July 31, 2014 | 1084 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Bobbi Brown - Extra Spf 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I bought this in extra light, since this was the lightest shade Sephora had. I have dry, dehydrated cheeks and an oily t-zone so I was hoping to use this strictly on my cheeks. I like the extra moisturizing balm, so I thought this was going to be good for me. It isn't. It seems to sort of sit on top of my skin, it doesn't cover anything, and it makes my skin really greasy. This may account for the poor lasting power--4 hours at most.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by clairerenee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was really hoping to like this cream as it has spf25 and bobbi brown generally has exc pale shades. However, I found the scent overwhelming and wondered if it would make my somewhat sensitive skin react. It didn't but I found the scent totally unnecessary. I also found the balm too greasy for my t zone though as I expected the color was very good. Would not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

After reading the reviews from women over 50, I am now thoroughly convinced that I am a freak of nature because as dry and arid as my skin is, this did NOT do anything for me. I was expecting tons of moisture, hydration, glow. Instead I got drier, cakey, and a dull looking finish. I should have stopped at the scent of menthol. Since when does menthol equal moisture? You know..it really really bothers me when the word "moisturizing" is misused. I want something that will literally glide onto my skin and smooth the rough spots a bit. Granted, mature skin isn't youthful skin--but a darn good Balm or foundation can help. My review has two lipsticks because the color was actually a great match (light) so there was a glimmer of hope there. I will see if I can exchange this for Bobbi Brown's moisturizing foundation but we'll see. I may just give this to my daughter. Very, very disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by pinkishbrown

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I will openly state that I work for this line, so please take that into consideration.

However, I recognize that some products are not that great, and some are "meh" and some are just awesome. This is the latter.

I am constantly trying to make my clients feel lit from within and like they are comfy in their own skin. I'm not much of an "artist" but I love my clients and want them to feel gorgeous. The best way I can do that, for my skill set, is to beautify their skin. I want them to have gorgeous skin...even if my "smokey eye" skills need more work!

This product is super moisturizing and "whipped" in feeling; like the consistency of a really decadent chocolate mousse. It goes further than many similar tinted moisturizers, both in coverage and especially in moisture. A little goes a long way.
As described, it does have SPF, which is awesome. Other benefits:
-this product would easily sub as a moisturizer (i.e. you won't need any other moisture) for most dry skin types. If you are truly scaling and flaking, then you might need to exfoliate and then heal with something from a derm, etc. Everyone else, including women who love to really baby their skin with moisture....is ideal for this product. So, in one way, you are saving $$ by not getting a separate moisturizer.

-this product is amazing for more mature skin. If you are younger and possibly more oily, this might not stay as long on you. If you are more dry, and especially if you are dealing with wrinkles....this is the BEST product. It plumps up your skin, leaves a healthy glow and dries a little so you don't feel too wet when it sets in.

-the colors are different from typical BB colors. They go in Alabaster, Extra Light, Light, Light to medium, Medium, Med to Dark, Dark, Rich (maybe also "Deep" IIRC). Because this is more sheer, it really is not the end of the world if you have to go one shade lighter or you can't get what you feel is a "perfect" match. This is a sheer coverage, so it's workable. I like to apply with a brush, but some probably prefer clean fingers. I never leave brush strokes, but if that happens, stick with using clean fingers.

- the spf is high enough to be used in a sunny situation! Like...at the beach, pool, etc. Once again, eliminating an extra product.

Other tidbits:
* the packaging is gorgeous and elegant. A nice sized glass pot with durable lid. Some may not like the pot style, but i love it. If hygiene is an issue, you can use a small scooper to put some on your hand and use that as your palette.
* the cost is not bad for the fact that it's long-lasting, smells amazing (oh yes), and can sub for up to 3 different items in your bag.
* this would be a great option for those who want to ease into foundation at an older age....maybe they are concerned with looking spackle-y. This will achieve a glowy, luminous, dewy/radiant effect. I used it on a woman who quite literally was jumping up and down in my chair, LOL....she was like PLEASE let me have this product. I couldn't get her to calm down until she had it in her hands, LOL.

Enjoy if you decide to give this a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by hannahpatricia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really didn't get on with this product... I have dry skin type and love tinted moisturizers, most tinted moisturizers I use have some coverage just to even out skin tone (like Nars, Max Factor CC cream etc) but this is true to its name, it is a moisturizer with a hint of colour and doesn't hide anything. In the jar it looks like quite pigmented but when you apply it is surprisingly sheer. This might be good for some but not what I wanted. I am also a fan of the dewy look, and this made my skin look greasy and that's coming from someone with dry skin problems... The worst thing about this product I found was the smell which was potent and very botanical. Someone said below it smells like lavender... lavender is one of my favourite smells and it smells nothing like it in my opinion! It just smells... I dunno I just hate it! Like very concentrated cheap orange squash?? I don't think it is a generally offensive smell but it was to me and it was so strong, even when I washed it off I could still smell it it made me feel ill! I used it twice and then vowed never again. Waste of money for me...

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by georgiap1996

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really upset about this product, for me anyway! I have very fair skin and I did my research, and came across the Bobbi Brown range and saw that they had the Alabaster tint, for very pale skin like myself. Happy because I've been trying to find a foundation that is pale enough for AGES. I was torn between the balm and the normal tinted moisturiser in the tube but went for the balm due to the amazing reviews I had read! So I ordered mine online in the fairest tint going (alabaster) and it arrived earlier today. Using a real techniques buffing brush to apply it, the colour was too dark which was the least of my worries, this was a tinted moisturiser and not even a foundation and it was too dark?! :( It also looked quite greasy on my face, not 'dewy' as I had hoped and how other people experienced this. Overall I am quite upset as I thought this would be the end of my search for a foundation for my pale skin. However the product does smell REALLY nice and seems like it would be very moisturising which is good if you have dry skin (I do). Wish it didn't appear so dark on me! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Cyntathia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I decided I'd better write what I love about this product because there might be another 50 something person out there who isn't big on wearing makeup but who just needs a good amount of moisture and would like a tiny bit of tint with that hydration. That's what this balm is and does. It's a lovely slippery balm, never meant to cover your zits or freckles, but meant to give a little spf and moisture. The tint is just a plus. I LOVE the jar it comes in. I want glass containers whenever possible and this is a beauty. The scent is something like lavender... and I happen to adore the scent. I have no issues with this product other than confusion about the right choice of color. I got the light tint the first time, but think I may go darker for my second. I doubt it will matter much because this product is so sheer. On top of the balm I use BB bronzers and blushers and generally feel I'm looking my low-maintenance best. The balm acts as a good base for my powder bronzers. Seems to help them last all day. Works for me !

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by denisiel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this after watching Lisa Eldridge's foundation video. I am Light color (Mac NC25 for comparison) and the color match is good. Something in this formula makes parts of my face red but eventually the redness subsides. I could accept that because I have very dry skin and this is one of the few tinted moisturizers that doesn't dry up during wear. However the coverage is nil and probably only looks good if you have perfect skin (but then you wouldn't need such a product). The SA told me to apply another moisturizer underneath, which doesn't make sense as the chemical sunscreens would not absorb properly.

One comment - why doesn't Bobbi Brown list ingredients on its website?

Strong fragrance but doesn't bother me. I detest the jar packaging and feel it's a pot of bacteria. I had very high hopes for this product and even traveled an hour to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have normal/dry skin and wear N1 in Mac face and body and 118 in MUFE. I have the second lightest shade. This is what I use daily. I like that the coverage is very sheer. I also love the SPF 25. This is extremely moisturizing and is a thick balm. The sent is strong but I like it. If you have oily skin this would not work for you. Also if you want coverage, not for you. But for me it's amazing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference I'm NC40 and wear Medium-toDark in this product. This product is for the driest of dry skins. If you have normal skin, combination skin or oily skin... do NOT buy this product. If you do, I guarantee you will be disappointed. All that being said, however, if you have very dry skin, you will LOVE this! My skin is wacko and changes from very dry to dry to normal to combination to oily. Hormones, yanno? Anyway, I don't wear this all the time - only when my skin is feeling super parched and dry. When it's in that "mode" and I want to protect my skin and nourish it while evening out the color, THIS product is the one I reach for. I apply using the Buffing Brush from Real Techniques and it provides a hint of color which evens out my skin tone and gives me a "glow". Once my skin recovers and becomes more balanced, I don't wear this or I will look shiny and feel greasy. For the right skin type (DRY skin) this product is wonderful.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No