April 18, 2014 | 1748 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by Chinesegirl04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I heard so many good things about the clinique skincare line.
So i went to the clinique counter to ask for more information. The sales girl didnt convinced me to buy it, but whenever she said the three step clinique acne blemish solution is only for $50,- I immediatly bought it. 3 whole size product for $50,-

When i first start using the three step thing i stop using all the other products i had. I use the cleanser first, the toner second and the moisterizer for last/ am (with sunscreen) and pm.

The first week nothing happend, so i continued using it. Three weeks later my forhead was super dry, it was so dry that i could see all lines on my forehead which i never had. and rest of my face was super oily. and i broke out even more. I keep using it because all my friends told me that it takes a month or two to see if the product is working or not. so i continued using it for 6 weeks and i couldnt take it anymore. it broke me out badly and dried my forehead soo bad.

I stop using it.
I will give 2 star for the foaming cleanser, 1 star for the toning lotion and 3 star for the moisterizer. My friends love this line, unfortunately it didnt do good with my skin :(

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2014 4:12:00 AM More reviews by mxxlu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a best seller in the Clinique's line, and a couple of times I've even seen it sold out at my local beauty store. It actually cleared up my friend's acne which was what made me give it a try. Her break-outs weren't half as bad as mine though...

For someone with pretty bad acne-prone skin for 5 yrs now, I would say that this DOES NOT work.

Pros:
-Packaging is: nice.. secure, and convenient with a pump
-Foams

Cons:
-Made me continue to break-out, sometimes even worse
-Smells bitter; like chemicals, but not a strong scent IMO
-Pricey

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Stephanie0618

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was extremely strong. I could smell the chemicals in it. The primary ingredient is salicylic acid I could have save money buying something else from Target.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2014 6:18:00 AM More reviews by lynnlovesyou211

I hate this product! I bought it 2 years ago thinking it would help the blemishes I got on my period but it just made my skin worse! Dry and oily, even though I have a normal skin type! When I took it out of the cupboard and tried it again it gave me such a red allergic reaction I had to put my ultracalming concentrate serum for the redness and the burning sensation to go away. I don't like this product. It might work well on people with severe acne who has combination skin but on my normal skin type it didn't work. Thumbs down.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Tarzmahal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would not buy this product again. You need to use a lot of product each time and it doesn't last long for the price. It was not effective at treating or preventing my acne. It was very drying and harsh. Especially used in combination with other products in the line (e.g. toner and treatment lotion)

Pros:
- Well packaged

Cons:
- Requires a lot of foam for each application
- Very drying
- Expensive
- Ineffective at treating or preventing my acne
- strong fragrance

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

This stuff is alright. I use it a long with the other two products (toner and moisturiser). Although, this product isn't anything special and you could probably have a similar affect using a drug store cleanser with sylic acid. It seems to work alongside the toner and moisturiser, however, I would not use alone.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by ScarletteLawson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i bought the whole acne solutions system, and it was not helpfull at all. it was harsh and abrasive, overdried my oily skin (making me produce more oil) , made my face very red and tight, and didnt help with my mild acne problems

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by msharajuku

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I suffered from mild acne, and this made my skin break out even more! Foaming cleansers actually encourage bacteria according to Caroline Hirons, skincare goddess who has led me to clear skin! Don't use this stuff, it doesn't feel like its cleaning your face and it makes you break out even worse.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by helenawaldorf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very dry, acne-prone skin and this cleanser did not work for me.
I think it would work better for people with oily skin because it gets rid of all the oil.
It also makes your skin really soft. I'm not sure if it has been helping with my acne or not because I'm currently on some acne medication, but my skin has gotten a lot better.
It's a gentle cleanser that will make your face 100 % clean, so if you're looking for a more mild cleanser (best if your skin tends to get irritated easily, is really dry or gets red) this is not the cleanser for you. BUT. If you have oily skin I think this will work really good for you! The smell is also really fresh and nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Chanelle143

I have acne prone skin, NOTHING works. Until I found this :) I use the cleansing foam, clarifying lotion and the moisturizer that comes with the scene solutions kit. At first my skin became a little dry but it went back to normal. My face feels soft, blemish free and my pores have decreased in size. Love this product. I swear by it.