Clinique Superpowder Double Face Makeup

3.8

new:: Talc, Isostearyl Linoleate, Titanium Dioxide, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Trimyristin, Alumina, Methicone, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate.May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Red 30 Lake, Carmine, Bismuth Oxychloride, Red 7 Lake, Ultramarines

on 12/29/2014 5:11:00 PM

Perfect ~ It acts like a featherlight powder, has a demure scent but covers and evens the skintone to perfection so is the perfect foundation. I'm blond and use neutral.
Really superb product. Only available in a pinky tone, a deep beige ( too dark for me) but neutral is ideal for autumn/wintee

on 12/20/2014 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

After testing this at the Clinique counter, I decided that this was a very good foundation for me. Despite the fact that I already own a Clinique tinted moisturizer that I like, this stuff is great. It doesn't dry my face out at all and gives perfect coverage. I have splotchy skin and spider veins, and this stuff really helps with coverage. I use the color Matte Beige.

on 9/26/2014 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is it. MY SUPER POWDER. I've always been the kind of person to not wear foundation of any kind because I felt like I could feel it/wearing a mask and there was nothing major going on for me to need to either. But now I can't go without it. It evens out my complexion and gives that flawless finish that makes me wonder WHY WHY WHY did I not find this sooner. Why look ok when this can make you look amazing?! This is SO light for a great coverage, and it didn't cause a single pimple. I'll probably still be using this when I'm 90.

on 7/8/2014 9:10:00 PM

Many of the people talking about how this product "oxidizes" or wears off, most likely live in humid areas or have oily skin. This product is not recommended for oily skin, and most Clinique sale associates will warn you that this may not be the product for you if you have oily skin. I personally have combination (oily/dry) skin, mainly oily in my t-zone, and the only thing that has happened to me is that I have to reapply to attain a "matte" look. The price is great, considering this is a high end brand and also the packaging is so beautiful! The coverage on this is amazing but I must say that this only lasts at most 4 months, so it doesn't last very long. If you are acne prone, this product is for you since it doesn't cause breakouts since it's so light weight! Definitely my go to face makeup!!

on 6/17/2014 6:03:00 PM

I am really sad this didn't work for me because I really love clinique and their products! I bought the lightest shade (bisque) and it leans on the neutral-pink tone and im more neutral so the shade wasnt an exact match either. What I didn't like about this is how drying it is on my skin. It looks really powdery when you put it on and then it completely wears off in about 2 hours (I used this alone because I don't wear liquid foundations). Ive tried it with and without primer and I still cant get it to stay! My face would look greasy aftwards and like I never even had makeup on which isn't the look I wanted. I decided to give up on it and just go return it next time im at the mall. I like lancomes duel finish powder foundatoin better and I will continue to use that instead. I only want to try something new and I wish I didn't now!

Pros
---
Fragrance free
Sturdy, attractive packaging

Cons
---
Terrible shade selection
Dries out skin/clings to dry/flakey skin
Powdery/Cakey
Wears off too quickly
Made skin look oily

on 5/30/2014 7:37:00 PM

This product is what I use for my everyday foundation look! It has good coverage when sitting on top of my concealer which I use on my problem areas! It feels very light! Is long lasting and doesn't break me out!

on 5/27/2014 2:19:00 PM

I really wanted to love this powder. It goes on beautifully and matches well... AT FIRST!

Give it 30 mins to an hour and it oxidizes like crazy on me. I turn bright orange. Not a good look. I tried it with and without primer. With and without moisturizer. All kinds of combinations to see if I could stop it from oxidizing. Nothing worked. I'm bummed, because I love the coverage. Anyone have any tips maybe? I guess the ingredients just don't like my skin.

I am going back to my Clinique Almost Powder, which never seems to turn orange on me.

on 3/22/2014 11:37:00 PM

I wanted to try a different powder foundation, so I bought this to replace my BareMinerals foundation. This did not provide enough coverage for me compared to the BareMinerals foundation, and it also did not have any coverage in photographs. It would be good for someone who wants extra coverage over powder/liquid foundation or anyone who wants very minimal coverage. Other than that, I would not recommend.

on 3/19/2014 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this powder foundation when I had a period of sensitive aggravated skin with red areas and burning feeling after I washed my face. I didn't want to use liquids not to disturb skin with rubbing. I tried the powder in 07 color option and got amazed how comfortable it felt on my dried out skin. It lasts well, looks natural in any light and is not drying at all. I now wear it with pleasure instead or on too of tinted moisturizer.

on 3/14/2014 8:00:00 PM

Im quite disappointed with this. I had high hopes considering the price tag and the nice ratings here on MUA. I bought this from Sephora's website, and while choosing a foundation color online can be tricky and is probably not reccommended, that wasn't the case here. Sephora lists this as a powder foundation that is ideal for people with oily skin, so I bought it based on reviews here and Sephora reccommendations. However, when I go to the Clinique counter and the website, this powder is NOT reccommended for people with oily skin at all. With that said, this foundation applied wonderfully. The color was perfect, the coverage was adequate (medium coverage), and it was so silky and quite lovely AT FIRST. I even applied my ELF HD finishing powder just to ward off any oilies. That did nothing for this disaster. Within a few hours,maybe three, the color oxidized and my face was an oil slick. I wasn't even aware of the horrendous mess, when my fiance asked me if I had put self tanning lotion on my face. Which I had not, it was just the face powder. Oily skinned gals BEWARE!