Mary Kay Mary Kay Signature Apple Berry Lipstick

3.7

on 10/24/2012 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this lipstick! I am asian and it's a perfect berry color. I like to wear it with my "work professional" look.

on 2/17/2012 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This color is so pretty! I love this lipstick :)

on 11/1/2007 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This has an orange-ish red hue to it when I put it on, not a true berry color, IMO. Too warm for me. Won't buy again.

on 10/17/2007 8:16:00 PM

It's a nice plum colour with a tad of shimmer, not really a very noticeable shimmer. It's quite sheer if you apply one-two layers (I mean sheer as a compliment) and the staying power is remarkable. Probably because of the staying power it's maybe a bit drying; I say maybe because my lips are dry anyway and I'm not sure this lipstick can be blamed for that.

I have very small lips and I'm quite pale, which makes me afraid of bold colours, but I feel this is quite wearable. Anyway, I'm giving 3 lippies because it's not such a wearable colour.

It has a moderate smell which is not an issue for me.

I said I wouldn't repurchase because this colour is not a staple for me, so I won't be using it a lot and if I ever run out of it I'll probably just try another plum.

on 7/21/2005 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I tried a sample of the Apple Berry. As gorgeous as this color is, it made me look like a clown! I really wanted to love it, but no way jose! Thankfully my MK friend hooks me up with samples of what I want to try before I buy because MK stuff ain't cheap!

on 7/6/2005 8:01:00 AM

This is a great new shade from Mary Kay. As soon as my mom and me saw it in the catalog, I was eying it and mom pointed to it and told me it would be my color, she is never wrong about that sort of thing. It is a vibrant berry shade with a bit of subtle shimmer to it. This looks great on me, has great staying power (if applied correctly) and I think it is a color that would work on many skin tones. I use the MK Neutral lipliner on the perimeter of my lips, then fill in my lips with the lipliner. Then I apply several coats of the lipstick, blot, then apply more lipstick and this will stay and not feather outside my lips. This works every time. This would also look great with a bit of their new cranberry lip gloss over it but I prefer no lip gloss because it reduces the staying power of the lipstick.