September 20, 2014 | 1050 users online

Polishes - Orly - shimmering mauve

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

Shimmering mauve is beautfiul on me. The name is a bit misleading because I wouldn't consider this a true mauve. This shade has a touch of copper in it making it appear warm toned. The best way I can describe this shade is if you mixed the eye shadows MAC Copppering and MAC Cranberry together, you would get this shade. As for the finish, it can be streaky with the first coat, if you put a second layer on and top it with a fast drying top coat right way without allowing layers to dry, you will get a streak free finish. Lastly, I found the formulation to be a bit too thick for my liking. The brush picks up blobs of polish and I have to constantly wipe off excess polish on the edge of the opening of the bottle. The brush is a medium sized one which works okay for my small nails and beds. I didn't have to do much clean up at the end. Overall, a pretty shade and I will repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love Orly polishes, and this one is no exception. It's not really a stand-out WOW color, but it is very pretty. The name pretty much sums it up-a pretty pinky-mauve shimmer with a hint of gold. This is a very warm color, moreso on the nail even than in the bottle. The formula is great, it goes on evenly with no streaking. The coverage is really nice, and you could probably even get away with one coat, but I always use two. I put a gold glitter over a couple of nails as an accent and it looks great together. I cannot speak yet as to how good the wear is, but I've had great luck with Orly in the past. I'm sure I will never use it all but I think it would buy it again. I do wish the Orly brush was just a bit wider, but it's certainly workable.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2008 10:34:00 PM More reviews by mrsbookworm

Unfortunately, this color does not complement my darker skin tone. Nothing against Orly, but I would not buy this particular shade again. I do like Orly polishes in general though (love the rubber grip handle).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Fulltiltredhead

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very rich looking coppery mauve that applies easily and wears like iron. I usually do color on my toenails and just wear clear on my fingernails, but this color looks good on both and is worth the upkeep of colored nail polish. I think of it as a perfect redhead color. I'm tempted to go for a backup bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2006 6:04:00 PM More reviews by emalc

Wow - I usually think of mauves as cool colors, but this one is warm. It is the color of rose gold metal, a warm, opaque metallic with pinky tones - great for fall.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2006 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Mel_C_home

This is a pretty shimmery warm mauve shade. Its kinda "ify" with my skin-tone, but its very wearable year 'round. As always, Orly's wear is comparable to salon brands and applies super-smooth and streak-free.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2005 3:22:00 PM More reviews by moonkatty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried Shimmering Mauve today, thinking it similar to an OPI color I love, Marquis D Mauve. They are absolutely in the same color family. Orly Shimmering Mauve is a shade deeper than the OPI color. That is where the similarity ends. The OPI color is a soft, quiet shimmer. The Orly color is an intense midtone warm mauve with a strong almost metallic sheen-- gorgeous for when you want to kick your mauve up a notch! I would consider this color completely neutral-- neither too cool or too warm. I was thrilled with the beauty of this color and won't hesitate to repurchase. I also like the texture of the Orly polish. It goes on thicker than the OPI. I have to use 2 coats for full coverage in OPI, only 1 coat to cover in the Orly. Very nice all around.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2005 1:00:00 PM More reviews by gigglemommy

oooh i love this color! it's a WARM mauve, which i didn't think existed. it's hard to describe, but think warmed up mauve mixed with gold. vera purty. as with all other orly, it lasts a nice long time, has a great consistancy, great brush, and doesn't break the bank. i'm going to stock up on this color just in case it's discontinued! i've never done that with a nail color before. yawesome.