September 2, 2014 | 1878 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Vitamin E Illuminating Moisture Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by agnebai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Good moisturizer, feels very nice on my skin, gets absorbed easily, quite light, smells good. BUT. It looks purple in the tube, and - no surprise - it also looks purple on my skin. I could finish the entire 50ml tube only because of those qualities I mentioned in the first line AND because I always wear make-up (like concealers, foundation, bronzers) which covers and kills the purple color. I would feel weird using this moisturizer without applying anything on top - it would be a little bit too "illuminating" for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by drgul85

It definitely does not illuminate your skin.
A little bit goes long. I used it through out the winters. And still have a bit left.
I would say its just a good day creme.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by vania28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love the feeling that my skin got after using this product(and any TBS Vit E product), the soft,smooth and supple skin. It's quite good for makeup base. But it became too oily for my skin,and in the end I couldn't go anywhere without my blotting paper.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by yisha

Weirdest cream I've ever came across. This product leaves a purple oily sheen on your face, what the hell?
TBS brands their products as natural, herbal, and healthy. Look at the ingredients: peg, all sorts of paraben, Shea butter, and fragrance. You could get exactly the same crappy ingredients at a dollar store.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2012 6:01:00 AM More reviews by deli456

Personally I'm not impressed. Initially I'd bought this to just give me a bit of a highlight underneath my makeup. So I bought it, cleansed my face and used a tiny bit as a moisturiser. It comes on purple and tones itself down after rubbing it in. I have medium-dark skin and while the purple tones may compliment lighter shades, this simply is not the tone for me. However I would gladly purchase this product if the purples were exchanged for gold and red tones which would compliments my skin shade, olives and tans. I love the Vitamin E range however I have the plain body lotion and cleanser, and it smells gorgeous, very fresh and feminine alike this product. Oily skin would probably not enjoy this product unless you're considering to use it on cheekbones and other places on the face suitable for highlighting under powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by FloatingKiss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love love this product!

It sinks into my skin really easily and gives it an instant pinky glow! You do only need a tiny bit or it can become greasy.

I naturally have pale skin and the pinky glow is just fabulous. When I use fake tan on my face, I still use this product and I still get the 'glow', however, its just a little less pink.

I do think that it is a little expensive, but the pot that I have will last me for quite a while as I only have to use a tiny bit each time I use it.

I do wear it underneath make up, so the pinky glow can depleat a little bit. It is perfect for a no make up day and gives you that cheeky-fresh-face-glow.

Defo worth popping into The Body Shop (if you can) and see if they can give you a trial pot/sachet...

Enjoy. : )

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by NitaDoerksen

I love this product!!! I like to mix it up with my foundation, or use it by itself. It does just what it says, gives you an instant healthy looking glow! I will definetly be buying this again, the price is so worth it!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 6:39:00 AM More reviews by HotLikeMexico

First, let me just say that my skin-tone is somewhere between tan-medium. I say this first because I'v heard many medium - dark skinned people say this cream makes them look bad in any way. For me, that is not the case.

I was a bit put off when I read so many reviews criticising how this cream makes people with similar skin-tone to mine look bad. But I'd read so many good reviews of it(regardless of skin colour) that I decided to buy it anyway. Btw there is one review on TBS website where someone mentioned that their mother who is brown-skinned loved this cream. That made me want to buy it too. And I love it.

I will first give details, then list pros and cons.

The key to making sure it does not give you a purple or pinkish tint on your face or make you look greasy is simple: use it with a verrry light hand. All I do is dip my middle finger once, lightly into the pot, and use only the amount that comes off on my finger. I put a bit on my cheeks, forehead and around my mouth. I start with my cheeks because when used right, this can really light up the cheeks beautifully. If I need more than my initial application, I apply the tiiiniest amount, ONLY around my mouth because that is the driest area of my face.

So that's the way to go, IMO. Use a very small amount, and from that amount use more on your cheeks to make them glow. The great thing about this cream is that it moisturises well too, while making the face glow. So if you're using it for that purpose, apply a tiny amount on the dry patch and blend in. I have dry skin generally, and normally lather on the moisturiser in winters. But with this cream, all I need is less than a pea-sized amount. Perhaps half a pea-size.

Some people say it breaks them out. I have dust allergies so I tend to break out at random times because of them. So I haven't noticed this cream causing any breakouts. If you are prone to breakouts after using makeup, I suggest you try it first, wait a day and then buy it if you like it.

In brief:
PROS
- Illuminates beautifully, even on medium-dark skins (read one of the reviews on TBS website if you're still unconvinced).
- You need only half a pea-sized amount, at most, to illuminate and moisturise.
- Great for dry-skinned people - you'll need only a tiny amount to moisturise your skin in seconds.
- Blends fast, so blend it quickly and well (always blend downward) to get results.
-Great smell - it smells like baby lotion and I love that. Some people may be put off by the smell, but it is very light, fresh and fades after a while.

CONS
- Packaging - hate it! My pot is new but in time I may have to dip my fingers in deeper so it is bound to get under my nails and what not. I wish they'd provided it in a tube.
- It is expensive where I live. But in most countries like the US and UK TBS is always having sales or handing out coupons so if you want it, get it when that's happening.
- Amount - since it is expensive where I live, I wish they'd provided more. It is 50ml. But you only need a tiny amount. So I'm also unsure about this one.

IN CONCLUSION: I love this product. It is great when worn alone. You can use it without foundation for a gorgeous glowing natural look. It makes cheeks very dewy. Apply this cream, two coats of mascara and a slick of gloss or lipstick and you'll be good to go. Worn under makeup as a moisturiser/primer/illuminator, it makes foundation look lovely. I've worn it every day since I got it about a week ago. For me it is expensive, but there is an 80% chance I'll be buying it again so I'm more than willing to save up for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

i use this if i wash my face sometime in the day, i use it as a substitute for the morning cream. just like the morning cream it makes my face yummy and soft and looks pinkish :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

I was a bit wary about The Body Shop face moisturizers since I had previously tried the seaweed line and it gave me terrible breakouts and did not moisturize my skin at all. However, I gave this one a try since there was a promotion going on.

This one is much more gentle on my skin and I find that it's an effective moisturizer for my skin type. I also like the illuminating effect, gives me a nice glow provided I don't use too much. :) I've been using this for a few weeks now and I love it!

I would definitely repurchase.