April 19, 2014 | 1810 users online

Gels/Soaps - The Body Shop - Strawberry Bath and Shower Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by fluffling

I love this shower gel, one of my favorites :)
I got a massive 750ml bottle at a factory shop last May for only a tiny bit more than their regular 200ml bottle.
I'm still going through it, and I was given a 200ml bottle as part of my birthday present in December, so that's on my shelf waiting to be used.
It lasts a long time as it foams so much.
The flip lid on the small bottle seems nice and easy tp use (tho it hasn't actually been used yet)
and the pump on my big bottle is perfect, it's worked well and I like how I can lock it.
The only problem that I can find with this is my big bottle seems to have gone a little bit off, it's still in date but just not smelling as nice anymore, idk if this is because it's been sitting on my windowsill in the sunlight tho, which can apparently affect it.
Either I love this product and will definitely when (if ever) I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by meilin69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love this strawberry shower gel so much,
it smells sooooooooooooooo nice.
it's perfect when used with the gloves also from TBS or it will be a bit hard to wash off.
can be a bit drying for colder months, so make sure you keep this for summer.
i'm on my 2nd bottle and already stocked up cause i just can't imagine myself buying other shower gels unless they discontinue this one (which is impossible since strawberry is their best selling range).
i have dermatitis slash eczema on my back and i can't use any shower gel with sls or it'll flare up and since this is soap free, add another good point for TBS.
the scent doesn't last that long on your skin, sometimes i can smell it sometimes i can't, but my bathroom always smells like strawberry fields and i love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 5:15:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't really look for much in a shower gel - all I want for it is to smell nice, be soft on the skin and leave my skin feeling clean. Most gels I've tried have done all these things, so it usually just comes down to scent for me.

This one smells like fresh strawberries in the Summer. It's amazing. So fresh, fruity and girly and I the scent lingers a while after the shower as well.

It is however rather strong, as TBS products usually are, so it's not something for those who like unscented products. It's perfect for me though, so I will keep re-purchasing items from the strawberry line.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by LushGamer

This has the most amazing smell. However it is quite sweet so if you are more into the spices, ginger etc. scents if this may not be the scent for you.

It feels so nice on my skin and helps me feel refreshed after a tiring day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a lovely shower gel not perfect but really nice. I think this will be perfect for the warmer months. That is why I originally purchased this was for a pick me up because it's so cold in NY!! I think this will be best though when it's hot because it cleans really well to the point where on some it could be drying. For me I mix it with my Soft Soap Body Butter Strawberry Smoothie to get more moisture. Together with the butter it works fine and doesn't strip my skin. It leaves a nice not overly sweet scent that you can smell. It is light so it doesn't overpower perfumes and for me with THB Strawberry body butter it's a perfect Winter pick me up.

I use a Japanese Salux so I do not need a lot of gel to get a good lather, but it lathers very well. I also purchased this for like 4$ so I will repurchase because THB has a lot of sales. I think I will enjoy this more in the Summer. That's when I am taking more showers because I'm always outdoors. So this will be perfect! Also if you are prone to getting dry definitely use a body butter after obviously because it can be drying for some. I like the Strawberry and Grapefruit it really gets you ready for the warm months to come which, cannot come soon enough;) Recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2014 10:41:00 AM More reviews by brownaholic

The smell is sweet and heavenly. It lifts my mood up every morning, however you could expect it to not be too soapy since body shop's products are mostly soap free. Loofahs or sponges helps it to lather more.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by conceal4ever

I know this isn't really what this is used for, but I love using Body Shop's strawberry bath gel to wash my brushes. It's gentle and does a really good job of washing your brushes pretty quickly. And the BEST part is that it makes your brushes smell like strawberries in the morning when you're putting on your makeup. PS. also does a decent job as a body wash or hand soap.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by SandieJackson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was using this in combination with the strawberry body butter. I really enjoyed the smell and how much it would lather with my loofah. However, after a couple of weeks i noticed a bunch of little red bumps forming on my upper arms and that has never happened to me before.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I got this in a gift set for Christmas (I don't usually buy a lot from here for myself). I love the scent of this! It smells almost edible. This is an average body wash, lathers well but isn't moisturizing or anything. I wish the scent lasted on the skin but it doesn't at all. I'm enjoying it while I have it but wouldn't repurchase as it's kind of pricy for an average body wash.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by pinksasuke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I just started using this strawberry shower gel a month ago.

Pros: It smells like REAL strawberries in the shower and it lathers up really well. I have terrible acne on my back and my chest, but after a month of use it has cleared everything up.

Cons: The smell doesn't last at all. As soon as you're out of the shower it's gone. While my back and chest acne is completely gone, it dried my skin up to the point where I have flaky patches in different parts of my skin and when I bent over to pick something up the other day, it was unbelievable painful because my dry skin CRACKED on my lower back! My skin is dry to the point where I don't even think my regular moisturizer is helping at all; for the first time in my life I'm actually thinking about getting a heavy DEEP moisturizer.

I think that this is an awesome bacne fix, but it's something that you should use in moderation or paired with a really, really good moisturizer. Personally, I'll probably end up switching between this shower gel and a more moisturizing one, but once I use up this bottle I don't plan on repurchasing it because I'm sure that there is a shower gel out there that can clear up my bacne without causing my skin to flake/crack this bad.