Sally Hansen Diamond Cuticle and Nail Creme [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

on 4/24/2015 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Sally Hansen, if you're listening...BRING THIS PRODUCT BACK, ya filthy muggles! We don't need a new line of revamped cuticle care products every year. We need solid products that we can count on time and time again. You're never going to reinvent the wheel in this department - can we please just have something from you that works?
~ Sincerely, Your Cuticle Care Line Kinda Sucks.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am very impressed with this product - I use it before manicure and it really softens the cuticle and does just what it claims to do. It is very very greasy and it smells pretty gross - something chemical, like petrol meets vanilla perfume, it is also incredibly bitter tasting if it accidentally gets in the mouth.
However, it does the job better than anything I've tried before so I'm a fan.

on 7/22/2010 11:14:00 AM

I have used many, so say miracle cuticle creams - all the high end and budget ranges over the years.
I am 48 and going through the dreaded "change" and my skin/nails and hair are suffering.
I like Sally Hansen products - I feel for the price you get a good quality product with no fussy packaging and prices. I thought I would try this cream after reading reveiws on here and to find plenty of stock on UK Ebay.
The cream is brilliant - I have been using for a week now and my nails and surrounding skin look fresher and moisturized. I gave myself a manicure yesterday and there was barely any old cuticle that needed removing either. In short my nails look wonderful.
I am not vain in the slightest but like to have my hands/nails looking nice along with feet. A must for me.
The cream, I have only uised at night due to the consistancy - it is almost like Copydex, very sticky but nice all the same. Lovely smell and along with the cream being thick you have a nice "slip" when rubbing into nails. You need to create a little heat in the nail bed area to improve blood flow - this is just a nice pleaseant product to use.
I am impressed on the quality but also the price. The product does what it says it will do! I have been back to Ebay to buy another :)
Hope this will be of help to someone else too. Best wishes, Shal.xx

on 3/18/2010 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this based on the reviews here which said is super rich. I have quite dry and tough cuticles and this has helped loads, they look perfectly manicured now. I mainly use it at bedtime or if im not doing much with my hands as it is thick and sticky, but that is why i bought it because i feel that a lot of cuticle creams aren't rich enough for me. I love the smell aswell and i think it improves the look of my nails, whitens the tip a bit and strengthens them- all in all a great product that i will repurchase although i can see it lasting me ages anyway!

on 1/20/2010 8:50:00 AM

This creme is brilliant. I bought it on a fling, thinking it was on special offer and only at the cashier finding out that it wasn't and well... the price is rather on the high end, BUT it is worth every penny. It helps my cuticles and my nails so much. My nails look much healthier and my cuticles are smoother. I would definitely recommend it.

on 5/22/2009 3:10:00 PM

I am also sad this cream has been discontinued - I am a nurse, and have to wash my hands constantly with harsh soap, resulting in dry, ragged cuticles and brittle nails. This is the most emollient cuticle cream I've ever tried. It's true that it's a bit greasy, and doesn't absorb immediately - best used at night or when you don't need to use your hands much. I actually love the scent, a fresh (though very synthetic) vanilla. I guess I'll have to scour Big Lots...

on 12/15/2008 10:43:00 PM

Nice smell, moisturizes well. Little too sticky. Now that the cream is gone, i realize it was the best cuticle cream ever! I tried some other products since and nothing really works. I hate how dry and rough my cuticles are now. I wish they start making this cream again.

on 11/27/2008 7:42:00 AM

I really like this creme. It's very thick and moisturising, and I can really feel it making a difference to my nails and cuticles as I'm massaging it in. It's immediately softening and soothing on hard/ cracked cuticles. As has been said, a little goes a very long way, and it does take a while to sink in. I find that it helps if you massage each nail for 30 seconds. Despite the fact that the pot is rubbish, I would buy it again as I think it's pretty good value for heavy duty mousturisation.

on 4/4/2008 7:27:00 AM

I am sad to read on here that this has been discontinued. It's such a good product for me. Keeps my nails and cuticles so neat and healthy looking between manis/pedis. Even my manicurist commended after a few months of seeing me that the cuticles and nails looked great!
I like the smell and yes the cream can be a bit annoying cos it sits around for a while before sinking in and it does dry my hands a little but the results are so good that I am willing to overlook it!

on 3/24/2008 5:47:00 PM

This stuff has the consistency of hair glue or something so VERY STICKY. That being said it takes forever to sink it so I think I will only use it before bedtime and get a different cuticle cream for day use. Smells like vanilla fields kind of.