November 28, 2014 | 1930 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Face Sunscreen 30 SPF

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by warrenma1

I need a face sunscreen for when I am running outside. This one actually works well. Not too greasy and it smells great. it's too much under foundation but it's great by itself.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by mschumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Because I live in a part of Canada that gets swelteringly hot and humid in the summer, I find this sunscreen too thick for summer.

It's best used in winter, but I still find it a bit too thick. I do feel it sits on top of my skin instead of being absorbed into it. There is nothing all that bad about it, or that great, which is why I gave it 3 lippies. Also, because this tiny tube cost about $20, I would not repurchase. There is nothing all that "wow" about it. Oh, and every time I use it, I have to get rid of an icky dried blob of it around the opening. Not a big deal, but annoying nonetheless.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2012 8:41:00 AM More reviews by estherurwin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really just want to put something straight. Despite of what Crusty says in their review this product does contain avobenzone. It is clearly listed in the ingredients list, just under its chemical name: butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane. A bit silly, I know, but it is there. This means that this does provide UVA protection in compliance with EU regulation. As to the product itself, it does cause me a little bit of stinging around the eyes. I will wait to see if my skin gets used to the actives in this or if I will get a reaction. It's a reliable sun screen and I hope it will be more moisturizing than others I have tried. I do not like to have to layer too many products and most moisturizers with sunscreen leave me feeling dry after a couple of hours. I will update this when I have used this product for a bit longer.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by sayakhansa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh dear. How do I put this? Strong sunscreen-y smell but it provides light moisture and good sun protection. The only thing is, after using this for two weeks, I woke up one day with itchy face and swollen eyes. I couldn't open my eyes, it was too swollen and my face was VERY itchy, it was scary and it took me ten days to recover completely. Never again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 9:42:00 AM More reviews by erin1025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a moisturizer with sunscreen, not just a face sunscreen as the product title suggests. I love it - it provides light moisture and good sun protection for my combination, acne-prone, extremely fair skin. I love that it includes antioxidants to help prevent wrinkles and that it doesn't clog my pores (I see some other reviewers wish it contained physical sunscreen - well, physical sunscreen is a pore-clogging, greasy mess, so bring on the avenobenzone, Clinique). I've been using it for a few weeks and my skin looks great; I've never before found a sunscreen that doesn't break me out. My only gripe is that it leaves a slightly sticky residue on my powder brush, even if I wait 10 minutes between applying the moisturizer and applying powder. But that's not a big deal when weighed against the awesomeness of this product. Will definitely buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2008 1:39:00 AM More reviews by krazie7

Doesn't feel oily however it does feel a bit thick and i feel like my pores aren't able to breathe. The cream has a bit of a color but once you rub it onto your skin, color does not show very much. This product might make skin more oily though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2006 12:08:00 PM More reviews by duducat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good for my summer! A little oily when first applied, but then would fade and I didn't really notice any oilness afterwards. Have wored this to Hawaii and Florida, my face has always been well protected!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2004 11:35:00 AM More reviews by icycool

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is just too oily and broke me out like hell. The packaging is impressive and this last for a long long time but the smell is also stron. Does not leave whitish hue -this is good. However, thumbs down for oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2003 12:20:00 PM More reviews by filmart

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

As a reviewer below stated, this product does not contain titanium dioxide, as Paula Begoun claims it does. (I wish I had gone through these reviews first before purchasing this sunscreen so impulsively; I guess I was attracted to the fact that it was one of the few unscented sunscreens available.) The only UVA protection it contains is avobenzone, and it's not even at the top of the active ingredients list. I wish a LOT more department store brands would invest in advanced titanium dioxide and/or zinc oxide-based sunscreens -- they certainly have had enough YEARS and resources to accomplish this! Aside from the UVA issue, the texture for Face Sunscreen is quite sticky and greasy, even on very dry skin like mine (the feel of it made me worry a great deal about potential breakouts). It also made my powder blush dissolve into a consistency more difficult to blend. EL, through their many companies, should be the department store leader in advanced sunscreen formulations, and instead they're barely keeping pace with drugstore lines. And, by the way, when will all these department store lines quit making their sunscreens so heavily fragranced? Why can't our American companies duplicate what Pola has done for years -- offer an unscented, water-resistant sunscreen with physical UVA blockers and high SPF? Will the likes of EL explain to us why this is so impossible???

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2003 2:24:00 PM More reviews by CulturedPearl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This sunscreen works and there is an oil free formula that is perfect for my oily acne prone skin. I wouldn't put another sunscreen on my face for fear of breaking out but this moisturizes without being too greasy.