October 23, 2014 | 1840 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Goldpearl Plum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

Beautiful deep rose color with a hint of plum. Has a gold pearl finish. Some people are saying that the pearl looks silver to them, but I disagree. I have plenty of silver pearl lippies, and this lippy looks warmer than them. I can see that the pearl in this is actually golden ... it's warmer and gentler than the silver pearl lippies. I think it's beautiful!

I have Revlon's Mauvy Nights lippie, which is a very wearable plum, and I like it ...... but I think Goldpearl Plum is wayyyy prettier and even more wearable. Goldpearl Plum is a rosier plum, so it brightens up my face more. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by angiegurl33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I never really hear anyone talk about this color or find many swatches of it online but it's quickly become one of my favorites. I feel like I stumbled on this lip color by accident since I was looking for a plum lipstick - which to me this doesn't come off as plum at all - but instead found a really beautiful, everyday wearable warm deeper rosy color that could easily go from office wear to an evening look. I can't tell if it really does have a bit of gold sheen to it or if the product name just planted that idea in my head, but it does have a beautiful metallic shine to it that gives the color some nice dimension and catches the light. Like another reviewer mentioned, I agree this is one of the more complex colors in the Super Lustrous line and I love it! I've posted swatches to see what the color really looks like since the name may be a bit misleading on this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This pink is so close to perfect...but on my very pigmented lips, it appears a bit frosty and not as opaque as I'd like. I really wish I could get this color in a creme finish. I recommend this for anyone that is looking for a complex, wearable, flattering pink.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by auburngal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've fallen in love with the SL line. In my opinion, the entire line give every expensive department store lipstick stiff competition.
This is a nice rose on my NW15 complexion, nice for the winter with black; different enough from the other Revlon rose lipsticks I have. I also like Copperglow Berry (reviewed separately) for a more intense look. I'll be alternating this one with Smoky Rose (may be my favorite of all).
ETA: Paid just $4.25 for it, quite a bargain.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

Once upon a time in the not-so-distant-past I found my go-with-anything-anytime HG lippie: red-but-not-too-bright, wine-but-not-too-plum, bronze-but-not-too-orange, brown-but-not-too-ashy, pearl-but-not-too-frosty lipstick in Revlon's discontinued shade "Deep Nude". Looking at "Gold Pearl Plum" in the store recently, it looked a return to love at first sight. Alas, it was not to be. The color is indeed more modest, office-appropriate purple-brown (plum) than red --- and the "gold" in the name is not there whatsoever. The actual pearl consists of a silver satin sheen. It's not a bad color but it's not a resurrection of Revlon Super Lustrous Deep Nude, which in my estimation was probably the closest thing I've ever seen to a universally-flattering lipstick. For what it is, however, Gold Pearl Plum is an attractive medium plum shade with a modest silvery sheen --- it's just not accurately named. A more apt description would be Silver Pearl Plum. If you want a cool pearl color this is a classic and a keeper; if not you may want to keep looking for the elusive gold satin sheen that so rarely appears in pearl, metallic or frost drugstore lipstick brands.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by ex0ticbarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This lipstick used to be my signature shade when I was younger. I constantly wore this and thought that the color was so beautiful. On me it appeared red with a slight tint of berry and was very flattering. Fast forward about 5 years, I tried this shade on again only to realize that it does not look good on me at all. Maybe I was paler back then or who knows, but I find this shade highly unflattering on me right now. It washes out my complexion and makes me look kind of dead. It also appears brownish instead of having that berry red shade. I look back at my old pictures and still think the lipstick shade looked amazing back then, so it's not as if I outgrew it. Maybe it is because I am into wearing super bright red lipstick shades now instead of deeper shades like this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by nickitraylor

I really like this color but HATE HATE HATE the formula. It dried my lips out, wore off quickly and was generally icky. I will never buy this formula again. Price is fine, packaging is fine, lipstick itself- not so much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by GuerlainAds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Revlon SL is one of my favorites, whether high or low end. This is a very wearable shade. The gold shimmer/frost makes this lighter than you would expect. On my bicolor purple lips (NC35 complexion), it looks like a very shimmery darker pink. The frosted SL shades are not as opaque/pigmented as the creme shades. I prefer the creme shades to hide my bicolored lips, hence the 4 Stars. I would usually give 5 for most SL shades. No scent, like all the SL lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 8:04:00 AM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised there were no reviews for this yet! I would consider this one of the more complex Revlon colors, along the lines of Deep Nude and Copperglow Berry. Goldpearl Plum is, to me, a mix of different colors, such as plum obviously, but with a fair amount of red, pink, or berry undertones. It doesn't pull as warm on me as Deep Nude and Copperglow Berry. I love the golden tinted pearl finish....it's not too much for day wear....in fact, I'm running out the door to work right now, and wearing this color, and believe me, I am very conservative about my makeup....to me, it's meant to enhance my features, not make a statement. IMHO, this looks very nice with the red top I'm wearing. I looked at this for awhile before I picked it up, because Revlon lipsticks seem to oxidize wierdly with my skin chemistry after about 15 minutes, often developing an odd orangish cast, but this one hasn't yet, even if I don't wear a balm underneath. It seems to brighten up my complexion, which is what a good lipstick should do, and man, does my complexion ever need brightening right now....it's been about a month since we've had a nice sunny day around here! So, in conclusion, this one is a keeper for my collection! :) For reference, I believe I would be considered about an NC20-25...I have pretty fair skin with a yellow undertone, and I like makeup with neutral undertones. I have brown hair and hazel eyes.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 12:34:00 AM More reviews by rainshine

Very pretty in the tube, turned orangey-pink on my lips. I'm NW25, this may look better on cooler, paler tones.