Got 2 Be 2sexy - Voluptuous Volume Aero Shampoo

2.2

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

After reading the rave reviews for the hairspray, I noticed the shampoo in the same line at my local pound shop. It was so cheap I gave it a go, I figured it was only a pound if i didn't like it.
Well, I didn't. The mousse seems to take ages to start pumping out, then all whooshes out at once. The packaging is pretty ugly. You need to use what seems like loads of product to get a lather.
It does cleanse well and I liked the smell though, it reminds me of miracle by lancome.
Wouldn't buy it again, mediocre product, that gave none of the promised voluminous effect.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I should have known when i found this at the dollar store. It's mousse-like, didn't even saturate hair. After the shower, my hair came out knottier than usual..worst shampoo ever!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this shampoo on a whim @ a local warehouse sale for $2.99 CAD. The shampoo comes in a rust proof canned bottle and looks exactly like mousse when you dispense it. It also didnít lather really well. I would put some shampoo on the top of my head and it would just sit there. Very difficult to work the shampoo down to the rest of your hair unless you dispense more product.

The results were okay, my hair had some volume but I cannot get over the mousse like consistency and how much longer it takes to wash my hair. For that reason I will not purchase this again.

on 10/17/2006 9:50:00 AM

I got this from cvs since it was on sale for like a 1.50. it leaves hair squeaky clean but dry. even their conditioner doesnt help. It did not increase the volume of my limp hair either. the smell is ok. it might be good if you have really oily hair since it cleans very well.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I actually found this at the dollar store, and I kinda like it. It gets my hair really clean, it smells cool, and I do notice some increase in volume after a couple uses. But I don't really think it's "Voluptous" volume, just a decent change. I thought the bottle was really pretty though =]

on 3/21/2006 6:17:00 PM

I was so excited to get this product home. Ive been wanting to have beautiful voluptuous hair and seeing the ad for this product line made me want to buy it. I've kinda had a so-so relationship with this brand line. I have a few of their styling products and they are simply ok. I was pretty disappointed with this shampoo. It weighed my hair down (I have fine hair, and alot of it) it was hard to wash out. The only things I liked about the product is the hot color of the bottle (it does pretty catchy in the drugstore) the rust free bottle, and the light salon scent of the shampoo. Too bad it wasn't salon quality. I'm still on the looking out for a reasonably priced shampoo.

on 7/18/2005 7:29:00 PM

Ok I've been using this for several days now. I've decided I really like it! The scent is very unique, different, but I like it. Let me describe my hair to you all: combination. I can get very oily at the roots, but I'm typically dry at the ends. It's color treated. I have fine hair, but a lot of it, and it's gotten to be more textured due to coloring. Near the ends my hair has a bit of a wave, but it's primarily stick straight. I had to try this stuff after staring at their ad for 4 hours. When I first went to use it, it wouldn't dispense. I was about to take it back when it suddenly burst out of the container. It still starts off dispensing slowly and then a big poof comes out. That's why I gave it a 2 on the packaging. The can doesn't rust, which is great. Being that I have a grease-prone scalp, I let my shampoo sit on my head for a few minutes before I rinse and repeat. I noticed after one lather most of my greasies were gone. By the second, I noticed my hair felt more upright and not just matted down to my head. I wish this line would have like a foaming conditioner to follow up with, as my heavier conditioner probably defeats the purpose of this shampoo. After blowdrying, I do notice a bit more volume in my hair. And it was quite shiny. I also use the styling lotion from this line, so I'm not sure which product to credit the fact that my hair seemed smoother and more touchable/play-with-able when I use it. I did get a few compliments on my hair too. I'll probably wind up picking up the mousse and stuff too. My hair doesn't really get any more greasy by the end of the day with these products, which is especially nice with the styling lotion. Usually I can't use styling products for that reason. I'd say give it a try, it's only like 6 bucks. UPDATE: 2/11/2007 I still have the first container of this stuff. I rarely ever use it. My hair has become drier and this zaps any moisture out of it.

on 7/8/2005 11:41:00 PM

I live in Texas, land of Big Hair, when I bought this, along with the Voluptuous Volume Aero conditioner, hairspray, and styling lotion, in a package deal for $15, I was excited.

I love the styling lotion and use it all the time with soft/rag curlers, and the hairspray is a good, middle of the road spray (not too sticky, although it doesn't give super-hold, good for every day use).

I've been using the shampoo & conditioner for about a week now, and I'm still not 100% sure what to think. Both come in a pump much like shaving cream, and the texture/consistency is very much like mousse. There's a mild, pleasant scent, and I have found that the aero mousse texture is very easy to work through long, thick hair, and it does rinse cleanly out.

But does it volumize? A bit, yes, but don't expect miracles. However, by using the entire system, you'll achieve some respectable hair volume.

However, if you use a lot of product in your hair, this won't cut it as a daily shampoo. I'd be very surprised if this could wash out something like a pomeade or a wax.

I have a feeling I'll use this shampoo more often in the winter months, but right now, it's just too hot in Texas to make this a daily shampoo/conditioner - for the present, I'm using it about 2 - 3 times a week.

on 7/8/2005 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I picked up this new shampoo by Got2Be cuz I generally love their line, so I was hoping this aero shampoo would add some drastic volume to my hair. Well, so much for the cool mousse-like consistency and pretty-colored dispenser, in terms of volume it did pretty much nothing!!! I know the 2sexy - Voluptuous Volume Styling Lotion is getting rave reviews, but this shampoo was just icky!!! It's literally like using mousse to wash your hair!!! It smells like mousse, has the exact same consistency, and doesn't lather up like shampoos are supposed to, it just kinda sits in and on my hair... pretty gross... the price is cheap (around $5.00) but after a few days' use, I can't wait to use my clarifying shampoo to work it out, cuz it just is starting to feel gunky and really gross. I'm probably gonna throw this can out, and I definitely won't repurchase this again...

Popular Shampoos