Maybelline Liquid Liner

3.9

I started using this years ago and I still LOVE it! It is so simple - from the packaging to the liner tip. For anyone new wanting to try liquid liner, this one is for you. The wand is very short making this very easy to use. The tip is solid - it doesn't bend which helps so much when applying. If you are looking for something simple and easy, this is for you. The lasting power likely isn't as good as some others but it is great for everyday use. It never smudges or runs. If you want to really play up your eyes with wings etc. something else might be better but I love this for it's simplicity and easy applicator.

on 12/10/2013 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of those liquid liners I got in desperate attempt because I had run out of my other liquid liner. I thought I had bought another one, but of course I had forgotten. It's "waterproof" and not even close to being waterproof. I've worn non waterproof liners that don't ware away as much as this does. Not to mention it hardens and just flakes off like crazy. And it did slightly irritate my eyes and made them water. Needless to say, I won't be repurchasing this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried this high school and it peeled off horribley, especially If I cried. Stopped using it.. flash forward 6 years, and figured I'm not as emotional anymore, so I tried it again. This time it did the EXACT same thing. I have very small, slanted almond eyes (got a little japanese running through my blood), so maybe that's the problem. Who knows, but this stuff just doesn't work for me. I now use Line Stiletto by Maybelline, and that works just as I need it to, so I am glad there is something out there that suits me.

on 12/24/2012 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the only liquid liner i will ever buy. I've tried the maybelline stilletto, mac liquid pens, elf liquid liner. I always go back to the old fashion liquid liner by maybelline. It has a great applicater and the product lasts FOREVER. I just bought a new liner but i swear the last bottle i got lasted me for 8 months or longer and i use the product every single day.
I think the product might crease on eyelids if you have greasy lids but i wear a light eyeshadow everyday and a primer and i dont have any issues. i really hope they dont discontinue this product anytime soon.

on 11/30/2012 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This was one of the liquid eyeliners that I always bought when I was a teen. I think it works okay, but not fantastic, especially for someone like me who has greasy eyelids [in a tropical climate, too!]. Doesn't stay very long, or as long as I would like it to be. But the price is pretty affordable. I've always re-purchase this over and over again, until I tried their gel liner... And then I never looked back

on 3/14/2012 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

My very first liquid eyeliner. I used this as a teenager and mastered the cate eye using this product. It has decent staying power and a nice, smooth consistency. I might have to try these liners again.

on 8/8/2011 3:25:00 PM

nice black color
cheap

on 7/13/2011 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have the liner in the second picture shown (blue/black packaging with felt tip). This is one of my favourites because it doesn't dry shiny like others I have tried, no cracks/flakes and is smudge-proof. I have oily lids and this doesn't budge from my top lash line one bit. The only problem is that it is slightly watery so I have to go over a section twice to get it really intense in colour.

I agree that the tip is pretty good for a precise or a thick line. I am very bad at controlling, so if I use a too-soft tip, I can never do it. Therefore, it is a plus about this product.

However, today, when I put it on my make up which lasted from 2:30 PM to 7:00 PM, I did not realize that it had melted on my eyelid. When I went home and looked at myself in the mirror, you can imagine how horrify I was. The weather is very good today, not too hot, you can say that it is warm, and I did not sweat. With this finding, I am in doubt about the "staying" power of this product, and would not purchase it again.

It is very easy to clean off, though. I just scrub my facial cleaner on the line when I closed my eyes, washed with cold water, opened my eyes, and it was gone. It does not leave a flaky or some other black stuff that I experience with other Maybeline eyeliner.

on 1/31/2010 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great eyeliner! It doesnt transfer when your eyes are open for a long time and is VERY easy to apply. I can do both eyes in like 3 seconds. I do use Urban Decay Eyeshadow primer potion so that might be why it stayed on so good. But i love it!