July 22, 2014 | 1697 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Sunplosion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2005 2:36:00 PM More reviews by blufunk

GGG NC45

I've been reaching for this daily since early summer, it gives me that bright eyed, well rested look. It pairs well with golds, greens and pinks; it blends well. Long lasting for my oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2005 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love this shadow. Treated myself to this little gem, that is definately a pink grapefruit colour on me. I absolutely adore the texture and wear of the Veluxe Pearl line, and although this was the only shadow that grabbed my eye from this collection, I am definately pleased with it. It's perfect with a tan for summer, and really accentuates my blue eyes. I would most definately buy this again! As always, I wish Limited Edition e/s came in pan forms....

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2005 12:43:00 AM More reviews by BeautyFiend1976

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was very pleased with this new Veluxe Pearl shadow from MAC! It's smooth and didn't crease on me at all. The color is exactly like the cream shadow from Benefit called " Big Kahuna ".. I love them both! I even tried wearing both and it came out a very pretty dark orange with tons of shimmer. Try putting this shade over a shadestick for fun! I used Crimsonaire.. awesome coral color!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2005 4:18:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I am not a fan of orange but MAC manages to make it work. Part of the C Squeeze collection released July 2005. This is limited edition so its only available in a flip top black pot and retails for $13. Orange Tangent is the lighter of the two orange shades with Sunplosion being darker. Sunplosion is a medium golden orange perfect for the crease or lid. Its not too red so it makes you look sickly. Definately on the warm side and works well with my brown eyes and NC 30 complexion. I am a big fan of Sunplosion in the crease with Orange Tangent on the lid and as a highlighter. Add a brown liner and some brown shadow in the outer v for a smokier look. I would repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2005 6:35:00 AM More reviews by LadyWaves89

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Looks wonderful with Orange Tangent. Love the whole C-Squeeze line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2005 10:33:00 PM More reviews by miribre

Sunsplosion is what I expected from D'Bohemia e/s. I prefer Veluxe Pearl over any frost texture. It looks like Sunsplosion has a red undertone in compared with D'Bohemia. NC30 here. I love it. Why does it have to be LE?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2005 6:38:00 PM More reviews by hiyashinsu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful, slightly shimmery orange shadow from MAC's new C-Squeeze collection. It is truly a shame that this is limited edition, because I would definitely keep buying this if they'd keep making it (MAC really sucks sometimes). It's a wonderful, deep orange shade that works so well with my brown eyes. I really do love it. It goes well with Vanilla as a base, and a little bit of Mythology to add some sparkle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2005 5:20:00 PM More reviews by star811

I ♥ orange. Sunsplosion is a pretty, golden orange color. I don't think it's comparable to any other MAC eye shadow. The texture is very soft, but it isn't as pigmented and bright as I hoped it would be. Still, I predict I will be using it often this summer. GO ORANGE!!! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2005 12:36:00 AM More reviews by perpetuallycute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

C-Squeeze; Limited Edition. Shade description: Rich mellow orange with pearl (Veluxe Pearl)
First of all, its orange...and next its a veluxe pearl! So I obviously had to have it. Its a beautiful shadow! It looks similar to paradisco in the pot - but on the hands, paradisco is way pinker.
I think its a must have if you a) like oranges b) have blue or green eyes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2005 7:30:00 PM More reviews by shamima

I adore the veluxe pearl texture, and since i've been lemming the NARS mediterranee duo for a while, i snatched up this beautiful, vibrant orange. so far i've only tried it with golden colours (amberlights, goldmine, and the new orangy gold peach e/s orange tangent, also from this collection) and i'm unsure how versatile it will be. i mean, it IS orange after all :) i would love to try a sunset look with it though. maybe cranberry? Anyway, i'm still working on the combos, but this is a lovely, pigmented e/s