October 26, 2014 | 1054 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - The Oxygen Peel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Purchased this to help get a "glow" for wedding I was attending. I did it 3 days in a row. Skin definitely looking refreshed. Didn't really clear my existing blemishes, but I felt the pores on my nose and chin did appear smaller. Also no new breakouts.

Messy to apply the gel layer, but not difficult. Nice warm feeling when applying the oxygen "foam". I leave it on for 5 minutes and use the enclosed "spatula" to "shave" the foam off, than rinse.

Just wish the "foam" was in a tube rather than a jar. I think a tube would be more hygienic.

Skin feels moisturized and soft afterwards.

I don't feel the price is very expensive as other may feel. Kit gives you 10 peels so it you divide the per application costs, it's pretty reasonable.

I feel this will be a "before special occasion only" peel, as I use a Clarisonic twice daily and use an enzymatic scrub once a week usually.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by samanthalyn713

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite high end face treatment! It's super duper gentle and you can tell a difference from the minute you wash it off of your face. Apply your favorite moisturizer afterwards for the full effect. Best to use this at night. You will wake up with an incredible glow! Use this 3 days in a row before a big event and you will get loads of compliments on your skin. I'm not exaggerating in the least. Whenever I know I have a big night out or a wedding or something in that nature I always use this and people ask me what I use on my skin. It gives you this crazy glow and clears your skin completely. It's hard to explain. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who's skin needs a pick me up or needs to shape up for a special event. No dryness or side effects either. Paired with a good serum/moisturizer afterwards gives your skin unbelievable brightness and clarity. One complaint is the packaging. I don't like how the oxygen foam comes in this little jar. I think a squeeze tube would be more sanitary/use less product. Also, it comes with 13 capsules I believe. although the instructions say to use a whole capsule w/ half the jar filled with warm water... DON'T USE THE WHOLE CAPSULE! You will make waaaay too much product. Don't even use a half capsule, use like a third capsule with 1/3 filled jar of warm water. It makes just the right amount of product to cover your face thickly& evenly with 1/3 capsule. You will save money and get more bang for your buck. Instead of 13 facials you will have almost 40. (If you use the oxygen foam sparingly too)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Fieeeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this peel, my skin is glowing the morning after I've used it - I only use it 1-2x a month because I'm also exfoliating 2 times a week, I dont want to do too much to my skin.
I leave this on for a lot longer than I'm supposed to, I just feel like my skin is a lot better and softer afterwards when I let it sit on for longer :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Bobicady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Initially expected this to brighten my face, but didn't really see dramatic results. What I have found is that it significantly lightens and shortens the duration of those pesky lingering acne spots. So, I use it on the affected areas for longer than recommended about 8-10 minutes (half a capsule). Wet my fingers and re-spread it on my face every couple of minutes since it bubbles up and away from the skin. It's really helped a lot with the spots and I've repurchased it twice for that purpose.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by beautyaddict96

I think it makes no sense that people without hyperpigmentation/troubled skin would try this. It's speifically desgined for that type of skin, so why would you buy it if it's not for you?! For reference, I have combination, acne prone skin. I was having some trouble with acne, and this was supposed to not only clear it up, but make my pores appear smaller and brighten my skin.
I used this 3 nights in a row, and there definitely was some improvement in the appearance of my acne. As for my pores and the texture/radiance of my skin, there was no difference at all.
I continued to use this, but there was no further improvement. It really didn't do much, and it certainly did not do as it promised. I won't buy this again because it was so expensive. It's just not worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by kdub2191

I don't know why there arent as many great reviews! I think you need to have hyperpigmentation/clogged pores to really see the benefits of this peel. I had so many under the skin clogged whiteheads from using a previous product. I did the three day boot camp and already some of the clogged pores came out. It also brightens my complexion and shrinks my pores, as well as help some of the left over marks from previous pimples.

I love this peel, and I also love the micro delivery peel. They are for two different things. But for me, until my pores are completely clear from these whiteheads, this is going to my go to peel.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by o_sonancy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This broke me out and the packaging is very unsanitary - it requires dipping fingers into the jars. The application is messy - as soon as you apply the second product to your face, it immediately foams, sticks to your fingers and then requires you to go back for more. Also, scraping the foam off your face? What does that do?

Should have stuck to asking for a sample instead of wasting money on the package. Microdelivery peel much better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaSF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for years.

Given that I am in my 30s and have the acne of a teenager, very few of my skin care products are 'fun'. My friends get facials to relax but my facials involve extractions and chemical peels. But the philosophy oxygen peel is fun!

It's not 'for' acne-prone skin but I think an SA told me to try and I'm glad I did. It doesn't cause my acne to get worse or flare up. It also doesn't help or hurt my blackheads. But it does make me look refreshed and almost brighter. I swear my cheeks get rosier and I just look fresher.

I primarily use this before big events. There is no down-time, I can use it the morning of or even right before an event.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by jhil0622

I went into ulta to try philosphy products. i am currently tryng to find good cleansers and moisturizers instead of the cheapie stuff. so the philosphy rep talked me into a free oxygen peel to give it a try. it turned my face bright red and made my entire face hot ( not burning just really warm). The rep started freaking out saying i must be allergic to something in the product ( i have no allergies that i know of). she tried the calming serum but that made it worse and wiped it off my face. Now my skin feels really dry and tight. I wouldn't categorize my skin as sensative skin but it looked like i had a sunburn. I thought maybe it was because it was a chemical peel and the rep said no. I would be wary if you have sensative skin to buy this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 8:25:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Hello rosacea flareup.

Goodbye overly complex chemistry lab of a mask that did nothing except give me a mild rosacea flareup.