black brown, nothing seemed perfect. I am very impressed. There are no glitter specs in this shade too which is nice. It is just a true beautiful charcoal shade. I am MAC Nw20, brown eyes and 3n (almost black) hair.

on 11/17/2013 1:29:00 PM

Love this eyeliner pencil - nice smoky grey colour and doesn't budge all day (and I MEAN doesn't budge - even after i've washed my face twice there's usually still traces - I remove these with a cotton bud and a bit of vaseline). Like that there's no sharpening involved..just twist the bottom to push more of the pencil up. Convenient!

on 2/20/2013 3:57:00 AM

Does not smear or fade,stays on all day long without a problem. Agree with others who complained about this eyeliner being a bit too difficult to remove,plus,wish we got a bit more product. The heavy duty formula is great regardless,would buy again.

on 6/12/2012 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was a bit disappointed in this color. Revlon Colorstay eyeliner in "Black Brown" is my staple HQ, and I was hoping that I could say the same of the Charcoal color. However, while the charcoal liner did come out a solid, matte grey, it faded rapidly throughout the day and I had to reapply about 4 hrs in. The black and black brown shades both stay for much longer than that (at least 8 hrs) and are both noticeably darker than this grey color.

On the other hand, it's not a total loss because this is a great eyeliner for if you want to add some punch to your eyes without looking like you are obviously wearing eyeshadow. I particularly like to use this on my bottom eyelid so it's a great way to outline your eye without making it seem too harsh.

on 12/31/2011 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used to use this all the time, until i noticed that it SMEARS terribly by a few hours. what i really like though, is that it comes on really BOLD.

on 12/2/2011 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Even though I don't like the packaging of this product, I'm still impressed with its lasting power. I have oily eyelids and because of that I have to be keen in choosing eyeliners. When I applied it, I thought it was going to smudge but I waited the whole day and it didn't. Plus it didn't fade or dried my lashes. It's one of my favorites.

Hope this helps <3

on 4/15/2011 2:57:00 PM

I bought this solely for my bottom waterline because my cousin swears by this eyeliner. Fail. I resembled a panda when I previewed my face on her camera. Will never buy this again. In addition, I've purchased Prestige's Total Intensity Eyeliner and can't wait to try it out based on the rave reviews here in MUA. Hope it performs better than Colorstay.

I bought this because I have blue eyes and didn't want black because it's too harsh. I tried to apply it to my waterline on the bottom and it wouldn't go on I tried the upper lash line same thing. It is very hard to apply and I would not recommend it.

on 1/23/2011 12:33:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I'm on my second thingy of this eyeliner. I really like it, a lot. It goes on smooth and easy, it's in a twist-able container, and u can sharpen it with the built in sharpener to get a finer/thinner line. It comes off really easy with make-up remover. I wear this eyeliner everyday of my life. I don't go anywhere without it on.