April 24, 2014 | 1078 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers - French Vanilla

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I compared this to Maybellinč`s Linen single, a similar shade of creamy off white highlight suitable for brightening up the tear duct area. I did my own version of a split face experiment, to see which of these similarly priced eye shadows worked best.

This has a tiny bit of shimmer, more like a satin or as another person said, pearl. It behaves like a matte, and is quite chalky and difficult to blend compared to the Maybelline Linen. The coverage skips a bit so it grabs one spot, leaving another almost bare.

It doesn`t enhance crepey eyelids or wrinkles which is nice, but neither does the Linen one.

It functions reasonably well as a highlighter, in the tear duct area, and brow bone, but due to the patchiness and chalkiness I can`t recommend it. The Linen shade by Maybelline is better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by LynOlivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love using this as an all over lid colour, it brightens up my eyes beautifully without being really white and opaque or shimmery. It just gives my eyes a beautiful sheen.

I also love using this as a highlight on my cheeks or under the browbone.

I dropped mine and it broke! But the shadow is still beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by user24678

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this for an all-over-the-eye colour to brighten my eyes behind my smokey liner. It works well for that purpose. It's barely lighter than my natural skin colour (yes, I am just that pale) with very slight shimmer so it takes a bit to show up and is subtle... but if I do only one eye and not the other to compare, the one with the eyeshadow does definitely look brighter. I apply it over my pressed powder to help the shadow last longer, but I don't think I'd notice if it creased anyways because it's so similar to my natural lid colour. I don't know how much it fades throughout the day because, again, it's subtle. I think any shadow in this colour would be forgiving in wear on my skin tone. But it does what I was hoping it would, and at a decent price, so I'll continue to use and probably repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by LightPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

French Vanilla is a nice pearly shade for applying under the eyebrows. This shadow was exactly what I was looking for since I ran out of the pearl white shade that was 1 of 5 colors from my favorite Maybelline EyeStudio Color explosion luminizing eyeshadow Caffeine Rush.

This covergirl shade is not as good as the pearl white shade that was in the Maybelline eyestudio which is way better!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Nice highlighter shade, but fades rather quickly. I was looking for a cheap, pretty cream color, and this was it. Easy, smooth application, and not chalky at all. I thought it was a matte shade, but it has a very subtle shimmer, which looked fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by MaeBeeBaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I could rave all day long about this fantastic product! I purchased this specific one at my local Target store for $3.49, very inexpensive. I was not expecting much, I use a shimmery (low on the shimmers), off-white/ivory, color everyday for brow and tearduct highlighting. I was pleasantly surprised that when applied the product goes on almost (***) transparent, with lovely barely-there subtle shimmers. I simply adore this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great quality drug store eyeshadow. FV is a slightly pearlescent creamy white color - perfect as a highlighter but not too harshly white to wear all over the lid. Sometimes when I'm in a huge hurry I'll just apply some of this all over the lid and I'm good to go. I have several off white eyeshadows in my collection (some matte, some shimmery, some more white and some more yellow or cream colored) but this color is a perfect middle ground of all of these - very slightly shimmer and not too cream colored or too white. The consistency of this eyeshadow is very creamy as well - not chalky in the slightest. It does crease fairly quickly if worn without primer, but then most shadows do. I haven't found all the CG e/s singles to be as good quality as this one, but I will definitely repurchase French Vanilla in the future and continue to explore the line for other gems.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by lillyrowan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this shadow as a highlight -- great stuff. Creamy texture, no little crumbs of the cheeks, and it is cheap. What's not to love. I am very fair, and this shows up very nicely.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by smilekey

I LOVE this product! , Its good in everyway to me :D i would buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 12:45:00 AM More reviews by hawkeyegirl2003

I like this eyeshadow for a highlight. It is nice to not have a glitterball highlight color if you have shimmer on the lid, and this really fits the bill. Its super inexpensive. There are other shadows of better quality that I enjoy more, but this is a nice shade and is easily available. I can pick it up pretty much anywhere, and I live in a fairly small city.