December 22, 2014 | 1842 users online

Eye Shadow - Yves Saint Laurent - Ombre Vibration Duo Eyeshadows

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Putting on this shadow made me remember the high quality of YSL, one of my favorite brands. It goes on smooth as silk and is very pigment rich. You just have to use a base lid color in order to bring alive the vibrancy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this duo eyeshadows palette when it was on sale ($20NZD about $10 USD) at the YSL counter a few years ago, and it's honestly the best deal I've ever found on HE products. It's super pigmented, has almost no fall out, very easy to use and also extremely convenient. I never had to use brushes to apply the eyeshadows in the palette, the applicators can do the same good job as the brushes. Also I love the black packaging more than those YSL signature golden packaging, it doesn't catch awful figure prints and gets dirty easily. Most importantly, the product lasts for everrrr.... After years of using it, the eyeshadows still looked full in the palette. I finally gave it to my friend only because I had changed my makeup looks over the years and had no use of the colors in the palette. I will repurchase this palette if I find it has the colors I want and it's on sale. It doesn't have to be as low as when I firstly bought it, but $10 USD? I can see how much is the profit margin they've added on these HE products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 3:41:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Nice shades for those who don't mind some shimmer. Highly pigmented. Mirror in case.

CONS: All their shades seem to have at least an underlying shimmer. Where is the true mattes? Used to be able to wear when I was much younger. Doesn't last great on me either.

ALTERNATES: Much prefer Bobbi Brown or even MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2009 12:40:00 PM More reviews by rrzhao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

love love love this eyeshadows, very delicated package, and nice to apply on, IMO it works better than MAC, but it's little bit pricy. will buy again and again

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2008 2:34:00 AM More reviews by kissmeimacat

I have the duo in dark charcoal and a silvery color, and i think it may be years old, but it's still my favorite. I like it so much, it almost scares me to use it! The color is brilliant and smooth, and seems to go on smoother and stays longer than most shadows.

The only problem i have with this is the packaging. The bright shiny gold is a bit tacky and gets scratched soooo easily. 1 week in my makeup bag and it looks like a cheap product :( But there is a brush and mirror though, which is nice for touch ups. I probably would not buy this again though just because of the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

Colors are really intense, yet goes on easily. But the color that I've bought are really really really intense that type (Bronze gold and Dark brown-shimmery) and i accidentally pick up a little too much and the effect was too much on my eyes!!!but overall it's really worth trying and the colors are great for you to mix and match!!!:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2007 3:56:00 PM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very lovely eyeshadow. Purchased in #5. Very easy application and the color is true. Very happy with this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2007 2:53:00 PM More reviews by mitulove

I got this on ebay, so the price didn't hurt so much. I'm glad I did, because the colours and consistency are just brilliant. I got it 31, a pale pink and khaki. The khaki is such a beautiful liner for brown eyes, and the pink is perfect for the rest of the eye. For more depth, I'll put a ruddy bronze color on the outside parts of my eyelid sometimes, and it layers well over the ysl. The ysl doesn't flake when applying or as it wears, and stays all day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2006 6:33:00 AM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Super silky eye shadows, The new ones are silkyer than old ones. I always use the same base: Chanel Ombre Unique Creme eye shadows, which I find works better on me than Lancome color dose type bases. Okay. I have had few of these, but I sold or swapped them because they did not stay on well through the day. Pigment is way better than in most lower end eye shadows. It is similar quality as Chanel and Dior in terms of silyness and pigment. It is better and easier to blend than Lancome or Estee Lauder eye shadows. In the end of the day colors tend to look patchy, some creasing and I havent really had this happen with Chanel and Dior eye shadows. Chanels new Duos did fade, but they still faded sort of more "evenly" and did not crease. Dior quints stay on really well. These are so expensive and even though the colors are amazing and I much prefer the colors of YSL to ANY brand, I still wont repurchase them, because they dont look good all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2006 10:16:00 AM More reviews by maxinesmiles

Really just do not like these, somehow the are just to heavy and i cant control them, though the colours are beautiful.