Paula's Choice Sheer Cream Lipstick SPF 15 in Nude Illusion

3.5

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%; Avobenzone 2%. (sunscreen agents) Other Ingredients: VP/Hexadecene Copolymer (binding/film-forming agent), Tricaprylin, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate (emollient slip agents), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (emollient and bodifier), Polyisobutene (film-former), Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Ceresin (emollients), Polyethylene (binding agent), Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Triisocetyl Citrate (thickeners), Hydrogenated Polydecene, Octyldodecanol, Paraffin (emollients), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A, antioxidant), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E, antioxidants), Ascorbyl Palmitate (vitamin C, antioxidant), Propylparaben, Butylparaben (preservatives) May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides (mineral-derived pigments), Carmine (naturally-derived pigment), Manganese Violet, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 27 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30, Red 33, Orange 5 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake (coloring agents)

on 7/30/2014 1:05:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I HAD THE SAMPLE BUT WAS ABLE TO USE IT SEVERAL TIMES.
This color is not sheer or nude and is in fact practically identicle to sherbert, but maybe a tinge darker. It is a pretty color for cool skin tones and its an okay price but you could get a similiar color at the drugstore.

on 9/4/2013 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This lipstick is neither sheer nor nude. Not at all what I expected or wanted.

on 7/22/2013 2:00:00 PM

Just like Paula's other Sheer Cream lipsticks, this one isn't sheer and is very drying. I thought this would be a perfect pale nude pink shade but it was too orange. The color has way too much shimmer and is unflattering against my pale skin. I only bought a sample (which is a great idea, wish other companies would do the same) and I am so glad I didn't waste my money. Wouldn't buy a full size but I am going to try the clear version of this lipstick.

on 6/12/2013 9:35:00 AM

-- For reference, I have blue eyes and pale pink lips. -- Nude Illusion is a beautiful almost neutral ( a little warm) medium toned nude shade, but I prefer a slightly paler one so here is how I use it: Before I go on long motorcycle rides I like to protect my lips from the sun otherwise they burn. I used to apply Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunblock Stick SPF 60+, which whitens my lips, with a medium toned nude on top to get some color back on my lips. The white of the sunblock stick plus the medium tone of the lipstick gave me that lighter color I prefer, but I didn't like diluting the sunblock, so I ordered Paula's Choice Sheer Cream Lipstick with SPF 15 in Nude Illusion. Now I apply Nude Illusion, then tone it down with the baby sunblock stick, and finish by contouring with my Lise Watier Waterproof Lip Crayon in Nude. I hope I'm doing this the right way sun-protection wise. Maybe I should put the baby stick on first, then Paula's lipstick? I don't know. But the way I do it looks great and it works. Sun protection and gorgeous color. And I love the slim packaging which doesn't make the pocket of my slim fitting leather jacket bulge. :)

on 7/7/2012 9:36:00 PM

I'm giving this product four lippies because overall, it is a nice lipstick.

I like that it doesn't have a strong smell and applies nicely. Doesn't dry my lips out either.

I have fair/light cool toned skin. This colour is too brown for me. On the website, it came across as being more pink, but its more brown in real life. Its also a very small lipstick, so not much product for price. So only four lippies. I would give it 3.5 if I could.

on 9/14/2010 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i bough a sample of this for $.80.

for a creme formula, i think this could be more moisturizing.

the color really IS a nude-- the EXACT same color as my lips! unfortunately, i was hoping for a something bit lighter, so i will not be buying the full size, ESPECIALLY since the full size is $10!

on 4/30/2010 10:04:00 PM

The color of this lipstick reminds me very much of Revlon's Highbeam Tan, which I love. I bought the sample because it had SPF15, which would make it even better than the Revlon.

But unfortunately, it's very dry, not moisturizing or creamy at all. If you have any lip lines or roughness, it just sits on them and emphasizes them. It doesn't dry your lips out, but it just doesn't look attractive on. And as others have noted, it doesn't last at all. I'm afraid it's gone with your first sip of coffee.

This would be a wonderful lipstick if it had a creamier, more smoothing formulation and were longer-wearing. It has a slighly cocoa butter scent, which is also lovely.

This colour is too dark to be a nude. On my lips, it was the exact same colour as my lips! (A reddish beige). It is going back to Paula's Choice.

on 1/6/2010 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is it guys...the best lipstick. It matches my favorite lip liner (Revlon colorstay lipliner in natural) and my favorite lip gloss (Revlon super lustrous lip gloss in nude lustre). It's a good everyday neutral look that matches everything. And best of all, it offers broad spectrum sun protection!

on 10/2/2007 8:02:00 PM

This was OK for my fair complexion, but not great. It is a wee bit too dark for a nude. It lasted about 2 hours at work with only drinking water.

Popular Lipsticks