February 27, 2015 | 1230 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Bobbi Brown - Extra Spf 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2015 8:48:00 PM More reviews by juliannex

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm nearing the end of my jar and being a fickle product junkie, I'm thinking about whether to replace it. However, I'm worried I won't be as happy with something else!

My skin is mature, normal-to-combo in hot, humid conditions, somewhat dry in winter. I often have problems with heavy creams causing blackheads and clogged pores, but have used this summer and winter with no problem. I apply it with a Beauty Blender sponge, and maybe am applying it sparingly.

My foundation shade tends to be second from the lightest in most lines. I got this in "extra light" and it's a good match.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2015 9:28:00 PM More reviews by ConradZimmerman

No one needs fragrance on their skin whatsoever. While lavender is nice it really has no business on skin. There are mixed reports on whether it is phototoxic, estrogen disrupting, irritating and sensitizing as all essential(volatile) oils contain constituents that have the potential to irritate. And there are reports on it's supposed calming effects. My opinion is to avoid it in general, without the fragrance I would definitely consider keeping this product, though pricey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2015 1:54:00 PM More reviews by dawnlois

Ok - just bought this originally last week. I went against Paula's (Begoun) advice and bought it anyway - I turned 50 last year, I use Retin A and glycolic acid products, and I regularly do mandelic acid peels - so my skin is dry. I use buckets of sunscreen, rich moisturizers and facial oils, so I keep it under control, but as for makeup - forget it. At least as far as any kind of foundation goes, it all looks like spackle, and gets dry and flaky throughout the day, unless I put lots of oil underneath it - then it gets greasy. Not so - drumroll, please! - with Bobbi Brown Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm!! For me - pure heaven. Rich and buttery feeling, glides on and blends in like a dream, is a PERFECT color match (Light), and looks beautiful all day long - like I'm not wearing makeup at all. Contrary to what some others say, I think it definitely has a bit of coverage - just enough to make skin look perfectly even. It wouldn't cover blemishes and the like, without a bit of extra concealer. However, it's absolutely marketed as a tinted moisturizer,which was really never meant to have full coverage.I feel moisturized all day, as well. After I bought it (ahem) I thought I might want to check the MUA reviews in more detail - and I have read that this product is being discontinued. I ordered my first jar from Nordstrom's - and about ten minutes ago I ordered a second one from the Bobbi Brown website - just in case. I've not been specifically told by anyone that it's being discontinued - maybe the company has changed that plan! I hope so, because it just doesn't happen very often that I find any kind of foundation-like product that I'm happy with, and I really like this. I rated it 1 lippy for price - Good God! Fifty six dollars! But I will surely buy it again, presuming nothing weird happens, like all of a sudden my face turns into one big pimple, or something like that! And, of course, I live long enough to use up the 2 jars I already have! LOL! Speaking of jars - I stopped at Ulta and picked up a couple of small sample pots and decanted some product into them, so I'm not constantly sticking my fingers into the jar. The packaging is gorgeous and definitely vanity table worthy and I don't have any problem with that. This product would be hard to package any other way - you could never squeeze it out of a tube, way too thick. Smaller jars are a very minor inconvenience for me - and easier to carry with you during the day or for travel.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by sydore

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have no business writing a review because I just purchased this today and have been wearing it for only seven hours. However, I think that, so far, it is terrific for someone who is of a certain age with dry skin who wants a glowy natural look. This evens out your skin tone, moisturizes and gives you sun protection. It is not a foundation, but I have reached an age where foundations scream "makeup!" on my face.. I had this applied by a knowledgable sales person at Barneys NYC who applied it over moisturizer, which gives you an idea of how dry my skin is. Now, hours later, I still look moisturized, not greasy as some have said, and improved. I thought it worthwhile to review this today because I learned that this is being discontinued. I was fortunate to get the last light to medium jar in the store. So if you are a user or are curious, try or buy while you still can. Just my luck to find something at the very last minute.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by henrysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Just saw another review and remembered that I didn't review this. I am probably a member of the target audience for this product, I am 55 with dry skin and don't need a lot of coverage. I didn't really mind the jar, it feels heavy and significant and am pretty careful about cleanliness with my cosmetics. I didn't even mind the smell, which is strong. Some people called it lavender, but it reminds me of a Dr Hauschka product, only stronger. The texture was creamy and felt very good going on. Coverage was very minimal, although it did sort of even out some of my coloring; it would not be for someone who had anything to hide. However, I only used it four times and returned it because it looked waayyy to greasy for me. I don't mind dewy, but this was over the top and didn't absorb into my skin even over time. I ended up using powder to control the shine. You know a product isn't for you when your husband tells you your skin looks better without it. I think this would be good for someone with very dry, and I mean verrryy dry skin, or someone who lives in a very dry climate, but for those of us with only "dryish" skin, it's way too much. Too bad. Returned it and am trying the BB cream now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I liked the concept of this product - a balm with SPF that provides some coverage and leaves dry skin dewy and pampered. I had a generous sample which I used up. While this balm was pleasant to use and felt good upon application I found some negatives that will prevent me from buying this.
Pros:
- Good color match for my light skin tone NW10/15, I used Extra Light
- Creamy/buttery consistency, easy to apply
Cons:
- I have dry skin with a normal t-zone and this product looked dewy for the first few minutes, but then greasy and shiny
- I did not feel like this product was really "moisturizing"
- Coverage was not even, product seemed to "slide"
- Jar packaging, while elegant, is not sanitary and destabilizes the sunscreen
- Essential oils in this product are potential irritants, would prefer less scented product
- High cost

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by saggies

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The colour was good but it made my skin very shiny so it looked like I had oily skin which I don't have. I had to use powder which defeats the whole object of a tinted moisturiser. The bottle was easy to use in the beginning but had to use an ear bud to get it out when it was nearing the bottom. It did last a long time but I did alternate with other products because of the shlep of having to powder after application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have really been wanting to try this ever since I sae the makeup artist Lisa Elridge using this on one of her tutorials for mature women. Due the amount of the negative reviews here, I wanted to get a sample first becuase here we dont have the option of returning cosmetics. I have the shade light and it is slightly too dark for my NW 20 skin. It also feels like no other product I have tried. I did not use any moisturizer under this and you certainly dont need to becuase the testure is like butter. it feels a little bit hard until you take it in your hands where it melts down and it sure felt like oil when I was applying it. It feels very greasy and yes it leaves your skin glowy but becuase it was so greasy I felt that I need to set it and of course after I set it, it was no longer dewy. So basically this product feels heavy, does not provide much coverage but after you set it with powder it makes your face look cakey. The lavender smell is quite strong but I was not able to smell it all the time, only when I applied it. It did not irritate my skin but next day I found a couple of new pimples so this might just be too much of greasy side for my skin.
EDIT> Tried this again and I love it on my winter skin. So flattering I looked at myself in the mirror after a day at work and I looked best I ever did. Then went to purchase it and found out they discontinued the darn thing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I bought this in extra light, since this was the lightest shade Sephora had. I have dry, dehydrated cheeks and an oily t-zone so I was hoping to use this strictly on my cheeks. I like the extra moisturizing balm, so I thought this was going to be good for me. It isn't. It seems to sort of sit on top of my skin, it doesn't cover anything, and it makes my skin really greasy. This may account for the poor lasting power--4 hours at most.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by clairerenee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was really hoping to like this cream as it has spf25 and bobbi brown generally has exc pale shades. However, I found the scent overwhelming and wondered if it would make my somewhat sensitive skin react. It didn't but I found the scent totally unnecessary. I also found the balm too greasy for my t zone though as I expected the color was very good. Would not buy again.