Clinique Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam

3.4

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid 2% Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sucrose, Disodium Phosphate, Arginine Cocoate, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Cola Nitida (Kola) Seed Extract, Caffeine, Algae Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint), Sea Whip Extract, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ppg-6 Decyltetradeceth-30, Lactobacillus Ferment, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Longifolene, Acetyl Glucosamine, Capryloyl Glycine, Perilla Aldehyde, 10-Hydroxydecanoic Acid, Polyquaternium-7, Beta-Caryophyllene, Phospholipids, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Salicylate, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Chloroxylenol 5/20/09

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Hmmm....I have mixed feelings on this one....I was using it religiously because it's so damn easy to use...but it wasn't helping to clear anything up...I love the smell...I love a lot about this cleanser....but it just doesn't do the job... and I hate that. Maybe my skin doesn't adjust, OR MAYBE my skin just isn't fazed by this cleanser. So while I'm not using it everyday anymore....I think I ll still buy it n own and then for those super lazy days when I dont want to do a thorough clean I guess..
It is a pump, and that sure is convenient, but it can be expensive for me, because it just doesn't really work...
I think this would work well for ppl who don't have much acne, or who don't need to clear up much

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using the entire Clinique Acne Solutions 3-step system for over a year now (this product is step 1), and I can honestly say that it has completely changed my skin for the better. I used to have mild-moderate acne and somewhat oily skin, but within about a week of using this system, my skin began to clear up. I now have no acne or noticeable acne scars, and I almost never get breakouts! People actually compliment me on my skin now, which is something I never would have imagined before I started using this system!

Anyway, specific to the cleanser: I use this cleanser twice a day, and it is the only cleanser I use. It comes out of the pump as a nice, smooth foam, and it lathers well when I spread it over my face. It's not scented and it doesn't leave a tingly feeling or anything, but it still feels really good and gentle. When I'm done washing, my skin feels only the tiniest bit tight, but that is easily remedied with a light moisturizer (which I use after steps 2 and 3 in the acne solutions system). As for cleansing ability, I would say that this product does an OK job at removing makeup and dirty, but I would advise using a makeup remover to take off your foundation and eye makeup prior to using this cleanser.

I gave this product 4/5 for packaging because the pump makes me go through product very quickly, and sometimes when I travel, it spill in to my makeup bag. I recently bought the newly released gel version of this product, because the Clinique consultant told me that it would last longer and spill less. That said, don't let the packaging stop you from purchasing this - mine would still last ~1-2 months, which is nothing to complain about!

A final note on this product and the rest of the Acne Solutions system: I've seen a lot of ladies saying that they started this system but had to stop because it dried out their skin really badly. Full disclosure: this dried my skin out for about the first ~1 week. I was about to return the products for something else, but I called my Clinique consultant, and she told me that this is normal at first and recommended cutting back on steps 2 and 3 (the clarifying lotion and all-over treatment) to just once a day or every other day. I was skeptical, but I took her advice, and I'm so glad I did! The dryness went away after about one week (and so did my acne!), and although I do use a moisturizer (I like Olay, but I've heard Clinique's Moisture Surge is excellent) after I use this system, I have no problems with dryness whatsoever. So my advice to ladies who may be experiencing dryness within the first few days of using this system is to stick it out for a week or two - your skin will adjust so that it is no longer dry, and your acne will disappear (yay!).

on 5/1/2015 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foam is my favorite I used it every single day ... since 3 years ago and it still make my skin feel very clean and without blemishes like before I found it. The only think I really dont like is that in my country its a little bit more expensive about 26 dollars :( but i love it so much that I buy it over and over again I truly recomend this product to a person that have some little breackouts it prevent them very well the only thing is that i wont recomend it to dry skins

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have to agree with the other reviews; my skin is closer towards the oily side with dry cheeks and an oily t-zone however, this product was too harsh even when I used it only on my forehead and chin.

I would not use this again as it made my face tight and uncomfortable and I saw no visible results. Definitely not the best experience.

on 2/19/2015 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to try this to help calm my breakouts, but it dried me out so badly. I purchased the 3 step system and could only use the cleanser because of the drying effects of the other 2 steps. Even after just trying the cleanser my face is flaky and dry.

on 12/26/2014 8:38:00 PM

I've been using this for a while because out of no where my face started breaking out like crazy.
I feel like it has way too many harsh chemicals in it. It even smells really chemically formulated.
And everytime I use it it makes my face red for a while afterwards, and makes my cheeks irritated and its super drying! Also it hasn't helped clear my face at all. :( horrible, harsh on skin, and waaaay too chemically formulated. I want to switch to something gently, natural, and moisturizing that gets the job done!

on 11/19/2014 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this in a Clinique Acne Solutions kit and I really had high hopes. I have very bad occasional hormonal acne that will absolutely wreck my complexion. I was looking for a few products that could work in sync and help me clear up my pimples. Unfortunately, this cleansing foam just didn't do anything for me. It did not cleanse as well as I had hoped--a lot of the day's foundation was left behind and I had to pair this with some heavy duty makeup remover pads. This dried my skin out a lot, as well. I know that bargain brand acne treatments are known for doing this, but I had expected more from a more high-end brand. This also didn't do much to clear up my pimples. I'm fairly disappointed because I have loved Clinique's products in the past.

on 8/5/2014 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This product is very good at clearing your face and making it acne free! I would definitely recommend it! I have sensitive/oily skin and it worked great!!

on 6/13/2014 11:25:00 PM

First of all I have very sensitive and sometimes dry skin. I go through phases when I battle with acne (diet problems maybe). All the other acne cleansers really dry my skin out, but I`m really, really happy with this one!!! I have that little Clinique spot treatment and it works so well, for my recent acne breakout I went back to Clinique to buy this cleanser. I am really glad I did. It is not drying at all. But immediately I had smaller pores, more clean skin, and the acne was calmed down. It took a few days to clear them up (most of them) but still, anything else I have tried didn`t work or was super drying. Especially the foaming ones. This stuff works! My skin is clear, pores are much smaller because this cleanser really takes out stuff you don`t need in your pores. (Not sure about blackheads as I don`t have any.) This is exactly what I wanted... The smell is very chemical though, but that is ok with me. I like the packaging too. The sales guy said to use it morning and night, and if it is too strong than switch to night time only. I have been using it for like a week now 2x a day, and no irritation. This will be my go to cleanser when I want to stop acne breakouts and clean pores. :-)))

on 4/28/2014 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like to begin my Clinique reviews with a disclaimer that I DO work for Clinique, but I always give an honest review. I don't like our acne line as a whole, but I really do love this product. When I read reviews of this drying people's faces, I think it could be the toner or the moisturizer doing that. Those two items are very drying and for that reason I do not use them. I can respect people who have super sensitive/rash prone skin not wanting to use this because there was a couple of months that I couldn't use this due to a perioral dermatitis breakout. During that time, I could only use Manuka Honey. However, my skin is back to normal and although I use the honey still, this cleanser has kept me feeling clean. I really don't believe it is drying, and in fact if you look at the Paula's Choice reviews it is praised for the humectants. So the bottom line: great cleansing for skin that needs an extra push of clean, not for the redness/rashy prone, and avoid the other two steps of this acne three step. I recommend regular clarifying lotion and DDMG if you choose to stick with Clinique.