July 31, 2014 | 2028 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Maxiglide iron

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

OMG, this product is HG for those like me with thick, big, dry hair. I have the Maxiglide xpress with steamburst and this iron gets my hair relaxer straight in more than half the time I usually would spend flat ironing my hair. The ends of my hair are no longer crispy, and tangled.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Curly haired ladies, the "teeth" will undoubtedly rip your hair out! There is some kind of contraption that strands of my hair would get caught in and snap off. I hated this thing and the steam feature is just ridiculous! Glad I sold it. I'm so much happier with my Solia.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by jalyce

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love my maxi glide! In my opinion, it is the best hair straightener on the market. My hair is very thick, curly, frizzy and dry. Iíve experimented for years with ceramic irons (chi & sedu) and while they did straighten my hair, they did nothing to cut back on my uncontrollable frizz and dryness. This is the only product makes my hair look shiny and smooth. The maxi glide has completely changed my hair routine. In the past, I would blow dry my hair with a large round brush and then I would use a flat iron on it. My hair always looked dry and damaged, no matter how much conditioner I used. I could never let my hair grow long because I constantly had to get trims to cut off all the breakage from all those heating tools.

This all changed when I got my maxi glide! My routine is so simple now Ė I just shampoo and condition my hair, towel dry, then apply some citre shine serum, a little leave-in conditioner, and a good straightening lotion (like Ruskís str8.) I then let my hair air dry. I turn my maxi glide up to about 4 (it goes to 10) and run it through my hair. The maxi glide spins my frizzy blonde hair into golden silk! I agree that the steam can be VERY hot Ė I do not use a burst until I am nearing the end of my hair. The steam keeps my ends hydrated and looking so healthy. Because of the maxi glide, I now have long (itís now to my mid-back), healthy, straight hair. Iíll never ever use another straightener!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this flat iron. I got it for Christmas in 2004. The only negative I have is that I wish it were about 1/2" thinner, but my hair is waist length, so maybe I don't.

I shampoo, condition, detangle, apply leave in, dry (air or blow), and section my hair into four parts, applying whatever serum before flat ironing, but after my hair is cooled. I pull this very slowly through my hair and it's smooth and shines like crazy. Another big plus for me is that my hair doesn't smell flat ironed when I'm done.

The pins aren't meant to detangle, so if you're having issues with the pins catching try detangling better or ironing smaller sections of hair. There is also the option to replace the plate with pins with a flat (included) plate.

The steamburst is great on my ends, but make sure you aren't anywhere near your scalp (PER THE INSTRUCTIONS) or you will burn yourself. It's steam. Steam hot. Steam hurt.

You don't have to clamp down and pull this flat iron as hard as you would a normal one (it said so in the instruction manual and on the infomercial). You'll break your hair if you do.

The mini glide is nice for root touch ups, but there's no temp control.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 3:10:00 PM More reviews by burnleybabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'd have to chime in here with I love, love, love this product. I bought it off their website on a whim and I am definitely glad I did. The price was a little steep at the time but considering how much I use it, it more than makes up for the expense.

It heats up quickly. It works great. Straight hair in half the time of other straighteners I've used.

Just a few things in regards to other posts that I see: you shouldn't use the steam function until the appliance is a couple of inches away from the scalp (this is in their instructions) otherwise, yes, you will get burned. Also the little "combs" are not really meant to de-tangle your hair. Use a comb or brush to go through your hair to remove big tangles before using. The combs are there more for separating your hair so it can receive even heating from the appliance.

It is a little heavier than other straighteners, but as you don't have to pull and clamp down on your hair in order to get your hair straight with this tool, you won't notice that for long. 20 min and I'm done (I have long, wavy hair).

Definite full 5 lippies on this one. Would never purchase any other straightener.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

i didn't like this, it didn't work for my hair.

Pros: hmmm theres really nothing good about this

Cons:
-huge and bulky
-the lil comb things on the iron pull out your hair
-the steam really dosnt help
-dosnt straighten well
-cant get close to your scalp or you'll get stream burns

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Laera

I LOOOOOVE this flat iron. I purchased the XP version 5 years ago and it was my very first flat iron. It's worked perfectly everytime. And it still works wonderfully now. Just follow the instructions carefully and you won't have any problems. I'm surprised about the complaints about this iron. It does snag if you don't brush out the tangles in your hair beforehand and clamp down hard and pull the iron through your hair (which you're not supposed to do). It also works fast. My entire head of hair was straight in under 20min. I hardly ever got split ends. My hair is normally thin, coarse, wavy, curly, frizzy and desert dry. After using this product, you would never think I had hair issues. My hair would be silky, smooth, shiny...perfect looking. The only cons for this product is that it's heavy. However, i'm going to buy the Maxius MAXIglide MP and Maxiessentials Hair Care Set on HSN.com (Item: 558-278). I bought the Infinity Conair Nano Silver flat iron for $80 thinking it was a better and lighter iron and boy was I mistaken! The Conair flat iron killed my hair. Never again!!! ...I'm sticking with MAXIglide!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by onethousandcurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this iron. I have very curly hair and irons usually just flatten the curls into 2D smashed curls without straightening them.

I love that the Maxiglide has those little detangling pins that make sure my hair straightens as it irons. There's a good range of temperatures, always a plus.

I wish it wasn't as bulky, but a minor con.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by CG1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I love love love this Iron. I have tried many many irons, not just my own purchases, my friends irons as well; the chi, Sedu, ones from Sally's, Conair, Conair platinum, I dont even remember all of them. I have thick middle eastern curly hair, its been TR'd in the past but I have about 6 inches of regrowth. Anyhow this is the best iron. It really smooths and straightens my hair the quickest and best.

I am extremely impatient because I have a lot of hair, i start with one side, taking small strands and then by the time im at the back or other side i take huggeee slices of hair to iron all at once. Other irons, you can instantly see the difference when I start doing that to the other side, the maxi glide, as long as you brush and comb through it first is brilliant in that it still will straighten huge bits of hair. It stays smooth and straight and i highly recommend it.

I've turned at least 4 friends on to it who flat iron regularly and love it (All curly haired) I would buy again and I def. recommend , I doubt this would be suitable for fine hair I think it would be too much for that type of hair, but for the serious flat ironer or those with curly, thicker or ethnic hair it's fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by 8024debbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow. I can't believe how many negative comments this iron has gotten. I love my Maxi Glide. I think some people just aren't reading the instructions right. Some are complaining that the iron snags and pulls out your hair. If you read the instructions it says to detangle your hair before using. As for the steam burst, your only suppose to use it on your ends because that's where hair is most dry. If you use it on top you will burn your scalp. If you use a serum before ironing you will get some residue on the iron but this happens with all flat irons. Same goes for those complaing about dry ends, all irons dry out your hair. As for the blue blinking light, I just put my thumb over it until it heats up and stops blinking.