October 25, 2014 | 1824 users online

Blush - Chanel - Orchid Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by ellen1159

Subtle, natural looking nude pinky beige. Works well on my fair, cool-toned skin but wouldn't be enough on darker tones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Your own naturally flushed skin but better would be the best way I could think of describing this blush. I think the colour looks like a nude/dusky/pinky/beige and would agree with almost any colouring - it would just need to be built up more on a darker skin.

Mine being NC15 I don't need much of this at all to impart a nice healthy natural glow - there looks to be some shimmer in the pan but on your skin definately no sparkles but a nice healthy looking sheen. I apply this with a stippling blush and sometimes layer with a highlight powder, I think Cindy Lou-Manizer brushed on top of the cheekbones with a light hand and a fanbrush pairs nicely with this blush for an extra glow.

I won't be looking to repurchase this one as I'm sure to have it for a long while yet and have many blushes to work through of similar shading. I had heard that this product has been discontinued - I bought mine from strawberrynet about 18 months ago and see they still have it available. This is the baked blush (I think the US market version is not baked)..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by sarahfeeni

I fell in love with this blush from afar over 4 years ago when I first began to seriously get into makeup. I couldn't get over how gorgeous the extremely finely milled shimmer was and how it seemed to glow in the pan. I also thought the color was to-die-for. It appeared to be a soft rosey nude pink. I waited 2 years to purchase it because at that time I couldn't stomach spending so much on a blush.

jump to 2 years later when I was experimenting with MU looks for my wedding. I went to the Chanel counter at Bloomingdales to experiment with what they considered to be a "Wedding look". (this is also where I was introduced to the only foundation I can wear, vitalumiere in color 30). I specifically selected this blush since I felt that I finally had a reason to buy such an expensive blush. The SA used Madamoiselle lipstick on me. It was a very pretty look but so so so nude. It literally looked like I wasn't wearing MU. which would be great for everyday but not my wedding.

I continued to used the blush but became less and less enthralled with it. It looks quite similar to NARS Oasis on me and while I am not all that dark or tan it seems to hardly show up on my face. I have to really layer it on. I suppose this could be a huge plus for a lot of people who like a very neutral blush look that just gives a subtle hint of color. And like others have said, you really cannot fudge this up! It blends quite seamlessly and you can use almost any brush to apply.

All in all I am glad I bought it but I do not reach for it very often. After finding out it was discontinued I was surprised since this seems like a very versatile blush. Glad that I got to try it while it was still available and Im sure it will come in handy at some point.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 6:46:00 AM More reviews by ipatieva

I was looking for a blush that is hard to flub and asked the sales lady to help me with this. She recommended this blush. At first I was not sure of the colour as it looks a bit dull and Im not a fan of shimmer. When she put it on my skin I was really impressed as it gives me a natural glow and the shimmers seems to disappear. I have never been so happy with blushes before as most of them tends to sit on my cheeks. This however blends very nicely and I would buy this again. Lets' hope that they will continue to sell this gorgeous blush.
P/S: i think this colour will suit fair to medium skin best.
Try this blush with Rouge Coco Shine in Evasion.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by malu22

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite blushes are Nars but lately I have started my obsession with chanel blushes. I am attracted to Orchid Rose in particular so I went to our local Nordstrom to buy it. I was told it was discontinued. I searched online and found it on Saks. When I received the blush I like it so much that I decided to order a backup but it was already sold out also at Saks. I called all the local stores around our area that carry Chanel and I was so happy to find the last Orchid Rose at Macys. It is the perfect neutral pink that would match with anything. It is not powdery at all and blends beautifully. It has a subtle shimmer that I love that doesn't emphasize my pores. Definitely an HG. I never buy backups on makeup because I know I wont finish it but I love this so much and I'm glad I did before it's completely gone in the market.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by VikiLyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me start off by saying I am... erm... not exactly monogamous in the blush category. I have TONS of them. I LOVE tons of them. And, also, when it comes to Chanel products, I expect a lot. I have found very few of their products that live up to the cost for me.
But Chanel can do blush, possibly better than any other company out there! The JC blushes are amazing, and this color in particular is about as close to perfect as they get. To me, this is a dusty, rosy pink - on the cooler side with just a smidge of mauve. When I initially looked at it at the counter, I really wasn't sure it would show up much on me, even though I am kind of on the border of fair and light in skintone. And this isn't a screaming, bright, vibrant blush by any means, but it gives a lovely "lit from within" glow to my face which I love. It goes with almost everything else I might want to wear on my face - red lipstick, pale lips and smokey eyes, neutrals, pinks... I do reach for a warmer toned blush when wearing the really warm colors, but thats seldom for me with my coloring.
All of the JC blushes I have tried have been extremely finely milled, without being overly powdery. They just seem to melt right in to my skin. Likewise, there is some shimmer present, but again, it just blends in to a soft glow - never a shimmer, shine, and definitely not any chunks of glitter on my face. The lasting power on me is fine (my skin is dry - this may be more of an issue for the oilier folks). It lasts through my workday, but if I go out at night, I do a little touch-up. I could live without the smell, but it fades quickly and does give you that feeling that this is truly luxurious somehow.
I said "yes" to buying again, because I love it and I would, except that my next blush love is right around the corner and I can't seem to stay faithful, so we'll see. It may just be another blush from this line!
**Edit 9/8/12** Aaaahhhh! They DISCONTINUED this?!? I Can't believe they did that - it was absolutely perfect! Luckily these last forever, so I'll horde the rest. Chanel's JC in Tempting Beige is a pretty close color too - a little more peachy/nude, less mauve, but it will do as a replacement.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by alicilera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I just started my JC obsession or collecting Chanel makeup generally- when I first got this, my impression was dusty rose, I'm N15 so I have no idea how this will look on me.. I normally stick to pink blush, I have tonnes of them. This is a unique addition and I kind of use it when I want a toned down muted brownish pink contouring look on my cheeks, I use it like a bronzer and I am liking it! :) took a Lippie off for price. Highly pigmented and prob looks amazing on more tanned skintones

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2011 7:47:00 AM More reviews by MakeupJunkieInTraining

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My mom bought this years ago and passed it down to me. My first impression of it was that it was a dusty plumy rose and had shimmer in it. I usually hate shimmer in blushes, but the shimmer in this one didn't show up on my skin. I like this blush for the fall and the winter. I wouldn't buy this again because it's too expensive for a blush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by nekroze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Meh.I occasionally buy Chanel,but during the last few months I became quite obsesed with the line.the previous blushes I bought were US versions but Orchid rose is the baked one which is sold in outside US.
well,it is a splurge really but it doesn't live up to my expectations.The texture is truly a trouble.it is so hard that I have to dig the product with my 109,not to mention that softer brushes like 168 do not work with this.As a result,it is hard to blend.I am surprised that people are saying this is a pigmented blush.I am NC20 and I have to layer it to see some color.I don't have a problem with sheer blushes,I actually always prefer sheer and natural colors on my cheeks.but I would like my expensive blush to be pigmented enough so I can decide how much I am going to sheer it out with different brushes and application.
The shimmer is very fine,it is barely visible on face,and I really love the fact that it is a green/silver flash rather than gold.it doesn't emphasize my pores,the lasting power is better than avarage.
I love the color a lot,it gives me the "my cheeks but better" effect,and looks neither too warm nor cool.
I have been carrying it in my bag for the last few weeks and I have to say I am quite into it but I just think that at this price point,texture and low pigmentation that is caused by it shouldn't be an issue.So I am giving 3 stars.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by amyl122

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

My absolute favourite beauty product of all time! I would never, ever, ever even consider changing blushes. It is absolutely gorgeous, and I have about 5 different colour (orchid rose and tea rose are my favourites) it is so subtle yet it brightens up your entire face. I recommend this to anybody with quite fair skin, or even medium skin. Lovely packaging, although the cover scratches fairly easily and the brush is a little small. Mirror can get a bit dusty from the blush, although if you keep the cover on this shouldn't be a problem. Amazing, amazing product, buy it!