October 25, 2014 | 1670 users online

Powder - Clinique - Superpowder Double Face Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Pamxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is it. MY SUPER POWDER. I've always been the kind of person to not wear foundation of any kind because I felt like I could feel it/wearing a mask and there was nothing major going on for me to need to either. But now I can't go without it. It evens out my complexion and gives that flawless finish that makes me wonder WHY WHY WHY did I not find this sooner. Why look ok when this can make you look amazing?! This is SO light for a great coverage, and it didn't cause a single pimple. I'll probably still be using this when I'm 90.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by lgarcia96

Many of the people talking about how this product "oxidizes" or wears off, most likely live in humid areas or have oily skin. This product is not recommended for oily skin, and most Clinique sale associates will warn you that this may not be the product for you if you have oily skin. I personally have combination (oily/dry) skin, mainly oily in my t-zone, and the only thing that has happened to me is that I have to reapply to attain a "matte" look. The price is great, considering this is a high end brand and also the packaging is so beautiful! The coverage on this is amazing but I must say that this only lasts at most 4 months, so it doesn't last very long. If you are acne prone, this product is for you since it doesn't cause breakouts since it's so light weight! Definitely my go to face makeup!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am really sad this didn't work for me because I really love clinique and their products! I bought the lightest shade (bisque) and it leans on the neutral-pink tone and im more neutral so the shade wasnt an exact match either. What I didn't like about this is how drying it is on my skin. It looks really powdery when you put it on and then it completely wears off in about 2 hours (I used this alone because I don't wear liquid foundations). Ive tried it with and without primer and I still cant get it to stay! My face would look greasy aftwards and like I never even had makeup on which isn't the look I wanted. I decided to give up on it and just go return it next time im at the mall. I like lancomes duel finish powder foundatoin better and I will continue to use that instead. I only want to try something new and I wish I didn't now!

Pros
---
Fragrance free
Sturdy, attractive packaging

Cons
---
Terrible shade selection
Dries out skin/clings to dry/flakey skin
Powdery/Cakey
Wears off too quickly
Made skin look oily

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by BabyNova

This product is what I use for my everyday foundation look! It has good coverage when sitting on top of my concealer which I use on my problem areas! It feels very light! Is long lasting and doesn't break me out!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by christinean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this powder. It goes on beautifully and matches well... AT FIRST!

Give it 30 mins to an hour and it oxidizes like crazy on me. I turn bright orange. Not a good look. I tried it with and without primer. With and without moisturizer. All kinds of combinations to see if I could stop it from oxidizing. Nothing worked. I'm bummed, because I love the coverage. Anyone have any tips maybe? I guess the ingredients just don't like my skin.

I am going back to my Clinique Almost Powder, which never seems to turn orange on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by annalynne

I wanted to try a different powder foundation, so I bought this to replace my BareMinerals foundation. This did not provide enough coverage for me compared to the BareMinerals foundation, and it also did not have any coverage in photographs. It would be good for someone who wants extra coverage over powder/liquid foundation or anyone who wants very minimal coverage. Other than that, I would not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by SelenaSerena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this powder foundation when I had a period of sensitive aggravated skin with red areas and burning feeling after I washed my face. I didn't want to use liquids not to disturb skin with rubbing. I tried the powder in 07 color option and got amazed how comfortable it felt on my dried out skin. It lasts well, looks natural in any light and is not drying at all. I now wear it with pleasure instead or on too of tinted moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Im quite disappointed with this. I had high hopes considering the price tag and the nice ratings here on MUA. I bought this from Sephora's website, and while choosing a foundation color online can be tricky and is probably not reccommended, that wasn't the case here. Sephora lists this as a powder foundation that is ideal for people with oily skin, so I bought it based on reviews here and Sephora reccommendations. However, when I go to the Clinique counter and the website, this powder is NOT reccommended for people with oily skin at all. With that said, this foundation applied wonderfully. The color was perfect, the coverage was adequate (medium coverage), and it was so silky and quite lovely AT FIRST. I even applied my ELF HD finishing powder just to ward off any oilies. That did nothing for this disaster. Within a few hours,maybe three, the color oxidized and my face was an oil slick. I wasn't even aware of the horrendous mess, when my fiance asked me if I had put self tanning lotion on my face. Which I had not, it was just the face powder. Oily skinned gals BEWARE!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I am having a love/hate relationship with this. I have been on search for a replacement for my favorite powder foundation, Maybelline Purestay, which sadly was discontinued.

On the love side, it covers very well for a powder foundation, goes on and blends so easily, the color that the SA recommended for me is a great match, and feels light and natural on my skin.

The hate, well, first of all, it transfers like nothing I have ever used. And I get oily breakthrough very quickly, and look like a shiny mess.

It looks so pretty when I first put it on, if it would stay like that, it would be perfect. I don't know if I will buy it again or not. For the price, I would have to say no. But who knows. This search for a new powder foundation isn't going very well. Frustrating.

Edited to add: I tried Cover Girl Simply Powder. I cant say that this Clinique foundation is any better or any worse than the Cover Girl. I can get 3 or 4 of the Cover Girl for the price of one of the Clinique, so now I have to say, no, I would not buy the Clinique again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by ohmoes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a very blotchy face and visible spider veins, but I don't like spending too long on my makeup in the morning, so this powder foundation is just perfect. It evens out my skin tone beautifully, and as an added bonus it also seems to be very camera-friendly. I just apply after moisturizing and I'm fine for the day. The only drawback is that it does tend to cake up on my nose where my glasses sit, and I also need to avoid my eyebrows or I end up with powdery flakes in them. On special occasions, I prefer liquid foundation and loose powder, but for a flawless, everyday look in seconds, this compact is unbeatable.