July 28, 2014 | 2199 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all I have very sensitive and sometimes dry skin. I go through phases when I battle with acne (diet problems maybe). All the other acne cleansers really dry my skin out, but I`m really, really happy with this one!!! I have that little Clinique spot treatment and it works so well, for my recent acne breakout I went back to Clinique to buy this cleanser. I am really glad I did. It is not drying at all. But immediately I had smaller pores, more clean skin, and the acne was calmed down. It took a few days to clear them up (most of them) but still, anything else I have tried didn`t work or was super drying. Especially the foaming ones. This stuff works! My skin is clear, pores are much smaller because this cleanser really takes out stuff you don`t need in your pores. (Not sure about blackheads as I don`t have any.) This is exactly what I wanted... The smell is very chemical though, but that is ok with me. I like the packaging too. The sales guy said to use it morning and night, and if it is too strong than switch to night time only. I have been using it for like a week now 2x a day, and no irritation. This will be my go to cleanser when I want to stop acne breakouts and clean pores. :-)))

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Giginessa13

I like to begin my Clinique reviews with a disclaimer that I DO work for Clinique, but I always give an honest review. I don't like our acne line as a whole, but I really do love this product. When I read reviews of this drying people's faces, I think it could be the toner or the moisturizer doing that. Those two items are very drying and for that reason I do not use them. I can respect people who have super sensitive/rash prone skin not wanting to use this because there was a couple of months that I couldn't use this due to a perioral dermatitis breakout. During that time, I could only use Manuka Honey. However, my skin is back to normal and although I use the honey still, this cleanser has kept me feeling clean. I really don't believe it is drying, and in fact if you look at the Paula's Choice reviews it is praised for the humectants. So the bottom line: great cleansing for skin that needs an extra push of clean, not for the redness/rashy prone, and avoid the other two steps of this acne three step. I recommend regular clarifying lotion and DDMG if you choose to stick with Clinique.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Applehead09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love. On the expensive side. Have bought over 3xs. Love the smell. Does keep breakouts down.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by Chinesegirl04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I heard so many good things about the clinique skincare line.
So i went to the clinique counter to ask for more information. The sales girl didnt convinced me to buy it, but whenever she said the three step clinique acne blemish solution is only for $50,- I immediatly bought it. 3 whole size product for $50,-

When i first start using the three step thing i stop using all the other products i had. I use the cleanser first, the toner second and the moisterizer for last/ am (with sunscreen) and pm.

The first week nothing happend, so i continued using it. Three weeks later my forhead was super dry, it was so dry that i could see all lines on my forehead which i never had. and rest of my face was super oily. and i broke out even more. I keep using it because all my friends told me that it takes a month or two to see if the product is working or not. so i continued using it for 6 weeks and i couldnt take it anymore. it broke me out badly and dried my forehead soo bad.

I stop using it.
I will give 2 star for the foaming cleanser, 1 star for the toning lotion and 3 star for the moisterizer. My friends love this line, unfortunately it didnt do good with my skin :(

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2014 4:12:00 AM More reviews by mxxlu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a best seller in the Clinique's line, and a couple of times I've even seen it sold out at my local beauty store. It actually cleared up my friend's acne which was what made me give it a try. Her break-outs weren't half as bad as mine though...

For someone with pretty bad acne-prone skin for 5 yrs now, I would say that this DOES NOT work.

Pros:
-Packaging is: nice.. secure, and convenient with a pump
-Foams

Cons:
-Made me continue to break-out, sometimes even worse
-Smells bitter; like chemicals, but not a strong scent IMO
-Pricey

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Stephanie0618

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was extremely strong. I could smell the chemicals in it. The primary ingredient is salicylic acid I could have save money buying something else from Target.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2014 6:18:00 AM More reviews by lynnlovesyou211

I hate this product! I bought it 2 years ago thinking it would help the blemishes I got on my period but it just made my skin worse! Dry and oily, even though I have a normal skin type! When I took it out of the cupboard and tried it again it gave me such a red allergic reaction I had to put my ultracalming concentrate serum for the redness and the burning sensation to go away. I don't like this product. It might work well on people with severe acne who has combination skin but on my normal skin type it didn't work. Thumbs down.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Tarzmahal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would not buy this product again. You need to use a lot of product each time and it doesn't last long for the price. It was not effective at treating or preventing my acne. It was very drying and harsh. Especially used in combination with other products in the line (e.g. toner and treatment lotion)

Pros:
- Well packaged

Cons:
- Requires a lot of foam for each application
- Very drying
- Expensive
- Ineffective at treating or preventing my acne
- strong fragrance

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

This stuff is alright. I use it a long with the other two products (toner and moisturiser). Although, this product isn't anything special and you could probably have a similar affect using a drug store cleanser with sylic acid. It seems to work alongside the toner and moisturiser, however, I would not use alone.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by ScarletteLawson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i bought the whole acne solutions system, and it was not helpfull at all. it was harsh and abrasive, overdried my oily skin (making me produce more oil) , made my face very red and tight, and didnt help with my mild acne problems