September 15, 2014 | 905 users online

Primer/ Corrector - New York Color - Perfect and Reflect Complete Foundation Kit

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 4:08:00 AM More reviews by cheeky

I bought this on ebay for $6 including s/h, i'm not sure if this is discontinued or not because I've never seen it at a store before. Anyway, I purchased this in warm, and am so pleased with it. I'm NC10/15, and the concealer this comes with is actually light enough for me, which is shocking. The under-eye concealer it comes with is great, I would use this as a correcter, it doesn't brighten the under-eye area the way some concealers do, but it masks dark circles wonderfully. I can't comment on the eye shadow primer because I don't wear eye shadow. I like the highlighter although many people probably won't, because it seems to be the exact same color as the highlighter that comes in the NYC individual eyes eye shadow palettes, which many people seemed to dislike based on reviews. Overall, this is a nice inexpensive little kit that you can travel with, the only con i can think of is that the formula on all of these feels somewhat dry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2007 9:42:00 AM More reviews by misscurlylocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great little find. They have started to stock this in boots the chemist in the UK. I have concealers and stuff but this is compact and great to ake away on travels and shove in it your pocket for touchs ups. Its affordable for ny budet and you get a quad of 4 pallettes of touch-ups:
1.pinky pearly highlighter for cheekbones
2. green Correcter concealer for reddish blemishs and spots
3. Eye shadpw base so eyeshadow stays put on oily lids and lasts
4. beige concealer for minor flaws.
All the essentails for flawless skin.
This is a great find and it does do the job its a shame there is no mirror. I hope they make a mini-make-up kit with a mirror and a mascara and a blusher and a powder and I am done. I really rate this and I am going to buy a couple more and scatter them about...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2007 7:19:00 AM More reviews by cyber_showgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe how useful I've found this handy little budget gem from NYC cosmetics (Pssst UK girls! Although NYC's an American brand, you can buy this from bigger Superdrug stores for £2.99, which is a steal)

Perfect & Reflect comes in two colourways, warm and cool. "Warm" has a yellow undereye circle concealer, whereas the "cool" quad contains a green concealer designed to counteract redness. It's the "warm" quad I purchased (as I have just the undereye circles FROM HELL), and it's this I'll be reviewing. I beleive the other three products (eyeshadow base, blemish concealer, cream highlighter) are identical in both quads, though....

The four products are as follows:-

1. Yellow cream undereye concealer. Nice and creamy and does wonders on my dark circles. Every bit as good as my other "HG" circle concealer, Pure Luxe "Banana Split", but a helluva lot easier to carry round and apply, as this is a cream while Banana Split is a powdered product. This is best applied delicately with a fingertip rather than with the sponge applicator supplied. On it's own, I would give this product, at this price, a 5 out of 5.

2. Blemish concealer. A thick cream in a good, pale and neutral colour that I think would be useful for most complexions, this does the job nicely. As others have noted, it is quite a thick, dry consistency, so might not be to everybody's taste, but I have quite oily skin and this texture works well for me as it STAYS PUT and doesn't make my skin oilier. On it's own, I would give this product, at this price, a 4 out of 5.

3. Cream highliter. A pearly white cream with a lighter texture than the other two cproducts described so far, and fairly large shimmery particles - looks a bit "glittery" and bit too white, whereas a nice finer-milled glitter in a more toned-down colour would have given a more wearable sheen - but that said, this still ain't bad - it's just a drugstore-brand-quality shimmer cream very similar to a dozen other I've tried. On it's own, I would give this product, at this price, a 3 out of 5.

4. Eyeshadow base. Well, this isn't UDPP, but it's a perfectly servicable little eyeshadow cream base. Does definitely strengthen colour and smooth out eyeshadow application. Shadow lastability isn't significantly improved by it, the texture could be lighter and smoother, but at the same time I didn't experience any problems with creasing or watery eye or anything. Overall an OK shadow base which I do use. On it's own, I would give this product, at this price, a 3 out of 5.

Overall a great little quad and something I carry about in my handbag with me wherever I go. I honestly think this is a fab little find and would recommend it as a great little "travel kit" for any makeup lover. I wouldn't mind at all if they tripled the price and improved the base and highlighters, and this would actually make it an even better buy, and a TOTAL essential, but at this price, with these quality of cosmetics, it's still pretty damned fantastic - I'd happily pay £2.99 for the undereye circle cream alone. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2005 11:28:00 PM More reviews by dancinbluegirl

i like this,i got it in the warm coloring and it works fantastic.the primer you have to use your fingers for it,and a thin layer.the yellow concealer helps my undereye and my redness.the other concealer i dont use and the highlighter i use in the corners of my eyes.its really nice for only 3 dollars.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2005 12:30:00 AM More reviews by onegoodcat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The eyeshadow primer in this is horrible. It creased horribly. It looked awful. The eyeshadow/brightner was alright, the concealer was okay. The primer first looked like it was gonna do the trick but after a while there was the crease. The concealer seemed pretty dry though.