Clinique Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam

3.3

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid 2% Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sucrose, Disodium Phosphate, Arginine Cocoate, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Cola Nitida (Kola) Seed Extract, Caffeine, Algae Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint), Sea Whip Extract, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ppg-6 Decyltetradeceth-30, Lactobacillus Ferment, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Longifolene, Acetyl Glucosamine, Capryloyl Glycine, Perilla Aldehyde, 10-Hydroxydecanoic Acid, Polyquaternium-7, Beta-Caryophyllene, Phospholipids, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Salicylate, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Chloroxylenol 5/20/09

on 2/19/2015 11:36:00 PM

I wanted to try this to help calm my breakouts, but it dried me out so badly. I purchased the 3 step system and could only use the cleanser because of the drying effects of the other 2 steps. Even after just trying the cleanser my face is flaky and dry.

on 12/26/2014 8:38:00 PM

I've been using this for a while because out of no where my face started breaking out like crazy.
I feel like it has way too many harsh chemicals in it. It even smells really chemically formulated.
And everytime I use it it makes my face red for a while afterwards, and makes my cheeks irritated and its super drying! Also it hasn't helped clear my face at all. :( horrible, harsh on skin, and waaaay too chemically formulated. I want to switch to something gently, natural, and moisturizing that gets the job done!

on 11/19/2014 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this in a Clinique Acne Solutions kit and I really had high hopes. I have very bad occasional hormonal acne that will absolutely wreck my complexion. I was looking for a few products that could work in sync and help me clear up my pimples. Unfortunately, this cleansing foam just didn't do anything for me. It did not cleanse as well as I had hoped--a lot of the day's foundation was left behind and I had to pair this with some heavy duty makeup remover pads. This dried my skin out a lot, as well. I know that bargain brand acne treatments are known for doing this, but I had expected more from a more high-end brand. This also didn't do much to clear up my pimples. I'm fairly disappointed because I have loved Clinique's products in the past.

on 8/5/2014 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This product is very good at clearing your face and making it acne free! I would definitely recommend it! I have sensitive/oily skin and it worked great!!

on 6/13/2014 11:25:00 PM

First of all I have very sensitive and sometimes dry skin. I go through phases when I battle with acne (diet problems maybe). All the other acne cleansers really dry my skin out, but I`m really, really happy with this one!!! I have that little Clinique spot treatment and it works so well, for my recent acne breakout I went back to Clinique to buy this cleanser. I am really glad I did. It is not drying at all. But immediately I had smaller pores, more clean skin, and the acne was calmed down. It took a few days to clear them up (most of them) but still, anything else I have tried didn`t work or was super drying. Especially the foaming ones. This stuff works! My skin is clear, pores are much smaller because this cleanser really takes out stuff you don`t need in your pores. (Not sure about blackheads as I don`t have any.) This is exactly what I wanted... The smell is very chemical though, but that is ok with me. I like the packaging too. The sales guy said to use it morning and night, and if it is too strong than switch to night time only. I have been using it for like a week now 2x a day, and no irritation. This will be my go to cleanser when I want to stop acne breakouts and clean pores. :-)))

on 4/28/2014 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like to begin my Clinique reviews with a disclaimer that I DO work for Clinique, but I always give an honest review. I don't like our acne line as a whole, but I really do love this product. When I read reviews of this drying people's faces, I think it could be the toner or the moisturizer doing that. Those two items are very drying and for that reason I do not use them. I can respect people who have super sensitive/rash prone skin not wanting to use this because there was a couple of months that I couldn't use this due to a perioral dermatitis breakout. During that time, I could only use Manuka Honey. However, my skin is back to normal and although I use the honey still, this cleanser has kept me feeling clean. I really don't believe it is drying, and in fact if you look at the Paula's Choice reviews it is praised for the humectants. So the bottom line: great cleansing for skin that needs an extra push of clean, not for the redness/rashy prone, and avoid the other two steps of this acne three step. I recommend regular clarifying lotion and DDMG if you choose to stick with Clinique.

on 4/21/2014 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Love. On the expensive side. Have bought over 3xs. Love the smell. Does keep breakouts down.

I heard so many good things about the clinique skincare line.
So i went to the clinique counter to ask for more information. The sales girl didnt convinced me to buy it, but whenever she said the three step clinique acne blemish solution is only for $50,- I immediatly bought it. 3 whole size product for $50,-

When i first start using the three step thing i stop using all the other products i had. I use the cleanser first, the toner second and the moisterizer for last/ am (with sunscreen) and pm.

The first week nothing happend, so i continued using it. Three weeks later my forhead was super dry, it was so dry that i could see all lines on my forehead which i never had. and rest of my face was super oily. and i broke out even more. I keep using it because all my friends told me that it takes a month or two to see if the product is working or not. so i continued using it for 6 weeks and i couldnt take it anymore. it broke me out badly and dried my forehead soo bad.

I stop using it.
I will give 2 star for the foaming cleanser, 1 star for the toning lotion and 3 star for the moisterizer. My friends love this line, unfortunately it didnt do good with my skin :(

on 3/22/2014 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a best seller in the Clinique's line, and a couple of times I've even seen it sold out at my local beauty store. It actually cleared up my friend's acne which was what made me give it a try. Her break-outs weren't half as bad as mine though...

For someone with pretty bad acne-prone skin for 5 yrs now, I would say that this DOES NOT work.

Pros:
-Packaging is: nice.. secure, and convenient with a pump
-Foams

Cons:
-Made me continue to break-out, sometimes even worse
-Smells bitter; like chemicals, but not a strong scent IMO
-Pricey

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This was extremely strong. I could smell the chemicals in it. The primary ingredient is salicylic acid I could have save money buying something else from Target.