April 18, 2014 | 1990 users online

Hair - L'Oreal - Feria Starry Night

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by JacobsMamabird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would never use this again. It faded way to fast. and now my hair looks grey

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by junipurr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

this color is stunning, really beautiful, but it faded so fast. i'd rather get stuff from a beauty supply that will last longer even if though i can't find a color that's just as good. i did like the conditioner that was included as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's the black-blue that i love the most! It leaves your hair,shiny,soft and super black! On greys it goes away faster,but,it's ok in general! It's the blackest black for me that i've found! Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Iím not really at all sure of where to start with LíOreal Feriaís Starry Night. I took a leap, not only in changing my color (I normally opt for Jet Blacks) but in taking a chance and doing the dying at home which is something that I havenít done in almost a year, thanks to a bout with Revlon ColorSilk that resulted in having inches cut from my hair.
What I liked about Starry Night was that it didnít have a really horrific smell as some box dyes are notorious for. You know, the ones so potent that you apply it while keeping a bandana or something over your mouth and nose like a bandit for fear that you might suffocate. No? Maybe thatís just me then.
Anyway, I have TONS of hair. Itís naturally curly, coarse, extremely thick and currently reaching just below the middle of my back. One box of Starry Night coated my hair evenly and without much hassle at all. The formula dispersed well and I was pretty impressed because trying to get a comb through my hair is a nightmare on its own, never mind when itís saturated with color. Eek. The directions were simple and truly, we had no real issues with applying it. The texture is great and didnít drip or stain badly either.
Having the sort of history with at-home box dyes and the paranoia of them that I do, I made sure that I kept the dye on for not a second longer than the directions suggested. Upon washing it out, I noticed that my hair was tangling and feeling just extremely dry. Though itís been a while, I genuinely canít recall a time when any other dye made my hair feel quite as dry as this one has- even pre conditioned. ďOkayĒ, I thought, ďThe little tube of conditioner will fix this right up!Ē
WellÖnot really. I mixed the conditioner included with the box as well as my usual deep conditioner and left it on for about two hours with a shower cap. I wasnít really impressed when I washed it out. My hair still just felt sort of stiff and parched.
The blue in this color isnít too noticeable on my previously black dyed hair, not even on the (very long) roots which were previously sort of an ashy medium brown with lots of copper strands. Iím going to take a wild guess and assume that the blue in the dye neutralized my red tones and just made them gleam silver rather than blue? Itís a nice change and the color does have quite a bit of shimmer to it as advertised. The blue is very subtle though present. Mostly it just looks quite silvery somehow. To be fair, it is considered a ďBrightĒ Black rather than a blue one, so Iím not too disappointed.
Iím not going to comment on the longevity of this color simply because; wellÖI donít think I care. I doubt Iíll use it again just because of how dry it made my hair.
I know that there arenít many semi-permanent, no-bleach drugstore blue blacks out there, but I would definitely avoid this if you have somewhat dry hair anyway or use heat on your hair pretty religiously. There are certainly more gentle permanent dyes out there if your hair is dry and you canít get a hold of a light semi-permanent dye. For those of you with light colored hair or greys- BEWARE! This is likely to make your hair a royal blue. If thatís what youíre looking for and your hair is pretty resilient, then by all means, LíOreal Feriaís Starry Night might be the one. Otherwise, I think Iíd shop around.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by xstaylor30x

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS COLOR!! This is my absolute favorite. I've been using it for years, I love the rich black and blue color it gives my hair, it smells wonderful, and leaves my hair so soft and shiny, it's the only dye I've found that actually IMPROVES the condition of my hair. I LOVE the blue glow. It's totally worth paying a little extra than the other box dye. I've been coloring for 15 years, and I always go back to this brand and color. I don't have a big problem with staining with this one either, unlike others that stain EVERYTHING, I don't have to scrub my tub after I rinse out this one. I highly reccomend this one, I don't understand all the negative reviews on this product. The color comes out EXACTLY as it looks on the box, and it last about 6 weeks. Perfect for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by EyesandMind

This product is not worth the money!!..At first, you will see immediate results. The color will appear very bright, black and shiny. Unfortunately it doesn't tell you that the color will Wash out after only 2 WASHES!!..Any permanent hair dye should last at least 6 months to a year, with you only having to touch up your roots..I know this because I've tried less expensive black hair dyes and the color NEVER faded..Im very disappointed in this product, and it's definitely not worth the money spent. I DO NOT recommend that you buy this product if you are looking for a permanent black color that will last..

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by operadiva93

I have naturally dark brown hair with some lighter brown highlights; I have dyed my hair black before, but that was a while ago. Once I started thinking about it again, I looked to this brand because I've read some decent reviews. I was really shocked by the negative reviews I saw here, and apprehensive to try the product, but I went for it. The result...

FANTASTIC! It was easy to apply, though the excessive blue tint of the dye made me extremely nervous; I was not looking for very much "blue" in my black; just a deep, rich, cool black with blue-ish undertones. My result is exactly that. In addition to the excellent color, it made my hair feel very silky and healthy, with plenty of beautiful shine. I now have that dramatic midnight black hair I was aiming for.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by jps8455

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had medium brown hair... I bought this product wanting to spice up my hair. At first it was navy but after a few washes it turned more black... Now a month later it's faded to almost a grey looking. GREY! I'm only 19! My hair is grey. I'm disappointed. Usually Feria is the brand I always go to because the colour is so vibrant and multidemensional,but this navy to black to dark grey has me questioning Feria...
JPS

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wrote a review for this previously, but instead of updating it, I feel the need to start all over.
First of all, this color is indeed bright blue. Not bright black, like they claim, but bright blue. Also, it faded after 2, count 'em, 2 shampoos. 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am now forced to re-color my hair (obviously with a different brand) a week after using this. I call bullshit on Feria. This is the single worst hair color I have ever used, and I've used 'em all!
The last time I had black hair, I dyed it once and it lasted for an entire year. I only had to touch up my roots, monthly. So the fact that this crap only lasts through a couple of shampoos just boggles my mind!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 2:36:00 AM More reviews by knightgodess

Ok. Every last one of you complaining about this product because it turned your hair blue, you are an idiot. When you go outside at night the sky is a gorgeous shade of navy BLUE. Yes, the sky is dark but it is never black unless the moon and stars are not shining! And the name of this product is STARRY NIGHT! THINK! this product does what it is supposed to do. It gave you a dark blue that you picked up, read the box, and then bought. If you are going to complain about something, don't make yourself look like an idiot in the process. Have a good day wallowing in your own stupidity.