L'Oreal Feria Starry Night

2.6

on 5/25/2015 8:57:00 AM

I have very thin medium length hair which had been bleached and dyed and was was horrible brassy light brown with 2 inches regrowth. I was very skeptical about how it would turn out but the result was gorgeous, shiny, dimentional and very blue! It blended my roots and ends perfectly and my hair feels fantastic considering its state beforehand and that I used very little of the conditioner.
I think this is one of the best blue back dyes as it doesn't look dull or flat whatsoever and I love the midnight blue hue. However, if you have lighter hair or want something more subtle this may not be the one to go for.

on 5/13/2015 2:37:00 PM

Believe the bad reviews!!!
I wanted to find my HG blue black hair dye and this one is underwhelming. No blue black whatsoever. I don't see a difference on my hair. There are other blue black dyes that are better and cheaper. I should have listened to the many bad reviews here and other sites (heck, there's even a horror story forum about it and I was an idiot for not listening). Pathetic dye. I was so enamoured by the name "Starry Night" and really thought it would have some blue undertones in it but nope, none AT ALL. See my and many other people's mistake and learn from it by not buying it!

☆☆UNLESS YOU WANT ELECTRIC BLUE HAIR DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT☆☆

A litte background to encourage you further not to buy: I am not an amateur when it comes to coloring my own hair (since I was 15 and im 30), and ive been using Feria the last 3 years. Their product has always worked well/matched the shade stated, covered completely (I have fine hair but TONS of it), never dried out my hair or faded out quickly.. And we're talking about the fact I have to dye/touch up my hair every 6 to 8 weeks so I purchase 8 or 9 kits a year.. WELL I USED TO BUT NEVER AGAIN!
I HAVE NOW CURRENTLY SPENT IN THE LAST 4 DAYS $125 AND COUNTING TRYING TO FIX THE GIANT BLUE MESS ON MY HEAD. I always follow the instructions to the T. Even after I started to towel dry my hair and noticed a slight blue tint I didn't panic too much. I usually use violet black but wanted a new look for the new year. Ohh, I definitely got what I asked for except I didn't notice in the dull household bathroom lighting. It wasn't until I was in the fluorescent bathroom lighting at work and I freaked out! Funny think was everyone I work with is so sweet, they were complimenting me the whole day. As I examined it further I noticed that even though my hair was FULLY SATURATED the color did not take completely in certain areas... WHICH HAS NEVER HAPPENED!
I booked the 1st available appointment I could at a highly recommended salon several co-worker's use (2 days). Upon arrival, they examine my hair and inform me it'll more than likely take 2 appts bc blue black is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to remove and my hair is so dry and corse they thought I had dyed it 3 or 4x not just once. I still have to go back for my 2nd appt but at least my hair is a normal color. Now it just looks like straw, and I just spent $60 on repairing treatments.
☆☆IF YOU ARE TRYING FOR SUBTLE OR NATURAL... DO NOT USE THIS☆☆

on 9/30/2014 9:01:00 PM

I've had so many different hair colors. Purple, oranges, reds, blues, and then back to my natural- only to get bored and switch to black. My natural hair color is a very dark brown, so I figured going to black would be a slight but welcome change. I was half right. I've used Feria coloring for almost all my dye jobs. The color is incredibly vivid, it lasts, and it's cheap. Cool, great.
This color was advertised as a 'blue black'. Well, sure, if you've got really light hair. For someone with dark hair, it will make your hair a DEAD black. Which isn't all bad if you're pale like yours truly and looking for a little bit of retro glamour. Just be warned that this is NOT blue black unless your hair is light, and if you don't have thick hair it will dry and fry your hair almost beyond repair.
Thick hair? Four stars.
Otherwise, don't waste your time.

on 6/4/2014 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This was the absolute worst hair dye I have EVER Purchased... and I have had some cheep dollar tree hair dye before. It didnt even dye my hair black... it went from brown to one shade darker... if that. I had such high hopes.

on 5/23/2014 9:01:00 AM

Vibrant shimmering color that won't wreck or ravage your hair... The end in flat color is what L'oreal claim... This hair color was disgusting. It "bleed" continually and after 10 days I was back to my original color being dark brown. Doesn't wreck or ravage ? Left hair feeling like it was over processed and straw like. The only thing positive about this color is the packaging and advertising. Shimmering? That would be the bank account of L'oreal...

on 4/22/2014 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have lots of experience with different hair dyes. My favorite has always been l'oreal, both their professional line and the box dyes. I have very light-medium brown hair with heavy red-orange undertones. Even in a dimly lit place you'll see them. People comment that they LIKE that but I absolutely hate it, I felt it always brought out the orange in my skin tone. I used to dye it a light ash brown so it'll look more neutral but I hated getting roots. For the past 2 years I've been dying it dark brown to jet black every couple of months. I was using garnier because I think it's must healthier for your hair but the problem with those is that the color washes off very quickly. This has to be my favorite color so far. Very dark, very neutral. If you don't have reddish undertones you will probably see blue. My friend did this before and she had gray in her hair so you can see the blue. But on me this is just jet black which I absolutely love. Goodbye orangey brown hair! Yuk.

Note: This will dye everything it touches. Put a towel on your sink, be ready to wash the tub afterwards.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I would never use this again. It faded way to fast. and now my hair looks grey

on 10/4/2012 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

this color is stunning, really beautiful, but it faded so fast. i'd rather get stuff from a beauty supply that will last longer even if though i can't find a color that's just as good. i did like the conditioner that was included as well.

on 10/4/2012 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

It's the black-blue that i love the most! It leaves your hair,shiny,soft and super black! On greys it goes away faster,but,it's ok in general! It's the blackest black for me that i've found! Love it!

Popular Hair Products