April 21, 2014 | 1032 users online

Bronzers - Philosophy - The Big Skinny

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Puresimple1

This isn't sold in Canada at the philosophy counter so I was able to find it at Marshall's instead! I wasn't too thrilled with it at first (I had too many bronzers already). But I actually found myself reaching for it all the time! The scent is a subtle chocolate coconut. And it isn't orangey or green or too bronze! It's natural! I'm not sure I would repurchase because I like trying new lines but we'll see!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just bought this today after the salesgirl at Ulta steered me away from the Tarte Glam Gams (which looked positively green on me when I used the tester!). So far so good. I love the creaminess of the Big Skinny, the very slight shimmer, the natural looking color, even the interesting fragrance which seems like something between coconut and coffee, in other words not the usual self-tanner stink.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by perfectface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gives great, natural color. I apply it with gloves. Goes on like a moisturizer and looks very natural. If it does rub off on my clothes, which really only happens with light colors, it washes out easily. I will definitely keep purchasing this. You won't be disappointed. I get it from Nordstorms. It's a little expensive, but lasts a long time.....a little goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2008 11:20:00 AM More reviews by kkt1210

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

well, i contacted philosophy b/c i wanted to see what could be done to avoid rub-off on clothes etc., and they told me they were discontinuing the big skinny and it can't be ordered anymore. well that solves that i guess. i suppose i won't be trying it after all. (for the record i've not tried it, so the 3 doesn't really mean anything). just wanted to let everyone know this. it was a really great concept i think though.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 9:01:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

I really love the color it gives you( I have both) but it does not stay on. It is all over your clothes and you really feel stupid seeing it on your clothes when you are out. I wish they would fix it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2007 1:04:00 AM More reviews by hwywmn76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think there is a few versions of this, mine came in a pump, and is a Bronze color.

I use it in the winter to make my legs look less dead, and pale and creepy. I really like the color, I love how it's not all sparkles, like say, Benefit's Jiffy Tan. ( Horrible outside) The color is really natural & flattering, there is a radiance to it, but nothing cheesy.
Think confidence in a tube. My skin looks healthy and alive.
I haven't noticed any rub off, but I usually just blend it on whatever body parts are showing that day, shins, feet, lower arms whatever. You do have to blend really well,(esp around ankle bones) but I'll be honest, I usually am running out the door ( late of course) when I think to grab this, pump some out, massage on, and wait 2.5 seconds and go. So far so good. Car seat looks good, &skirts are all bronze free.

I have even used this on special nights, in the summer just to even out my sinful real tan.
I wonder what the difference is in the packages? I know the Philosophy website sells both ? I definitely prefer this type of thing (body make-up?) to self tanners, which I always had rub off issues with anyway. Especially the daily glow ones.

Bottom line a great product that I need to have on hand at all times. The bottle has lasted me so far since Christmas time, though I have never done the full body thing. I like the pump.
Virtual nylons is exactly right, but much cooler.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2007 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros-No icky self-tanner smell. Makes legs look toned and evens out skin. No shimmer. Easy to apply.

Cons-No matter how long you wait, it transfers onto clothes :-(. Lucky for me I wore dark brown shorts on my first try. However, I was nervous the entire evening that I'd leave behind a trail of this stuff on someone's furniture! Good concept, bad results. As others suggested, purchased Sundressing by MAC. Have yet to use, will leave a review.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 4:49:00 PM More reviews by reneeg323

Like some of the other reviewers, I have a problem with the smell of self-tanners so I decided to try The Big Skinny for my legs. It was easy to apply and I had no problems with streaking. I liked the color and even waited a good 20 minutes before dressing to let the bronzer set. At the end of the day, though, the bronzer was all over my skirt and underpants. At first, I thought that I had misapplied the bronzer. So, I tried it a second time using less. The same thing - bronzer all over my clothes. Luckily, I just went to work. I'd hate to have this on and go to someone's home and leave a trail of bronzer all over the furniture. At the end of the day, I'd rather put up with the smell of a self-tanner than having this bronzer mess all over my clothes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2007 7:32:00 PM More reviews by mnptaylor

I love this! I use it primarily when I wear shorts. I have never gotten so many compliments on my legs. People saying "Your legs are perfect!" "Did you get them waxed?" "Have you been working out?" I found that this covers any imperfections and looks like you are wearing pantyhose. Also the shimmery effect reflects off the definition in my legs making them look more toned. I haven't found any rub-off problems. Maybe I've been lucky.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2007 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I bought this because like the other reviewers, I hate the smell and inconvenience of self tanners. I bought it in bronze, though I was unaware that it came in other colors, but no matter. Within hours, it was completely gone from my legs and all over my panties and skirt. Very embarassing. I returned it the very next day and the SA did not look one bit surprised to be getting it back. Great idea, dreadful execution.